Silly Ricers... Racing is for FAST cars... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Silly Ricers... Racing is for FAST cars... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There's nothing worse than a redneck in a hemi hopped up on Nascar. Chris...

There's nothing worse than a redneck in a hemi hopped up on Nascar.

Chris
    05 Protuned CGM STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    No truck could keep up with a WRX in the twisties.
    LOL Tell that to the guys in my club who regularly spank WRX's in autox and hillclimb competitions. Just takes a Hotchkis suspension, the right tires, and a lil bit of power, oh and some driving skills of course. I'm not putting down WRX's, but never say never. And as far as straight line goes...well, we won't go there
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Mate if ur in a club with truck WTF r u doing here on a Subaru club site....no1 wants u....any stock subaru can beat a *** person who think hes a pimp coz he has crome and BLING BLING on his car....most people with BLING BLING cars proberbly cant even drive good....that sall i gotta say.....coz i met this guy in Australia(i live there) with a 'Chevrolet Byscane' and he just stuffed up the car....he lowered it, metalic green paint, green neons, gold PIMPY wheels, and just too much to explain....and most the time he didnt even know wot he is talkign bout...he didnt know nothing about cars...and u could tell in his face that he could not drive....i just hate those ppl.....this was on a car show 'n' shine and my '06 STi' was on show as well and ive onli lowered it and got white 19" wheels with HKS intercooler, Full white leather interrior and i didnt wanna go too flashy so i just got a 4" exhaust..

dude this is one of the best enthusiast boards on the 'net, let's not start telling people to leave because of personal preference.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by bad360rt
    LOL Tell that to the guys in my club who regularly spank WRX's in autox and hillclimb competitions. Just takes a Hotchkis suspension, the right tires, and a lil bit of power, oh and some driving skills of course. I'm not putting down WRX's, but never say never. And as far as straight line goes...well, we won't go there
    yes, but add that much suspension work and power to a WRX with a good driver and you have a faster car... and you dont go through tires and brakes as often. if you thought the subaru's and evo's eat up tires, imagine what a big heavy truck will do... and for the record, i speak from the experience of friends going through brakes and tires all too often who dont even race their trucks. just as how the lotus elise will take many many track days and still be good to drive home on, where the subaru's and evo's after 1 track day can get home, but they would rather not drive it if they didnt have to. i'm just making the point that weight is bad.

now as for gas mileage, lets not go there. personally, if i got a truck it'd be a turbo diesel. i'll make tons of power, smoke supercars, and still get good gas mileage... but i would NEVER LOWER A TRUCK!!! Its just silly and pointless to have a lowered big power RWD truck... even Dodge will say that about the SRT10. But i will give props for being different!
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by MaReK
    Mate if ur in a club with truck WTF r u doing here on a Subaru club site....no1 wants u....any stock subaru can beat a *** person who think hes a pimp coz he has crome and BLING BLING on his car....most people with BLING BLING cars proberbly cant even drive good....that sall i gotta say.....coz i met this guy in Australia(i live there) with a 'Chevrolet Byscane' and he just stuffed up the car....he lowered it, metalic green paint, green neons, gold PIMPY wheels, and just too much to explain....and most the time he didnt even know wot he is talkign bout...he didnt know nothing about cars...and u could tell in his face that he could not drive....i just hate those ppl.....this was on a car show 'n' shine and my '06 STi' was on show as well and ive onli lowered it and got white 19" wheels with HKS intercooler, Full white leather interrior and i didnt wanna go too flashy so i just got a 4" exhaust..
    So, only people who own Subaru's are allowed to post on here? I think that would rule out a good 1/3 of the people on this board.

Can we get a ban for the moron, please?
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Elliott
    I would be careful going up against a "hick's pickemup truck" because if the bed is empty it's nowhere near 2 tons. Usually, the weight quoted is gross weight, which is with a full load. Most trucks are way under two tons if they are not loaded. Plus, their gearing is lower for towing and hauling. Of course the big problem with a truck is not enough weight to launch properly.

Some of you guys should defer to experience before making your wild claims.

Yes, gross weight usually includes a fully loaded bed but the curb weight of any fullsize pickup is still going to be almost half a ton more than a WRX. I have no doubt there are some ridiculously fast trucks out there but I do not think your average blingified F150 is one of them. Now if I saw a Ram SRT10 next to me I'd definitely think twice before accepting any challenge.

To slightly change the subject for a second...

I really don't understand the fascination with straight-line racing in WRXs. If you bought your WRX to drag race you made a poor decision. Even if you were "compromising because we get a lot of snow" you still made a poor decision. In my opinion, arguing about who has quicker straight-line acceleration in a WRX vs. any car is completely pointless. There was a lot more thought put into engineering a WRX than "How fast can we get it to 60mph?".

Just my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan
    I really don't understand the fascination with straight-line racing in WRXs. If you bought your WRX to drag race you made a poor decision. Even if you were "compromising because we get a lot of snow" you still made a poor decision. In my opinion, arguing about who has quicker straight-line acceleration in a WRX vs. any car is completely pointless. There was a lot more thought put into engineering a WRX than "How fast can we get it to 60mph?".

Just my thoughts...
    I think more people are going to have stories about straight line. Unless its on a track, its pretty dangerous to race in the twisties in public. The canyon where I live and all the canyons around here are pretty much 2 lane roads with no places for passing unless you do it illegally and on a blind corner.

Quote Originally Posted by bad360rt
    You would have to have some pretty bad drivers behind the wheels of the wrx for a truck to keep up, let alone beat them through the twisties. Letís be realistic about physical laws and limitations for a moment, even skyline owners know impreza's are better on tight tracks because of the weight, chassis advantage, etc. I would love to hear some real world lap times behind your claims; I am not saying you are lying but, I would just like to scoff at the poor driving of others. Honestly, If any full size truck owner wants to put me in my place, we can go to gingerman (or any Midwest track >3hrs from Detroit) and settle it. Then again, I am not so sure that any tracks let trucks in because the general consensus is they have no business trying to turn fast. I am all for trucks and straight line performance, but, letís be realistic. most of us are aware that turboed h4's are not as good for drag strip performance as a v8, they just happen to be better than most would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Elliott
    Someone please explain what's so ricer about chrome wheels?
    ask Jenny Craig.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by BigClunke
    You would have to have some pretty bad drivers behind the wheels of the wrx for a truck to keep up, let alone beat them through the twisties. Letís be realistic about physical laws and limitations for a moment, even skyline owners know impreza's are better on tight tracks because of the weight, chassis advantage, etc. I would love to hear some real world lap times behind your claims; I am not saying you are lying but, I would just like to scoff at the poor driving of others. Honestly, If any full size truck owner wants to put me in my place, we can go to gingerman (or any Midwest track >3hrs from Detroit) and settle it. Then again, I am not so sure that any tracks let trucks in because the general consensus is they have no business trying to turn fast. I am all for trucks and straight line performance, but, letís be realistic. most of us are aware that turboed h4's are not as good for drag strip performance as a v8, they just happen to be better than most would expect.
    Never said it was the optimal platform, no doubt there. And yeah, stock for stock, a WRX is gonna walk all over any truck. Just saying that trucks have potential, if you set them up right. These are the only standings I could find, one of the guys posted them up, there's only one WRX on there, but it's a lil over 4 seconds behind the Dakota

http://www.okscca.org/Solo%20II/Resu...vent10_pax.htm
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Well, if the moderators think I should be banned, then so be it, but I thought my post was respectful. Just letting people know that there are trucks out there who can go fast and turn at the same time I like all kinds of cars & trucks, and I wouldn't mind having an STi for a daily driver, it would make a nice sleeper with a stock impreza hood and trunk (don't care for the scoop and wing, but that's just me). I'm on a lot of boards other than Dodge boards, and I get along quite well with all of them
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Yea ok....im sorri bad360rt for wot i sed i guess i took it the rong way.....u proberbly meant it a nice way and i took the bad way....SOZ:$

I BOUGHT A NEW BODYKIT FOR MY CAR TODAY.....GETTING IT RESRAYED SOON

Yea ok....im sorri bad360rt for wot i sed i guess i took it the rong way.....u proberbly meant it a nice way and i took the bad way....SOZ:$

I BOUGHT A NEW BODYKIT FOR MY CAR TODAY.....GETTING IT RESRAYED SOON
    It's cool man, no sweat

Hope the bodykit comes out good. I might get my truck repainted this winter, thinking of a two tone black/red scheme.
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

First of all, why is it so bad to drop a truck? I just purchased quite a bit of equipment to drop my 15 second, Chevy Crew-cab long bed dually. I think they look stupid in the factory two wheel stance. The rake is too high and makes the thing look like a stink bug.

And for you, Bad360, your posts were fine to me. Respectful enough, and very fair. I see no reason for banning of any kind. And yes. Trucks can run if you set them up right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast