MB AMG SUV? Vs. Stock 05 WRX

This is a discussion on MB AMG SUV? Vs. Stock 05 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was heading to a buddy's house last night, when this guy in a black AMG mercedes SUV, i dont ...

MB AMG SUV? Vs. Stock 05 WRX

I was heading to a buddy's house last night, when this guy in a black AMG mercedes SUV, i dont know what exact model it was (not the g-wagon), but he looked like he wanted to race, so i gave in to the devil and got ready to launch. The light took forever but finally turned green and since ive launched my 03 and new one a few times, i got a pretty good slip and took off. Too my suprise i actually had him for about 10-15 seconds. Then out of hell came these horrid xenon headlights. OMG that thing was rediculous and sounded pretty good too. I had my windows down and at about 80-90 he was past me by about 2 cars and pulling hard. I gave up obviously and met him at the next light. He rolled down his window and was pretty cool, he told me "nice car", "that little things pretty quick". Before the light turned green he also replied "I'll meet you back here tomarrow night with my E55, i chipped it" and i replied "yeah, ill bring my sport bike". I like people who are cool like that.

I think it was this one.
    STI fog covers and splitters
    STI replica front and rear strut bars
    Prodrive Springs
    Helix V3
    Espelir Catback
    Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

While the base model non-AMG's are slow as balls, the AMG's are pretty quick and have some nice topend. Just swapping an ECU in there will do wonders for the torque and topend. There is a vid floating around here of a lightly modded AMG SUV pulling an STi at high speeds.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

hmm, i raced an ml amg a couple of months back on lake shore drive. the guy had his girl with and i had mine. he gets next to me and punches it, i wasnt expecting him to race, but i downshift and get next to him. At about 30-40 mph we both hit it, and i had no problem, i probably had a good 2-3 cars up to 100mph. He comes up to me and compliments my car and asked me some questions about it, well... whatever i could hear riding next to him at 30mph trying to talk. This was before i got chipped and intaked, just the free exhaust modification.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

ya its a ML never underestimate teh power of teh AMG it'll slap you stilly from a standing start. but if your at a roll you have a lil more chance. just my .02
    lifes a garden
    dig it