Silly Ricers... Racing is for FAST cars...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Silly Ricers... Racing is for FAST cars... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cruising home I see a horrid sight... an Acura RSX with chrome wheels... I just thought "how gross" and minded ...

Talking Silly Ricers... Racing is for FAST cars...

Cruising home I see a horrid sight... an Acura RSX with chrome wheels... I just thought "how gross" and minded my own business cuz i dont like to street race and cuz there was some traffic, but as soon as this dumbass see's me, he decides to take off on me... I ignore him and he does it again many cars ahead of me... I ignore him again, then he slow's down to wait for me... and at this point i'm annoyed... and traffic opens up.

I get within a few car lengths and I see him get on the gas again... so I decided to teach him a lesson. Even with a head start and multiple car length lead, I pulled like he was standing still... 2nd gear I pulled past, shift into 3rd left him by a few car lengths and slowed back down, thinking i just proved my point. Dumbass decides to try and race me from a stop now, lol... i laughed at him and drive away...

I just can't understand what these guys think they're doing... i dont even think my car is all that fast... it's just quick as far as I'm concerned. My car is built for rally and track... not for drag racing. Freakin' idiots...
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I get stuff like that all the time. I just ignore them not worth the gas.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

ya, i dont even rev back because i dont want to waste my precious gas.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Someone please explain what's so ricer about chrome wheels?

Chrome looks good on SUV's, 300C's and Caddy's but on a little japnese car I don't know
    FORZA FERRARI

I'll second that, chrome wheels on an RSX (at least most of the ones I've seen) looks pretty gaudy, just a little too bling bling for a sporty car in my oppinion, but to each their own.... I dont know how many times I have kids pull stuff like that, usually I just ignore them. It seems to be trucks and SUV's all the time with me lately, some hillbilly in his straightpiped F150 with dubs thinks hes a street racer....or durango with blackouts, or whatever. I had a guy in a Cavalier Z24 (one of the old school ones) do that recently too, I just ignored him, we were in the middle of downtown too thats real smart...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

So, no Torq Thrust Ds on a WRX?

A little off topic but still relating to ricers. I hate to say it but, I'm starting to see a lot more WRX around on the streets. It's starting to end up like civics now.

And that isn't really my problem, I just hate it when you see them 16 year old ricers where there parents bought them a used WRX and they go to G'e them out. Seriously, it really hurts my when you see a lot of tastless underglows, LED washers, and any other bling accesories. And to top it off with the ebay roof scoops and universal exhaust. Oh, and also with the huge ass APC decal across the windshield.

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys, I just needed to vent a little after seeing such a horrid scene.
    HKW

well, this rsx didnt even have bling chrome wheels... they were more like a pep boys special!

yeah, lately trucks and suv's are trying to race me... usually ghetto bling'd out ones that sound like **** cuz of a cheap exhaust. obviously i dont even bother. one time, it was a lifted pre-runner truck that tried to race me...

i just do not understand what they're thinking... it must be something like this...

hick: "i got 340hp in my truck and you only got 300hp in your STi... I'm faster than you!"

me: first off, I do not have an STi. I have a Impreza WRX. I have a factory rated 227hp. I will still smoke you cuz you weigh over 2 tons. You are not worth my time or my gas.

hick: "stupid rice burner!" *gives me a mean stare and peels out*
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Quote Originally Posted by Rice Boi
    It's starting to end up like civics now.

NOOOOO! <goes and cries in corner>
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    well, this rsx didnt even have bling chrome wheels... they were more like a pep boys special!

yeah, lately trucks and suv's are trying to race me... usually ghetto bling'd out ones that sound like **** cuz of a cheap exhaust. obviously i dont even bother. one time, it was a lifted pre-runner truck that tried to race me...

i just do not understand what they're thinking... it must be something like this...

hick: "i got 340hp in my truck and you only got 300hp in your STi... I'm faster than you!"

me: first off, I do not have an STi. I have a Impreza WRX. I have a factory rated 227hp. I will still smoke you cuz you weigh over 2 tons. You are not worth my time or my gas.

hick: "stupid rice burner!" *gives me a mean stare and peels out*
    I would be careful going up against a "hick's pickemup truck" because if the bed is empty it's nowhere near 2 tons. Usually, the weight quoted is gross weight, which is with a full load. Most trucks are way under two tons if they are not loaded. Plus, their gearing is lower for towing and hauling. Of course the big problem with a truck is not enough weight to launch properly.

Some of you guys should defer to experience before making your wild claims.

Some rsx type-s' can actually be pretty quick. With a couple bolt-on's don't be surprised if they can be equal to a stock wrx.
    2004 WRB Subaru WRX

That still doesn't make it ok to try and race evey car in sight.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Elliott
    I would be careful going up against a "hick's pickemup truck" because if the bed is empty it's nowhere near 2 tons. Usually, the weight quoted is gross weight, which is with a full load. Most trucks are way under two tons if they are not loaded. Plus, their gearing is lower for towing and hauling. Of course the big problem with a truck is not enough weight to launch properly.

Some of you guys should defer to experience before making your wild claims.
    HuH? there maybe some trucks that are fast but still most of them are heavy because they are not made for racing i know the srt 10 will put cars on a lot of cars but how many of them will you see on the road and still that truck is 5100 pounds but has 500hp and from my expirience most have no chance against even a stock WRX so please elighten us on some slim trucks becasue all of the ones I searched on were over 4000 punds easy
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 10-09-2005 at 07:00 PM.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

No truck could keep up with a WRX in the twisties.
    FORZA FERRARI

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast