Silly Ricers... Racing is for FAST cars... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Silly Ricers... Racing is for FAST cars... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I think it looks good the way it is. Doesn't need a drop. But it's your truck and your money....

I think it looks good the way it is. Doesn't need a drop. But it's your truck and your money.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Trucks look nice with a drop on them.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by MaReK
    Mate if ur in a club with truck WTF r u doing here on a Subaru club site....no1 wants u....any stock subaru can beat a *** person who think hes a pimp coz he has crome and BLING BLING on his car....most people with BLING BLING cars proberbly cant even drive good....that sall i gotta say.....coz i met this guy in Australia(i live there) with a 'Chevrolet Byscane' and he just stuffed up the car....he lowered it, metalic green paint, green neons, gold PIMPY wheels, and just too much to explain....and most the time he didnt even know wot he is talkign bout...he didnt know nothing about cars...and u could tell in his face that he could not drive....i just hate those ppl.....this was on a car show 'n' shine and my '06 STi' was on show as well and ive onli lowered it and got white 19" wheels with HKS intercooler, Full white leather interrior and i didnt wanna go too flashy so i just got a 4" exhaust..
    Damn dude. Brush up on your English. I'm not quite sure what any of this means.
    Some trucks can actually be pretty fun. I drove a Ford Lighning for a weekend and that thing was a real kick in the pants. It was still relatively heavy. And wrx's will never be cheasy like civics.

Quote Originally Posted by bad360rt
    Well, if the moderators think I should be banned, then so be it, but I thought my post was respectful. Just letting people know that there are trucks out there who can go fast and turn at the same time I like all kinds of cars & trucks, and I wouldn't mind having an STi for a daily driver, it would make a nice sleeper with a stock impreza hood and trunk (don't care for the scoop and wing, but that's just me). I'm on a lot of boards other than Dodge boards, and I get along quite well with all of them
    Come on man, you saw that kid had about as many post here as he is years old; relax. Many of us own a variety of different makes and models. Subaru has a strong auto enthusiast crowd but, most are not dead set on brand loyalty. I'd like to think of us as very car conscious consumers. I love my Subaru and would recommend one to anyone but, more likely than not my next car will not be a Subaru. I don't think we have a single member here with a "Subaru 4 life" tattoo or anything like that. I always value other car owners input as I am sure the majority of other board members do as well. Youíre truck puts mine to shame in a straight line, I respect that. You just gotta watch out for the dodge srt-4ís they will always be teh fast4r

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien83
    I think it looks good the way it is. Doesn't need a drop. But it's your truck and your money.
    Truck has WAY too much wheel gap- the drop will make it look so much better... just don't slam it
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I don't mind fast trucks. My buddy drove a '78 chevy that would blow the doors offa my wrx right now, and prolly even when Im all tuned up as well. From a dig he'd have a problem, but once he got traction, that'd be all she wrote. One thing I can't stand is the "I drive a fast SUV, so Ima race this lil ricer" attitude. Trucks and SUVs were meant for hauling stuff and Carrying people. Purpose built utility vehicles. Not sports cars. Now albeit there are some fast trucks, I frankly just don't see the point. I'm not going to put a dually axle, and flat-bad on my jap-trap and call it "Big Haulin' ", so I wish the *******s in there big ass ford super-duty-dually-diesel's would get off their high horses and quite trying to run with sports cars.

As far as the twisties go... Your kidding right? WRX=Independent suspension all-around. Average Truck=Solid rear axle, and IFS or solid front axle. I'll put any "properly set-up" truck against any "properly set-up" rex. One dudes time, against some well set-up truck doesn't mean that a long-ass-wheel-base havin' truck is going to have better G's on a skid-pad. I'm sorry, but the physics are there.

As for ricers, let them think they're fast. It'll be funny when that cop car catches up to them in no-time.

Apologies for the rant, my parents live out in the country, and big ass trucks always try and race, prolly more than any other car on the road to be honest. Take no offense to that bit of steam that just came out my ears.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

I have the same problem in metro Detroit. It seems like everyone in a sports car has no idea how to drive it and those that drive SUV/trucks always want to race. I think it funny how they really think some kind of race is occurring because they hear my exhaust even at low rpm's. you just gotta bite you tongue and let them think they are "teh fast4r." people who actually drive fast trucks usually have a reasonable amount of decency around here; itís those with an exhaust, some pep boy bolt on bling and at best are breaking into high 15's I tend to want to teach a lesson to. It simply isn't worth the risk most of the time, but damn it can be aggravating.

trucks are decent but you can put all this crap into them but they are geared to pull **** not race. my v8 sho taurus walks all over ford lightnings. its just the way teh cookie crumbles. as for teh lowering of a truck it looks good on lil trucks like a small ford ranger because they are basicly a car with the back seat and trunk scooped out and a bed put in its place.
    lifes a garden
    dig it

Quote Originally Posted by wRxEr_4_LiFE
    trucks are decent but you can put all this crap into them but they are geared to pull **** not race. my v8 sho taurus walks all over ford lightnings. its just the way teh cookie crumbles. as for teh lowering of a truck it looks good on lil trucks like a small ford ranger because they are basicly a car with the back seat and trunk scooped out and a bed put in its place.
    Your SHO is modified right?
    Motor trend had this to say about the lightning, "The blown V-8 is good for a 5.1-second 0-to-60 run and a quarter-mile shot of 13.6 seconds at 102.0 mph."
    That's probably a bit slower to 60 than my stg 2 wrx w/UTEC but damn close on the 1/4. it will put a hurting on alot of sports cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice18
    Some rsx type-s' can actually be pretty quick. With a couple bolt-on's don't be surprised if they can be equal to a stock wrx.

i'd really love to see a wrx pull on a stock 05 rsx type s off a roll. Its probably a drivers race off a roll and i wouldnt mind having money on a rsx type s 2 win more then it loses, stock wrx's are nothing off a roll. If you havent seen videos of rsx type s's with intake race headers exhaust and hondata pullin on stock evo's s2k's and srt4's off a roll(freeway) yet, i'd love to show you some. They arent bad cars,they are pretty cheap to mod and are make it decent for highway racing with long gears and high revs. They are just driven by ricers and they dont mod it right, and plus its fwd which at the end kills the good parts of that car.

also its hillarious when dumb noobs say **** to members who've been here for over 2 years but just dont post much. this place has changed, definitely not for the better.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy
    HuH? there maybe some trucks that are fast but still most of them are heavy because they are not made for racing i know the srt 10 will put cars on a lot of cars but how many of them will you see on the road and still that truck is 5100 pounds but has 500hp and from my expirience most have no chance against even a stock WRX so please elighten us on some slim trucks becasue all of the ones I searched on were over 4000 punds easy
    a guy at work has a Chevy 3500 dually crew cab 4x4 that probably weighs 8000lbs or so. He runs 0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds and runs 12's. over 500 hp and almost 900 ft lbs .
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

ya ive modded my taurus its teh 3.4 lt v8 its a rare model look it up its actully farily receptive to forced air induction
    lifes a garden
    dig it

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    a guy at work has a Chevy 3500 dually crew cab 4x4 that probably weighs 8000lbs or so. He runs 0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds and runs 12's. over 500 hp and almost 900 ft lbs .

I am not arguing about how fast they can be but how slim they are, or rather not, and then again that 500hp didn't come stock now did it? and I can't argue the fact that with money sky is the limit
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Chrome looks good on SUV's, 300C's and Caddy's but on a little japnese car I don't know
    +1
    and there weight 50 lbs each
    you can't arrest me am'a rock n roll star!!!
    RALLY ACROPOLIS-GREECE

ha true. I wonder how much a chrome 28 weighs??

I guess weight saving is a lost cause on SUV's so you might as well go crazy.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123