Info on an R32 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

This is a discussion on Info on an R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ellinopedo182 you do understand the R32 is also AWD? 2-3 cars from a stop to what speed? ...

  1. #31
    Registered User amukaoen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    you do understand the R32 is also AWD? 2-3 cars from a stop to what speed? i think it will be closer than from a stop, especially to about 100mph.
    OH you're right I forgot... id say to 60-80... The R32 has a completly differnt kind of AWD though.. from what I understand its basically FWD until wheelslip occurs ... which I guess a hard launch would cause that condition... anyways I still think the Stage II WRX will have a 2 car or so lead from a complete stop.

    only way to find out is to do it. so till then..
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    OH you're right I forgot... id say to 60-80... The R32 has a completly differnt kind of AWD though.. from what I understand its basically FWD until wheelslip occurs ... which I guess a hard launch would cause that condition... anyways I still think the Stage II WRX will have a 2 car or so lead from a complete stop.

    only way to find out is to do it. so till then..
    i know what u mean. i would say the same thing just because it acts as a fwd till loses traction and the r32 will still probably not get as good of a launch as a wrx. but this r32 is actually RWD biased because of his ECU, so this r32 is getting the best of both worlds when it launches, awd and rwd. So i think the times maybe a bit better than a stock r32.
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  4. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    188
    [QUOTE=but this r32 is actually RWD biased because of his ECU, so this r32 is getting the best of both worlds when it launches, awd and rwd. So i think the times maybe a bit better than a stock r32.[/QUOTE]

    A R32 can never be rear-biased. Torque HAS to go through front differential before being sent to the back via a clutch. So full lock will get you a 50/50 split max.

    What aftermarket Haldex controllers CAN do is lock much sooner than stock and under more conditions. Soon as WOT/car begins to move, clutch will be fully locked in 1/8 of a wheel turn.

  5. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanboy
    A R32 can never be rear-biased. Torque HAS to go through front differential before being sent to the back via a clutch. So full lock will get you a 50/50 split max.

    What aftermarket Haldex controllers CAN do is lock much sooner than stock and under more conditions. Soon as WOT/car begins to move, clutch will be fully locked in 1/8 of a wheel turn.
    i guess ur right. all i know is that more torque is at the rear than the front, until it becomes almost completely awd.

    this is what neuspeed has on their website for the Haldex Performance upgrade.

    -----
    The Haldex Performance Part will greatly improve the performance and handling of your Audi TT Quattro or Volkswagen R32. The kit consists of a new electronically controlled valve body, gaskets, and necessary hardware.

    By re-tuning your vehicle's AWD system, power is more aggressively directed to the rear wheels under a wide variety of driving conditions. This results in more neutral handling characteristics and better off the line acceleration. This system does not intefere with ABS or Traction Control Systems.

    This a simple plug-n-play application, no modifications necessary!
    -----

    there are a few others that have done this on VWVORTEX and on guy with an AUDI TT. here are those links...


    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1767221
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2005550
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1913865
    One person's write up (on a TT)
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1762485
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  6. #35
    Registered User amukaoen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    1,429
    I guess 50/50 is the highest... so TECHNICALLY wouldnt his launch should be even with the WRX since they are both 50/50 and about the same whp ??

    rawr. http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=6

    HPA 2002 TT
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

  7. #36
    Registered User amukaoen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    1,429

    OMG SO OFF-TOPIC SORRY... but...

    LOOK AT THE LAUNCH ON THIS SUCKER!

    http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=9

    60 mph in just 177 FEET!
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

  8. #37
    Registered User Mr Kooyulator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,038
    oy
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

  9. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    LOOK AT THE LAUNCH ON THIS SUCKER!

    http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=9

    60 mph in just 177 FEET!
    you can see the rubber seriously burning off the tires!
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  10. #39
    Registered User Mr Kooyulator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,038
    very appropriate to this thread, i ran with an intake exhaust chipped r32 yesterday. we went from a 30mph roll, he jumped forward until i hit boost in 2nd, then i pulled up and ahead actually until around 60mph when i shifted to 3rd, then he caught some ground but then i hit boost in 3rd and pulled again. overall, i pulled about a car and a half from 30-80mph. it was really a beautiful r32 too, it had a really nice from lip, beautiful 18 inch multi spoke sportec? wheels. i was surprised i pulled on him. he was a nice guy, chatted it up and waved a lot. but yeah so it was really close but i actually outran him from a roll.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

  11. #40
    Registered User amukaoen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    1,429
    what mods do you have? are you stage 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kooyulator
    very appropriate to this thread, i ran with an intake exhaust chipped r32 yesterday. we went from a 30mph roll, he jumped forward until i hit boost in 2nd, then i pulled up and ahead actually until around 60mph when i shifted to 3rd, then he caught some ground but then i hit boost in 3rd and pulled again. overall, i pulled about a car and a half from 30-80mph. it was really a beautiful r32 too, it had a really nice from lip, beautiful 18 inch multi spoke sportec? wheels. i was surprised i pulled on him. he was a nice guy, chatted it up and waved a lot. but yeah so it was really close but i actually outran him from a roll.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

  12. #41
    Registered User Mr Kooyulator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,038
    mrt catless uppipe, invidia catless downpipe, tmw short shifter, cobb accessport stg 2, stock sti catback, etc...


    yeah it was stg 2.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

  13. #42
    Registered User subaru_crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    878
    I am stg2 and I ran to an r32 twice I posted on here a while back, the 1st time i won the 1st of the 2 races we did 0-80mph and second race he won becasue he got a better jump off the line, however that was in a 90+ humid weather plus i had full trunk of computer gear. Just last week I happen to run into him again but I had 2 other people with me, off of the light I waited to see if he goes and he did, and this time I was slowly pulling oh him and more between shifts as I saw that he had to shift 3 times to my 2 till about 80. I was able to equal his half a car jump becasue I waited till he goes. I thought that I would lose since I had 2 other people with me but I think the lower temperature helped me out.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

    Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

  14. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    53
    *update*
    I still have yet to install my isht! so I'm still bone stock

    but me and my buddy(r32, check a few posts back for his mods) got in a good race from about a 40-50 mph roll(just into second)
    he pulled on me like 1/2 car at the jump and then 2-3 shift I evened out with him and then he started to pull on me till 3-4 shift and I evened out with him again. then he started to pull a little bit more on me till the end of 4th and we shut it down. we met up at my friends house and he said that was a good race and hes not looking foward to me putting my isht on my car

    side note...my 2-3 and 3-4 shift were both very very close to 7K !!!!!
    he was on my drivers side and my window was down and his exhaust was so *****in loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt hear the motor! needless to say thats not major but I fekt the car not pushing anymore and looked down and it was pretty much 7K! next race I'll have my window closed

    I'll update again if we have anymore or after I install my isht and race him again.

  15. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by tool1128
    *update*
    I still have yet to install my isht! so I'm still bone stock

    but me and my buddy(r32, check a few posts back for his mods) got in a good race from about a 40-50 mph roll(just into second)
    he pulled on me like 1/2 car at the jump and then 2-3 shift I evened out with him and then he started to pull on me till 3-4 shift and I evened out with him again. then he started to pull a little bit more on me till the end of 4th and we shut it down. we met up at my friends house and he said that was a good race and hes not looking foward to me putting my isht on my car

    side note...my 2-3 and 3-4 shift were both very very close to 7K !!!!!
    he was on my drivers side and my window was down and his exhaust was so *****in loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt hear the motor! needless to say thats not major but I fekt the car not pushing anymore and looked down and it was pretty much 7K! next race I'll have my window closed

    I'll update again if we have anymore or after I install my isht and race him again.
    good race.

    if the guy knew how to drive though, and u being stock and him being modded, you should have seen his taillights, especially from a roll.
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  16. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    have you guys ever seen a car within a year and some actually appreciate in value? I but my R32 for $29,000 over a year and some months ago and now KBB is giving me a price of $30,960... with 35,000 miles on the odometer!
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •