'02 Stage 2.5 Wagon Vs. '97 Z-28
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '02 Stage 2.5 Wagon Vs. '97 Z-28 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm going to the track next weekend and racing this guys '97 Z-28 convertible with a catback. My Wrx ran ...

'02 Stage 2.5 Wagon Vs. '97 Z-28

I'm going to the track next weekend and racing this guys '97 Z-28 convertible with a catback. My Wrx ran a best of 13.3, but I can't find info out on the Z, any ideas of what he could run?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think you'll win. Let us know.

I think you should have no problem..... The LS1 in the 98 or newer f-body runs a 13.2(everyone I have ever seen) so the LT1 in that car even with exhaust shouldn't be able to touch you. Let us know.

You will win
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

You'll be needing one of these:

N.E. F4
    Mods

let us know how it turns out.

You'll take him for sure...as long as he isn't hiding any other mods...
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

He's got a low 14/high 13 second car. You'll win.
    04 Silver STi M6

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    He's got a low 14/high 13 second car. You'll win.
    Yup.
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

If you can drive, you will win.

Good luck
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

You will walk him.

Those cars weigh like 29023940234234 lbs, so their power to weight isn't that good. (And don't even talk about the curves - they turn like the Queen Mary curtesy of their enormous weight - all wallowy).

No worries as long as you drive reasonably well.

Forgot to add - my buddy had a Firebird, which is basically the same car, it was a 1996 if I am thinking right, and he was mostly getting around 13.9 to 14.1 in the 1/4.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude
    You will walk him.

Those cars weigh like 29023940234234 lbs, so their power to weight isn't that good. (And don't even talk about the curves - they turn like the Queen Mary curtesy of their enormous weight - all wallowy).

Oh please.
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

The z28 weighs about 3500 lbs... not ridiculously heavy, not light by any means. If he is bone stock, he will be running in the high 13's. The thing to watch for is a 383 stroker. The thing about our cars (domestic chevy's) most of our mods can't be seen.
    Last edited by MagikMan; 10-17-2005 at 09:36 PM.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude
    (And don't even talk about the curves - they turn like the Queen Mary curtesy of their enormous weight - all wallowy).

Just so you know, I know tons of camaros that will literally walk any sti or wrx handling for handling, at least on dry pavement. I have respect for your cars and everything, but still I know I walk the hell out of sti's all day long on the road course. My bestfriend has a z28 that hangs turn for turn with me.....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.