I Thaught I had a fast car ...until
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I Thaught I had a fast car ...until within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tonight...I ran into a 2002 911 Porsche Turbo. This thing was sickkkkk..! The guy was really cool we pulled over ...

I Thaught I had a fast car ...until

Tonight...I ran into a 2002 911 Porsche Turbo. This thing was sickkkkk..! The guy was really cool we pulled over and talked abit. 26 years old and this kid had a Turbo..it was his not hs dadys you can tell..anyways I had 2 buddies in the car 1 was 180 lbs I am 175 lbs and the other around 210 lbs. Not sure if weight plays a huge factor but we started in 2cnd I kept up for a bit until end of 3rd and getting into 4th he pulled me pretty hard 3 cars I would say?
    I kill 346 M3's all day and I recently raced a Ferrari 355 spider and took him to from a roll..anyone know what you need to take one of these Turbos? lol...
    I am pushing 310 whp 21 psi oh and I have a Sti..
    my eggo is shot!
    Last edited by zigger; 10-05-2005 at 11:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here is a video I found of a Turbo Vs a Gt3

30r or 35r on race gas.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

part of the issue is the STi's gearing... It ain't geared for highway pissing contests... Gears are too short.

You'll need way more power than a 911TT has to get it from a roll.... Thos things have crazy gearing especilly for 3rd, 4th and 5 gears, where an Sti's gearing spacing gets wider (i.e. acceleration suffers) as the gears go by.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Do you think the 2 paasengers made a big diff?

I know the 911 Turbos are awd and dyno 350-360 whp . A 20 G turbo gives abit more to a Sti wouldn't the sti hang with it atleast?

3 Cars ?? From a car that costed almost 4 times more than yours, and your ego is shot ?

Id say you did pretty damn good
    - Local Riceist

I was under the impression that a 911 Turbo could run high 11s at 120mph. Obviously, my impression was dead wrong if a 310whp STI could keep up with one on the highway.

So what are the stats on those badboys?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

3 cars

is not keeping up and I bet if I kept on going it would pull more..
    They dyno 360 whp and wight 100 lbs more than the Sti.. he had about 50 whp on me plus my 2 fat freinds..

I thought the Turbo's weighed around 3500 pounds? if so, you were heavier then him with 3 people and less hp. i'm sure it would be a lot closer with just you in your car.

Quote Originally Posted by zigger
    is not keeping up and I bet if I kept on going it would pull more..
    They dyno 360 whp and wight 100 lbs more than the Sti.. he had about 50 whp on me plus my 2 fat freinds..
    So they don't run high 11s at 120mph? I'm sorry, my 911Turbo knowledge isn't very good. And I don't want to pull out a magazine and start mag racing
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

The GT2 runs high 11's

yeeaah i wouldnt even go near one of those. unless its standing still. and i can stare in the window. and drool on the door.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    So they don't run high 11s at 120mph? I'm sorry, my 911Turbo knowledge isn't very good. And I don't want to pull out a magazine and start mag racing
    My last trip to E-town in NJ last year there was a brand new 911 Turbo there, still had the dealer plates and everything. He ran a 12.4 at over 110 (I cant remember exactly, I think it was like 112-113 or so). I was in the staging lane behind him when he went. They moved cars around so he could run a Viper (not sure what year) that was there, which lost with a 12.6

Those TwinTurbo's are SICK. I have an issue of European car back home that has a 10 car lineup of aftermarket tuned 911 TT's. The fastest was in the low 10's, I think like 10.4 in the 1/4, and still completely streetable with all the luxury it came with. I think it was just a pair of bigger turbo's and supporting mods. All of the other cars in the test were in the 11's, most of them with nothing more than minor ECU and exhaust changes. Those things are just insane.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 10-06-2005 at 01:49 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

drop in a green or a red with supporting mods and you will wax him all day long. lol

A little less than couple years ago, two guys showed up to a Wed. night test n tune @ Moroso in a pair of fresh new 911TT's. They both got thrown out. Do the math.
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.