D16 Turbo vs. REX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on D16 Turbo vs. REX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend has a T3 T4 turbo getting ready to be bolted on to his civic EX which is the ...

D16 Turbo vs. REX

My friend has a T3 T4 turbo getting ready to be bolted on to his civic EX which is the D16 engine. He has new pistons and injectors and he will be running about 7 to 8 pounds of boost. All he keeps talking about is how he is goin to woop me in a race. I can see this happening from a roll but not anything below that????. Oh, i have an 03 wrx with turboback, upipe, crank pully, and intake which ran a 13.6 @98 on the 1/4 and hopefully soon ill be adding a utec. Opinions please. I know B16 turbos are fast, but a d16? because he said it will be in the 12s.
    2003 WRX
    RS*R Turboback, Exhaust Depot Uppipe, Utec, Perrin crank pulley, AEM CAI, propsport egt, Lc-1 Wideband

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fastfox17
    My friend has a T3 T4 turbo getting ready to be bolted on to his civic EX which is the D16 engine. He has new pistons and injectors and he will be running about 7 to 8 pounds of boost. All he keeps talking about is how he is goin to woop me in a race. I can see this happening from a roll but not anything below that????. Oh, i have an 03 wrx with turboback, upipe, crank pully, and intake which ran a 13.6 @98 on the 1/4 and hopefully soon ill be adding a utec. Opinions please. I know B16 turbos are fast, but a d16? because he said it will be in the 12s.
    a friend of mine has a d17 turbo'd and can't break 14's. Another friend has a D16 turbo and it is a turd. d16+turbo=slow
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

he is correct my buddy handed my ass to me from even a 5 mph roll without a built engine and just a d series turbo set up.....

and i have an sti.......from any roll he would walk me

they are fast and sound amazing when the turbo hits

Quote Originally Posted by Cavadini
    a friend of mine has a d17 turbo'd and can't break 14's. Another friend has a D16 turbo and it is a turd. d16+turbo=slow
    fwd from a dig? no way

and unless its tuned it will run like ****......turbo civics are fussy but when done right they are amazing EVEN A D SERIES

1.6 L Turbo vs. 2.0 L Turbo not to mention the big 2.5 L turbo! LOL
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

Sounds like a lot of work to be at a 13.6 :-P
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    He's missing the important thing... engine management. That will make all the difference in the world.

Don't take any turbo'd honda lightly. Even if it's only the d16 motor, they can still pack a punch if built correctly. Sounds like your friend put some work into the motor so I'm sure it's not going to be a breeze. From a dig you'll probably still get him but from a roll it might not be good for you.

Get some EM.

yeah im trying to get a utec as of now
    looks like we could have us a close one though
    not sure when he will get it on but i will let you guys know the output
    also i have a supercharged miata wantin a race
    rode in it -- quick
    just dont know what kind of #'s it would put up
    and how it would do against me
    2003 WRX
    RS*R Turboback, Exhaust Depot Uppipe, Utec, Perrin crank pulley, AEM CAI, propsport egt, Lc-1 Wideband

yeah im trying to get a utec as of now
    looks like we could have us a close one though
    not sure when he will get it on but i will let you guys know the output
    also i have a supercharged miata wantin a race
    rode in it -- quick
    just dont know what kind of #'s it would put up
    and how it would do against me
    If it's the standard supercharger that most of those people put on their miattas, in only puts them at around 145 - 150 to the wheels. They are quick, and feel fast as hell because it's a damn go-cart.... they run in the 13.7 - 13.9 range. hope this helps :-P
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    Says the man with a 50k car that only runs 12's....Hes only a second slower than you...for half the cost...=P
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyvme
    Says the man with a 50k car that only runs 12's....Hes only a second slower than you...for half the cost...=P
    put your foot in your mouth, I probably paid less for my car, than he has :-P Got it used, and a good deal at that... And to say only a second.... lol, that's a huge ammount of time. Like HUGE! that's a good bus length or two....

aslo, to say "only runs 12's" apparently you haven't been in a 12 second car before, or maybe it's just ***** envy, but 12's puts you back in the seat pretty hard............

if done correctly they can be fairly quick. unfortanately alot of them arent done properly.

D16 turbo? What a waste of money. You could get a hatch with a JDM B16A, throw on some type-r cams and cam gears, type-r 4-1 header, ECU, exhaust and that should get you into the 13's easily with an all-motor 'solid as stock' setup. The beauty of it all, is that you can do that with mostly Honda OEM parts! I had a similar setup and it was rock-steady.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.