Stage 2 Wrx vs Swapped Paseo 2jze
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Wrx vs Swapped Paseo 2jze within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Right now my car is stock with the exception of samco ic hoses... in a few weeks it'll be at ...

Stage 2 Wrx vs Swapped Paseo 2jze

Right now my car is stock with the exception of samco ic hoses... in a few weeks it'll be at stage 2 with a stock mid pipe and stock axle back with cobb em and a gutted up pipe...

A guy I work with has a 97 Paseo with a celica gts engine in it with what he tells me has about 160hp... he's got a 2jze engine single turbo in his garage but he's waiting for a jdm tranny to match up with it... So he should be around 300hp easy right?

I was just wondering how I'd fair going up against him after the swap and my upgrades?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

will a 3.0L inline six and a front mounted tranny fit in that thing? the engine bay is barely bigger than an Echo's. plus the tranny from the Supra hooked up to the rear wheels.

a modded 2JZ in a FWD paseo?
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I was wondering the same thing
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

300? hahah. With a single turbo he should be at least pushing 500 at the wheels and thats with a small single.. The stock twins will get you to over 400 at the wheels.

But besides that. . . ..how is it going to fit? And your friend has a 2jzgte motor with a single turbo just sitting in his garage?!? Did he buy a wrecked single turbo supra or something?

I think you guys are miss reading (or I am) its a Paseo with a Celica motor not a Supra motor.

Quote Originally Posted by dan240
    I think you guys are miss reading (or I am) its a Paseo with a Celica motor not a Supra motor.
    yeah, and from what i know Celica never came with inline 6, they had AWD and Turbo but no 6 cylinders
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I don't see anything about an inline 6 from the original poster.

I don't see anything about an inline 6 from the original poster.
    then you don't know what a 2jze is.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    Yup. .if i remember correclty
    2jzgte = I6 Supra Turbo
    1jzgte = 2.5L I6 Soarer Single Turbo Motor
    1zz = Celica GT
    2zz = Celica GTS
    1mzfe = 3.0 V6 Camry/ES300 (94 Body Style)

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    Its really not that hard. The guy has a Celica motor in his paseo and hes going to put a turbo from a Supra on it.

Think about it this way, basically right now (since you said he has ~160hp now) he has roughly the equivilant of a B16 swapped CRX (since a Paseo and CRX are pretty close on the scales) speed wise. So hes probably running mid-low 14's at very best right now. You will anihilate him as a stage 2 if you can drive at all.

With a turbo its really hard to say what the results will be until he does it, he could throw it on there and end up being barely faster than he is now, or he could end up laying down low 13's, it all depends on the rest of the setup. I can tell you if he plans on taking a single turbo off a 2jz and putting it on his celica motor (I think thats what you were trying to say ) hes probably going to be pretty dissapointed, unless he likes waiting till 8,000rpm to make boost.... If hes thinking of putting that 2jz in the Paseo I would have to say hes probably dreaming, I seriously dont think theres any way to make that fit (I could be wrong), JDM FWD tranny or not...so who cares what hp it will make. In a car that can hold it a single turbo 2jz could put down anywhere from 300whp to over 1000....so again, it all depends on what turbo, what supporting mods, etc...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

From what i know he has a 2jze engine in his garage and the single turbo from it, i think he got it from a wrecked supra... currently he has a celica gts engine in his car... he found a supra tranny in a junkyard a few days ago and is planning on making it work over the next few months... His cousin works at a garage and they are taking on the task together, they are going to convert it to rwd from what he told me, it's going to be a Sunday driving car basically...

He seems confident it'll work and I didn't know much about Paseo's except theyre slow stock

Quote Originally Posted by ptirmal
    From what i know he has a 2jze engine in his garage and the single turbo from it, i think he got it from a wrecked supra... currently he has a celica gts engine in his car... he found a supra tranny in a junkyard a few days ago and is planning on making it work over the next few months... His cousin works at a garage and they are taking on the task together, they are going to convert it to rwd from what he told me, it's going to be a Sunday driving car basically...

He seems confident it'll work and I didn't know much about Paseo's except theyre slow stock
    hmm, well if they can make it work I guess that would be pretty cool....I've seen a 454 in a cavilier, so I guess anything is possible, but man is that some MAJOR fabrication and modification work to make it fit. He'll basically be building himself a new car, its deffinatly not a make some motor-mounts and squeeze it in kind of thing. If he can make it work more power to him, you deffinatly wont be touching it with a stage 2 if he does though, 2jz's with the stock turbo's can put down 400whp with the right work (basic i/e + ecu will do it in a supra), so with a single turbo and sub 2500lb car it will deffinatly move if it ever hooks up (that's a big IF though)....
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

IIRC, the CT26 (of 1jz and celica altrac fame) is a horribly designed turbo, as far as boost threshold is concerned.
    Drew

Its really not that hard. The guy has a Celica motor in his paseo and hes going to put a turbo from a Supra on it.
    read, comprehend.

The guy has a celica motor in his paseo and he's going to put an ENGINE from a supra in it.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast