05 STI take down.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 STI take down..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i just isntalled my FPR, and wanted to cruise around and makes sure everything was cool, so iam cruising ...

05 STI take down.....

so i just isntalled my FPR, and wanted to cruise around and makes sure everything was cool, so iam cruising around and get a call from my freind who says he has a neighbor who has a sti thats talking smack against mustangs... so i said ill be over, 15 minutes later i show up at my freinds house and we walk across the street to his neighbors garage, It was a black 05 STi with a 2.8 stroker motor, TBE, UTEC with custom mapping running 20 pounds on what he said was his stock turbo with a BOV, it had a cobb intake, short throw shifter bascally all the goods, well we hopped on imperial to warm up his sti and for me just to play around, a few miles down from my freinds house is a back street about 1/2 a mile long and so we went there, from a dead stop the ****ing STI RIPPED, i mean he just moved out... so we raced 5 times 1st time was dead stop, i reved to 3K and droped the clutch he did what had to be a full rpm drop and just launched, off the line to 3rd gear he had me by 2-3 car lenghts, but as soon as i capped 50 he was toast, then we did a 2nd gear rolling and he would stay with me till top of 2nd hitting into 3rd and i would pull, then we hopped on the freeway and started at 60mph basically 3500 for me when we did this it suprised me, he found a gear were he could be boosting and when we went for it he hoped ahead by a car lenght and i just passed him at 105 and i mean it was a crawling up to him. then we decided lets do some more dead stops (true STI owner) so i went behind a stator brothers and did a HUGE burn out, let out some good clouds and then we raced again, this time i launched at 2500 and he still had me at about half a car lenght and then 2nd gear we evened out then when i pulled in 2nd till read line he was about 1 car behind me. the next time we actually had a SS camaro show up out of no where and we did a three way line up, the SS wasnt stock and took both of us like crayz, the ss pulled over at the end of the drag and we all parked and looked at each others cars, the ss had heads, cam FAST intake, and a 120 shot of progressive N20, it moved out... that time the wrx was at my back tire the whole way, it defently was the fastest i had ever seen but when the guy your racing is 45 and has his own damn oil piping company i guess he can have a car with alot of frikin horses, it was the only car that has held up next to me like that since i redid my mustang.... i defently have more respect for sti's now, i always liked them over evo's but this car made me sit back and think, he hasnt had it dynoed so hes not sure wat its throwing down but iam saying at least 330 to the wheels, mayb alittle more... it just depended on if he was boosting or not... i defently say rock on WRX guys
    Later
    stalion
    93 Mustang GT 5.0, T56 Tranny, 373 gears, 1.6 rockers, GT-40X heads, Cobra R manifold, 70mm Throttle body, mac fenderwall mount air intake, 73mm MAFS, 24 lb Injectors, MSD igntion upgrade, FRPP underdrive pulleys, Mac 3 inch exhaust with hiflow h-pipe with cats, Ripper shifter, custom mapping by diablo sport chips,
    Dynoed at 360 horses and 370FTlbs of torque

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am just going to assume you beat him and say, good kill

I would give myself a headache trying to read that. Next time try and seperate it with paragraphs
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Thanks for the compliments. Your mustang has had a lot of work done to it, very nice. Did you ask him why he had a stroker motor in a new car?!!? You can easily make 330 hp with the stock engine, if you do the mods right.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Nice Kill.

But i am curious why he has a stroker motor if he isn't pushing serious horse power. It doesn't make sense to me. There are stock blocks pushing over 450 awhp. It is very odd.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

a stroker motor would still be nice as a daily driver...that's almost 3L of displacement for some down low action...
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

if this guy is running a 2.8l stroker kit which is probably from crawford why is he using a vf39 on that block and if hes using the stock bpv hes gotta be running the stock top mount or larger topmount...for a 2.8l i think he def has the wrong setup right now unless hes saving up for a fmic or larger turbo and supporting mods of course
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Ian
    Thanks, it's nice to see a Mustang guy that has respect for others. No offence but you guys are usally a bunch of meat heads So to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Thanks, it's nice to see a Mustang guy that has respect for others. No offence but you guys are usally a bunch of meat heads So to you!
    +1! lol you're plenty welcome here! what have you done to teh stang?
    Dave
    01 RS

I think what surprises me the most is you felt compelled to join this site just to tell that story. I was a member here long before I even considered buying a Subaru but still -- to search out a particular car's forum just to tell everybody you beat one? That's dedication!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

why would he have a 2.8 stoker and be running the stock turbo. it makes no sense at all. thow on a 20G or Green on that subie and we have bye bye mustang.

I Support ClubWRX
    Who the hell buys an $8000 motor and leaves the stock turbo on it!??! If all he wanted was some good low end driveability, he should have gotten a V8 car!

Good kill I guess.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

It's all clicks and whistles to me...

why do you need an aftermarket turbo for a 20psi max....it probably tapers out real quick on a VF39, which is a good thing, since STi blocks can't handle much more than that. he probably has 16psi at redline which is plenty.

as long as it's running some good EM i don't see the big deal. especially since the stroker kit probably increased compression a bunch, it's probably good he stuck to a small stocker...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    why do you need an aftermarket turbo for a 20psi max....it probably tapers out real quick on a VF39, which is a good thing, since STi blocks can't handle much more than that. he probably has 16psi at redline which is plenty.

as long as it's running some good EM i don't see the big deal. especially since the stroker kit probably increased compression a bunch, it's probably good he stuck to a small stocker...
    Why would a stroker kit raise compression "a bunch"? What's your reasoning for that? All the larger displacement stroker kits for Subies don't raise compression at all. Raising the compression on a turbo charged engine beyond 9:1 is usually not advised. However, when you do increase compression, you usually can't run as much timing up top so you compensate by running more boost (up to a point, and then you can't run much of either). If you want any semblance of top end power, you definitely want to run a turbocharger that can hold more than 16psi at redline.
    Of course, this is all based on the strange and otherwise unreasonable assumption that compression was raised considerably...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

compression is raised "a bunch" because that's how you increase displacement on an otherwise factory block. changing your crank/rods/pistons can alter displacement, which will affect compression as well.

my reasoning is since compression is a measure of volume, the volume increase associated with displacement (+300cc), will also raise compression.

i know you probably know what "stroke" means, but i'm just spelling out my reasoning: a stroker kit increases the stroke of the piston, and by visualizing how you measure compression, doesn't comp. have to go up?

and 16psi at redline is *a lot*. tons of people run Stage 4's and run around that area. any more than that, and you're almost reaching the limits of the block.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast