350Z vs WRX??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 350Z vs WRX?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How does a 350Z compare to WRX performance wise stock for stock. I've driven both they seem close but that ...

350Z vs WRX??

How does a 350Z compare to WRX performance wise stock for stock. I've driven both they seem close but that can be deceiveing. Anyone raced a stock Z when they were stock? Just curious.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have raced a stock 350z--at least he said it was stock- from a stop when I was stage 2 with an up/pipe- he got a jump on me because I didnt launch, but we were almost dead even, then before we even hit 50 we had to merge so I hit the brakes.

I imagine a stock wrx and a 350z- from a roll definitely the 350, from a stop woth a good launch and a bad driver in the 350, the stock wrx might pull it out by a carlenght or less- equal drivers, my money would be on the 350.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

yea, if its not from a dig the Z is gone no matter what. And from a dig, you might keep at first with a good launch, but once you get close to 60ish the Z should be driving away without a problem.. I had a g35 gun by me on the highway when I was on it too and it looked like I wasnt even moving, so the Z will probably be a bit quicker.

What about the new Wrx's, the 2.5's

I have a forester xt and my brother has a newer Z with the traction control. (already broken in)

From a stop he will not catch up untill we reach 80mph, and that is with me having a bad launch. He will have passed me by 80 and many times 70 also.

Then when we switch cars it is the same results.

I have been able to get up to 4 carlenghts on him with an awsome launch and he will not catch up till after 90 ( we never have gone past 90 but he always seems to start catching up quicker) so he would probably catch me and kill me by 100-110.

Even with the traction control that car skids on the first 2 gears

He is gettin better tires soon so that should help.

From a roll, well, lets just say the back of his car looks nice with the new spoiler he got.

stock vs stock and assumed equal drivers:

stop = Z will win. More than likely by about 2-3 car lengths if you are finishing out the whole 1/4mile. You are comparing times of about 13.9/14.0 (350Z) to 14.3/14.4 (WRX)

roll = Z will win by quite a bit. Z will trap anywhere from 100-102mph stock while the wrx will trap 94/95mph stock. Not to mention the better gearing and extra torque of the Z which means that the wrx is going to get walked by a good amount.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.