'05 WRX vs '04 SRT 4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on '05 WRX vs '04 SRT 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AngelBoy exactly, because for ,000 you have an SRT that can run low 13's/high 12's, with a ...

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    exactly, because for $24,000 you have an SRT that can run low 13's/high 12's, with a cast iron, fully sleeved block, and a very durable transmission....for a WRX to do that, you'd pay about $30K total for the acceleration alone, and that's assuming your tranny will last....

and like I said earlier, we can't really use the "in the twisties" excuse anymore because of the ACR.
    You'd pay $30,000??? I paid $21K for my WRX brand new. A VF34/injectors/pump and a Cobb AP costs about $1,500-$2,000. So that's $22,500 to $23,000 for a high 12/low 13 second car that would do very well in the twisties.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ah these threads never get old. for the mod for mod value i'll throw this in the pot 1700 in mods ran a 12.64 and 3700 in mods ran a 11.76. look up srtgurl and.... i'm drawing a blank on his name. silverscooby thats it. on srtforums. also someone just went 11.97 on the stock turbo with just bolts on and no spray. dollar for dollar there is no comparsion. but go ahead and fight back with reliability and durability and retail trade in values and your interiors. if it makes you feel better. also stock for stock a reg srt4 is better in the turn then a wrx. put 500 in good tires and it changes. but come right back with the acr for a whole 1500 more and your seeing tailights again. hey you should ask him to rally race in the snow and rain you'll win then. also our fastest stock car down to the paper filter and wheel hoping his way to a 13.64@101.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

ALRIGHT GUYS, SRT-4 IS FASTER... WRX IS MORE PRACTICAL...

i have a wrx. i like srt-4's. the wrx is more practical. (mines a wagon too...) i can haul anything. i can drive fine in the snow. the srt 4 will blow the doors off many a subaru in many a condition. who cares? its like george carlin talking about war. its all a huge your-****-is-bigger-than-mine... bomb em, fight. its ridiculous, and its immature. there are hard numbers guys, they cannot be disputed. i sound like im supporting the srt-4 but i really feel they are hated on for being such amazing performance bargains. and thats the last reason a car should be disrespected.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

well.. i rather drive a WRX than an ugly SRT... thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    You'd pay $30,000??? I paid $21K for my WRX brand new. A VF34/injectors/pump and a Cobb AP costs about $1,500-$2,000. So that's $22,500 to $23,000 for a high 12/low 13 second car that would do very well in the twisties.
    I paid $30K after the mods.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    ah these threads never get old. for the mod for mod value i'll throw this in the pot 1700 in mods ran a 12.64 and 3700 in mods ran a 11.76. look up srtgurl and.... i'm drawing a blank on his name. silverscooby thats it. on srtforums. also someone just went 11.97 on the stock turbo with just bolts on and no spray. dollar for dollar there is no comparsion. but go ahead and fight back with reliability and durability and retail trade in values and your interiors. if it makes you feel better. also stock for stock a reg srt4 is better in the turn then a wrx. put 500 in good tires and it changes. but come right back with the acr for a whole 1500 more and your seeing tailights again. hey you should ask him to rally race in the snow and rain you'll win then. also our fastest stock car down to the paper filter and wheel hoping his way to a 13.64@101.
    Stop being an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by srt-4
    Stop being an ass.

yes mom. i think most of the people on these forums reconize me and my usual willingness to bash both sides of the fence for there stupid remarks sometimes. its all in good fun, chill out. i have no problem admitting my car is worth nothing right after i bought it, has a rubbermaid interior and is a neon. i don't really care, i luv it the way it is. i've also owned a wrx when the srt4 first came out and bashed it for it no handling wrx rip off that it was at the time. or so i thought.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    it was tuned by dasmopar. stock srt 4 will spank a stg 2 wrx from a roll. stg2 wrx is upipe, downpipe, catback, and utec or ecutek. and you would need this stuff to put on an aftermarket turbo. face it people the srt is fast for what it is. this has been gone over 10,000,000 times. i own a wrx i have been through it all when racing these cars.i would also never own an srt .

Yeah for neons!!
    2013 WRX SWP

I can't believe I just read some of that.
    They're fast, way faster in many cases, I acknowledge that. And I was going to write a big retort, but I'll just say this: I like my car, and that's what makes me happy. Plus, I can drive like a lunatic in the dirt and snow, and that's 100x more fun than feeling a little faster in a straight line. Plus, when friends are in the car, they don't have to crank the rear windows. (jk)

Yeah for rental cars!!
    2013 WRX SWP

How many of you have raced an srt-4, i have raced my friends at least a dozen times from a stop and a dozen from a roll. with a TBE UP clutch flywheel he has never been closer then 2 cars on the 1/4! from a roll i have never lost by more then a 2 lengths from a 40mph second gear roll to 110. his srt has a full exhaust, intake and suspension work.

In the end it doesn't matter. You buy an SRT4 to beat a WRX...you buy a WRX because it is an amazing vehicle in every aspect
    2013 WRX SWP

i luv this site.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

After reading all of this and racing several of them myself ( so far undefeated I will add ), I will agree that they are faster cars. I hate to admit it, but it is true.
    Even though they are faster, the WRX overall is still a better vehicle. I bought a WRX because it is a WRX. The respect that goes along with that name is something that the SRT-4 will never have.
    Snowboy

Mods: 2004 WRX- wr blue, Cobb AccessPort- Stage 2 93 Octane, TurboXS cat-less down and midpipe, TurboXS Uppipe, Borla Pro XS muffler, STI Short Shifter, Momo carbon fiber/ titanium shift knob, 22% window tint, Apexi Turbo Timer, K&N Air filter, factory boost gauge, StreetGlow Xenon-White headlights/ high beams, 16" Toyo Proxes4 tires, Rockford Fosgate Power door panel speakers 6.5" front, 4" rear, Intake Silencer Delete, blue STI "I" badge, red Perrin Intercooler Hoses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.