Huge cruise lots of kills and deaths.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Huge cruise lots of kills and deaths. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There was a huge cruise this weekend 30+ cars. 5 Neons from the Chicago land SRT-4 club came down to ...

Huge cruise lots of kills and deaths.

There was a huge cruise this weekend 30+ cars. 5 Neons from the Chicago land SRT-4 club came down to race the Bloomington/Normal areas fastest imports.

They all got owned, there 2 fastest ones got beat badly by a 500AWHP stealth and a 500whp 300z. They both pulled 10 car lengths on there fastest one. Which was stage 3 on race gas with NOS. All of these runs were done from 60+mph.

I'm AP stage 2 with stock catback and IC hoses/short shifter. I raced a SRT-4 from a roll with CAI and catback and pulled 2 cars on him from 60-100mph 3 times in a row.

I raced a stage 1 SRT-4 with a few other bolt on and he pulled maybe a quarter car on me from a roll.

I raced 2 SRT-4 from a dig-80mph, one of them was stage 3 with a open DP that sounded like a shotgun going off. I pulled 2 car lengths on the stage 3 to 80mph but he was catching and 4+ on the other one. I only launched at 3.5k.

Next up was a EVO it had CAI, catback and the guy wasn't sure what else it had but claimed it was stock boost. He bought it 2 days before, First 2 runs we start in 2nd at 50mph 4.5k or so and I pulled almost a full car each time to 80-90mph. Then we went again in 2nd at a lower speed 40mph at around 3.5k and he pulled about the same on me both times. I guess gearing or having it at the right rpm played a big factor here.

Then I raced a AP stage 2 WRX wagon a 05 mine is a 03. We went from 60mph to 110mph and I pulled 2 cars. The black stage 3 Neon ran with us and pulled 3-4 cars on me.

Then I raced a 16g 1g DSM which is fast when it runs right and beat me by 4 cars from 50-120mph.

Overall a fun night and a great cruise loads of fast cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like fun, nice runs
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

It was a blast. Cold night though probably high 40s.

what roads were all these runs taking place on?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Did I read that you are stage 2 and you pulled cars on another stage 2 from 60-100?? does that seem weird to anyone else?? The 100lb difference in the wagon wouldnt account for that would it??
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

im a bit skeptical of these outcomes but i bet theyre true, its just a testament to driver skill and its effects on the results.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Most of these runs were done on a three lane interstate, and a road that has a massive straight behind the Mitsu plant in town.

His was a 05 WRX the ECU is more touchy in the 04-05 maybe that was the difference. If you don't believe me you can ask all the guys on http://www.centralillinoisimports.org everyone who raced that night posts on here.

It was wired though to have 30+ cars all racing and no rear ended anyone else or got busted.

Oh and the Stealth snapped his carbon fiber driveshaft in half launching at 7k with nittios on.

you must be a good driver Congrats!
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

that sounds like fun, i can't get anything that fast on the street just the track where traction owns me. where you located? also stage 3 race gas is about 380-400 and you can do the math for his n20 shot, deff not a 120 or a 100 prolly a 50/80. no where near 500+ lol. that had to suck ass.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

so a stage 2 03 is faster than a stage 2 04-05??? Can anyone verify this? I'm not saying that you are lying, just wonder why. The guy must have been a bad driver, I cant beleive that the differences in the ECU would cause a difference in performance like that.

Also..beating the Srt-4 with CAI and catback seems a little iffy for a AP stage 2 with the stock catback- especially from a roll- isnt stock srt-4=stage2 as far as whp. No doubt it happened- call it a fluke.
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 10-11-2005 at 05:05 PM.
    www.jscspeed.com

I could see it happening depending on driver skill and the company that makes the stage 2. From what i've read, cobb stage 2 would be faster than AP stage 2?

Cobb stage 2 and AP stage 2 are the same thing....
    the off the shelf stage 2 map AP (stands for accessport) by Cobb Tuning
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    so a stage 2 03 is faster than a stage 2 04-05??? Can anyone verify this? I'm not saying that you are lying, just wonder why. The guy must have been a bad driver, I cant beleive that the differences in the ECU would cause a difference in performance like that.

Also..beating the Srt-4 with CAI and catback seems a little iffy for a AP stage 2 with the stock catback- especially from a roll- isnt stock srt-4=stage2 as far as whp. No doubt it happened- call it a fluke.

yeah stock srt4 230whp. cai and catback 240maybe. stage 2 ap? 220?
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Like I said I have IC hoses and short shifter for what difference that makes. The SRT-4 with catback and CAI had a passenger who weighed 150lbs. It wasn't a fluke I beat him 3 times from a roll.

I pulled on him hard in 3rd and then 4th was even he didn't gain back on me.

Maybe I have a strong stage 2 I don't know. Also I was shifting at redline in every race.

I asked the guy in the WRX if he was going and he said he had it floored. He had 17 inch wheels I didn't. But still 2 cars is lot for bassically the same mods.

I also ran my stock wheels, a huge difference from my 17 inch rotas with 225 azenis. It's much faster.

Oh and I'm catless full DP/UP and running 93oct map.

This cruise was in Bloomington/Normal IL.

The wheels will make a bigger difference than most people think. Not to mention driving style and how well he takes care of the car, turbo cars can be affected alot by proper (or lack of) maitanence. Plus the ECU's on the 04-05 are a little different, I would say the biggest factor was the rims though, and could easily make that 2 car difference. 17's mean not only more weight, but more rotational intertia....which means that the cars going to have even more trouble turning the extra weight. I watched a friend in an RSX-S with i/h/e lose to an almost stock (I think he had intake) SER, why, because he had 18's on it....Wheels make a big difference
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.