Ran an Audi TT (225HP) last night...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ran an Audi TT (225HP) last night... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Haven't posted any kills or anything in a LONG time, since i never had anything really that worth mentioning... so ...

Ran an Audi TT (225HP) last night...

Haven't posted any kills or anything in a LONG time, since i never had anything really that worth mentioning... so here goes...

The Setup.....

Heading back on a major highway from campus last night (4 hour drive home), I came across a silver Audi TT that came up behind me, and just sat there glued to my bumper.. After givign it some gas in 5th to pull away slightly, I would notice him speed up again, sitting on my bumper..

At this point, I moved over from the middle lane into the slow lane to let him by. At this point I saw the 2 exhaust tips sticking out...And decided to teach him a bit of a lesson...

For the next 10 mins, I kept about a bus length behind him just pacing him, matching his moves as he overtook and changed lanes and the like. I was sure to keep my distance from him though..

Afer a while, I thought that this guy was a joker, and left the highway, joining another toll-route..

Low and behold, the TT driver cuts across traffic to join into the highway as well behind me, and was again sitting on my bumper.

The Race........

As soon as we merged into traffic, I was waiting in the middle lane again waiting in 4th gear at around 75mph. Sure enough, he went straight for the fast lane, and pulled beside me. I wasn't going to go first, so waitied for him to hit it...

Surely enough, he hit it, and began to pull about 1/2 a car on me, when I quickly hit it myself (yes yes.. crappy reaction time... but no matter ). As soon as I hit it, I stopped his pull, and then as my boost checked in, I went flying right by him. By the time I hit 110mph, I had ~1.5 bus lengths on him...

At this point I slowed down again and checked the mirrors, to find him attempting a flyby. I had slowed down to around 85mph, and was still in 4th gear (really in the meat of it now). As soon as he pulled even, I hit it again, instantly pulling on him again.. I ran 4th to about 5500rpms, then went to 5th, giving it less gas in that gear, but still pulling. At which point, he was a little over a bus length behind.

Funnily enough, I never went WOT for ANY of these runs, just gave it about 80% and that did the work... I would estimate that I was only running about 16-17psi of boost out of my maximum allowed of around 19psi.

After spanking him again, I let him go... He did another flyby, which I would have denied again, but the highway was eerily empty, which made me nervous that cops may be around..

I get the feeling that the guy had a few mods on his car though, which was probably why he was so eager to test me out... Or maybe he thought that I was still stock, and thought that his autobahn gearing would save him?? Either way, back to the drawing board for him

Mods= stage 4+FMIC+PE1820 = ~320whp (but as mentioned, I was running less than max boost since I didn't go WOT, so I used less than 300whp to clubber him into submission).

As a side though.... I noticed that my modded stock bypass valve was leaking... I used to run an VTA blow off valve (which held perfectly), but got rid of it for something quieter and soemthing that would not make my car produce flames every time i shifted at high rpms... Need to get a new one now I guess.....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill. w/ your mods you wouldnt even have to worry about a modded one either. they're nice cars but it really takes a lot to make them competitive. my brothers got one, its real nice to drive. the shifter is like butter and the handling is pretty precise. but they just dont do so well in a straight line

they definitely are nice lookin cars though!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

im gonig to have to pull this out because with you mods he would have definetly walked you

joking of course nice kill

if you had a stock 5speed you can put it in 3rd. It goes up to 95, not that I know or anything.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI
    if you had a stock 5speed you can put it in 3rd. It goes up to 95, not that I know or anything.
    Oh yes, I knew that... I think it is just that i tend to have a lot of mechanical empathy, and it doesn't sound good to be spinning the engine so fast ewhile waiting to see whether the gy would go or not...

Secondly, i had the feeling that 4th would be plenty to take him out. If that didn't work, there was always 3rd gear as a backup
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.