05 STI take down..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 STI take down..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; in other words, CR = V(BDC) / V(TDC) wouldn't a stroker kit increase V(BDC), causing CR to increase? also, a ...

in other words, CR = V(BDC) / V(TDC)
    wouldn't a stroker kit increase V(BDC), causing CR to increase?

also, a 300cc bump in displacement is a 12% increase ; to me, that's significant.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

93 Mustang GT 5.0, T56 Tranny, 373 gears, 1.6 rockers, GT-40X heads, Cobra R manifold, 70mm Throttle body, mac fenderwall mount air intake, 73mm MAFS, 24 lb Injectors, MSD igntion upgrade, FRPP underdrive pulleys, Mac 3 inch exhaust with hiflow h-pipe with cats, Ripper shifter, custom mapping by diablo sport chips,
    Dynoed at 360 horses and 370FTlbs of torque
    thats my mustang....
    now to him.. sorry i havent been on in awhile but i have been super busy. I was able to go back over their (the STI's house) friday and talk somemore to him... he knows his crap when it comes to his car. He said his compression is 8.5, i also asked y he didnt have a huge mother of a turbo, i said if its stroked you got the thump down low make the punch up top, he said that its all off the line performance, and this I totally agree with him, he said he doesnt have to wait at all for the turbo to hit boost and BAM hes outta dodge, he said he has come up to other high boosting turbo STi's and just murdered them, He also said that the first 100 feet make the race, so if he can boost outa the whole and basically haul buns from start to finish then, when they other dudes VF34 or 20G catches its breath and boost , the stroker will already be making its way down the track and leaving a large gap to fill... He did say hes looking at having a custom FMIC added for more are density... meaning MORE POWER!!!.. for turbo applications he doesnt find any turbos to him worht it right now... he does know he can pump up more power but doesnt want to loose any low end monstrosity.... i thanked him for his time and kickin around with two HS kids, he said no problem come back anytime... and i told him about the site... mayb hell hop on sometime
    Stalion
    93 Mustang GT 5.0, T56 Tranny, 373 gears, 1.6 rockers, GT-40X heads, Cobra R manifold, 70mm Throttle body, mac fenderwall mount air intake, 73mm MAFS, 24 lb Injectors, MSD igntion upgrade, FRPP underdrive pulleys, Mac 3 inch exhaust with hiflow h-pipe with cats, Ripper shifter, custom mapping by diablo sport chips,
    Dynoed at 360 horses and 370FTlbs of torque

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    I think what surprises me the most is you felt compelled to join this site just to tell that story. I was a member here long before I even considered buying a Subaru but still -- to search out a particular car's forum just to tell everybody you beat one? That's dedication!
    Well I think I remember you joining, to correct everyone of how fast stealths and vr4s are/were. Now that is some dedication to back up your ride. Haha.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Yes, but that's different that if I had joined just to point I had beaten a WRX. Besides, look how long I've stayed -- and I bought a Subaru as a result too!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12