'99 c5 vette vs. '01 z06 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on '99 c5 vette vs. '01 z06 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Speedette The Setup: '99 vette: c5 body, manual, mods: Vram air intake, LS6 intake manifold, my bf's ...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    The Setup:
    '99 vette: c5 body, manual, mods: Vram air intake, LS6 intake manifold, my bf's driving, track time: 12.8@112 on street tires in the 1/4

'01 vette: z06, manual, mods: possibly a suspension upgrade, but nothing else noticeable

The Story:
    So we were cruisin' back to my place in my bf's vette. We pull up behind a 2001 z06. We press on the vette a little bit to see if it wants to play. Well the z06 guns it to the next light. It's red and we pull up in the left lane, they're in the right lane. It's a younger guy with a female passenger. With a quick heads up, the race is on.

The light turns green. My bf guns it as both vettes take off. We have an early lead, and my bf backs off a little. After less then an 1/8 mile, in a 0-75mph run we have pulled 2-3 car lengths on the z06. The other racer gives a thumbs up as he takes the next exit ramp.

Sounds like a good run.

2001 Z06 runs similar numbers as your BF's C5, I've seen a bone stock 2001 Z06 running 12.6 @113 at local track.

uncle lewie wrx,
    2002 - 2004 Z06 gain 20 crank hp, not rwhp.

My bone stock 2003 Z06 ran 12.4@115.5 on a very hot day with street tires.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    headers and say hello to ~ 400 wheel

save the $ on the cat back and just do a 50 shot...works for my dad perfectly
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

I'm just against the idea of nitrous. I'm not hurtin' tooooo bad for money, just gonna have to give it some time :-P Unfortunately I still have an audi a4 I gotta upkeep and pay for. But my next mods are going to be gold 5 spoke c5 rims, header back exhaust, with x-pipes with high flow cats and electric cut outs, and then some exhaust tips, to make it look like I have a catback. :-P But it'll be cut open at the x pipes then comes the heads and cam... then I'll be lookin in the mid 11's

1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Look out Southpaw
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Southpaw has nothing to worry about, just yet.

Magik you should throw a hundred shot on there. You will gain over 100 rwhp and probably around 150 rwtq, if not more.That will be very bad ass and possibly 10's.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I'm just not a huge nitrous fan.... I'm not a supporter of it. It makes you not apples to apples with most cars on the road. I don't want to run 10's and have people be like "i could too if I were spraying" Now, if I had maxed out all the motor mods I could do and still wasn't happy, then I'd look for nitrous, but I'll probably entertain a twin turbo before nitrous... money isn't the biggest objection
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

Peachypumpkincheeks

Trust me, MagikMan is getting there.

The pull in his vette is like having an orgasm.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Trust me, MagikMan is getting there.

The pull in his vette is like having an orgasm.
    Now imagine a 466 rwhp Cobra

The ricers will also say you have 4 more cyliders. It doesn't matter what other people say, especially if they lose. I used to not even consider nitrous myself, and then i saw how rediculous the gains are for the V8s, especially for the Vettes and Cobras. It will be my last mod on my Cobra, but the thought tempts me so very much.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

LS1 loves nitrous.

Sweet. Im buying a C6 next year.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

majikman - love the vette. theres an 04 sitting in my dads garage just waiting on mods . You said that intake took off .4 seconds - any news about how much the ls6 intake helped? and any dyno numbers yet? And if you wouldn't mind, you have a link to that intake somewhere?

I agree with you on the nitrous part...theres just something cool in saying you run 11's all motor
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Corvettes > *

Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    majikman - love the vette. theres an 04 sitting in my dads garage just waiting on mods . You said that intake took off .4 seconds - any news about how much the ls6 intake helped? and any dyno numbers yet? And if you wouldn't mind, you have a link to that intake somewhere?

I agree with you on the nitrous part...theres just something cool in saying you run 11's all motor
    If it's a '04 it already has the ls6 intake. All '01's and up have a ls6 intake, however they have a smaller cam, so they are pretty much even. But I felt a little difference with the ls6 intake manifold, but the vararam intake was nuts.... like absolutely nuts for the money. Gave me such a more fun powerband, it doesn't die off up top.... and the other cool thing, it whines like a turbo when you are in the car.... it whistles good. That thing is sooo bad ass.

Live it up while you can, however don't expect to kill the 06 z06 ! Insanely fast, and if that stock 505hp isnt enough lingenfelter has nice upgrade option.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/Lingenfe...boCorvette.htm

Nice run...I until now havent been a big fan of nitrous, but after riding in my buddies Mustang on a 175 shot its crazy, pulls extremely hard. We plan on doing a head/cam package on our Z06, if you dont go with nitrous.
    02 Yellow Z06
    03 Yellow EVO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.