Stage 2 Wrx vs Swapped Paseo 2jze - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Wrx vs Swapped Paseo 2jze within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YZFWV read, comprehend. The guy has a celica motor in his paseo and he's going to put ...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    read, comprehend.

The guy has a celica motor in his paseo and he's going to put an ENGINE from a supra in it.
    Yeah sure, makes sense a RWD inline six into a FWD 4 banger. All he has to do figure out how to fit it, then flip it sideways and find a transmission to match it or make a custom bellhousing. Yea that'll fit up front. This is after he already swapped a Celica motor. Not buying it.

My other post still stands as to what this guy is trying to say, or he is mistaken. Show me Supra motor in a unibody Paseo and I'll eat my words.

Think, turn brain on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dan240
    Yeah sure, makes sense a RWD inline six into a FWD 4 banger. All he has to do figure out how to fit it, then flip it sideways and find a transmission to match it or make a custom bellhousing. Yea that'll fit up front. This is after he already swapped a Celica motor. Not buying it.

My other post still stands as to what this guy is trying to say, or he is mistaken. Show me Supra motor in a unibody Paseo and I'll eat my words.

Think, turn brain on.
    Read his response to my post above. Putting the Supra motor into the Paseo is exactly what he wants to do. He's said the friend wants to convert it to RWD. Like you say I think this is biting off a little more than he will likely be able to chew, and probably a pipe-dream. But I've seen crazier (RWD 454 in a 97 Cavilier), so if he has the time and $$ to do it, anything is possible. Whether it ever gets done or not is the question....
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

I completely agree it can be done, I just want to see pics

that's going to be a rocket ship.

pics + 1

No sorry.
    Can it be done? Well we put a man on the moon so yeah I think it can be.

Will it be done? Very doubtful.

Should it be done? NO. It's a complete waste of motor. He should find himself a NA supra of the same year and drop the motor in that.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

in my opinion it's a stupid conversion. didn't the paseo have drum brakes in the back? so he'll have to swap the whole hub assembly.

a wide body kit to fit respectable wheel/tires that aren't going to spin all day.

huge front/rear brake upgrade.

engine management needs to be stand alone and pay someone who knows what they're doing.

RWD conversion will be expensive and take forever.

entirely new suspension.

beef up chassis so it doesn't vibrate every time you floor it...

all the supporting mods go on and on, it's stupid. even if it can be done, it'd be a one trick pony. if i'm gonna spend a gazillion dollars on a car, it better be nicer than a fast paseo.

although i'd like to see someone else spend that kind of money to get it done
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Didn't they do some crap to a Paseo on that stupid Tuner Transformation show?? They ended up puting a ****ty truck engine into it. Look how much work that took. Imagine it was an inline 6. I highly doubt that this is possible in an engine bay of that size!!!
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

I Support ClubWRX
    OK there's no way the Viper motor will fit in that Paseo. WTF noobs.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

being a ex toyota owner i had to say something... i owned both the 7mgte supra and the 2zz celica... it would really be stupid to not have the 2jz motor in a chassis that would fit.. like the lexus sc430/is300/gs300 or the older mk1-3 supras.. IMO that guy with the paseo is bsing on any of his info with a near 2jz swap.. i would think the 2zz is more practical then using a paseos shell and placing it on a older supras chassis, but money and time spent on his project is pointless

toyota info - you cant exclude the possibilty hes mistaken the 2jz code for a 3sgte (turbo mr2 or awd celica motor[awd celicas are rare in US but was in production in JP between 93-98])
    03 toyota celica gts - sold
    89 toyota supra turbo - sold
    87 toyota mr2 (4age) - sold
    02 suburaru wrx - sold

00 toyota corrolla
    wtb 04 sti less then 26 non modded

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.