Evo RS (Stock) vs. MR2 Supercharged
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo RS (Stock) vs. MR2 Supercharged within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Flowing through traffic, I find a hole and open up not knowing their was a little car not far behind ...

Evo RS (Stock) vs. MR2 Supercharged

Flowing through traffic, I find a hole and open up not knowing their was a little car not far behind that wanted to roll. I see a MR2 way back, so I open up and notice I'm not making the amount of distance I thought I would have

anyway, I slow down for him to catch up, he gets behind me, we're going approx 70mph. He cheats a bit, he pulls from behind me and I thought he would pace with me before we started but he gunned it from behind and kept going.

He pulled about 1/2-1 car on me and it took me a long azz time to pass him. Redline 4th gear we were even, only until I went into 5th I pulled about 1 car lenght on him and he shut down

It was the last supercharge model they made. I had no idea those cars were that quick. I almost cried, then called my friends and they said those cars could run

Whats the 1/4 times on those cars?
    Last edited by HBPUNK; 10-03-2005 at 11:55 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wait what year was the mr2? I thought they came turboed?
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

not sure if theyre turbo or supercharged. I'm pretty sure it was the last model, not the recent one

it had kind of a long body

I hit all my shifts too

the 88-95 MR2's had a turbo model. The 00-05 are NA from the factory.

Sweet race!

Actually,

In the US:

Gen 1's: 86-89 Supercharged
    Gen 2's: 91-95 Turbocharged

I used to have a 2nd Gen. With an K&N Cone, MBC at 15psi, and HKS SSQV (which made me slower), I was able to hit 14.05@97.xx with a 2.05 60'.

Did it look like this:

Or like this:
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

first one

thanks

it was turbo then.

My ex gf has two 91 turbo MR2s, they run mid 14s stock somewhere around a 14.6, but with a boost controller and exhaust they are easily into the mid 13s, you can make those things fly.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    My ex gf has two 91 turbo MR2s, they run mid 14s stock somewhere around a 14.6, but with a boost controller and exhaust they are easily into the mid 13s, you can make those things fly.
    You CAN make them fly but they're getting older, which is an issue. I still love those cars though. They styling and the engine was WAY ahead of its time in the early '90s.

two of my friends had 2nd gen mr2's. my one friend has a 16g boosting 18 psi. these cars are FAST man. nice race.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

ive been looking to buy an AW11 SC for a project car, however, if i can find a turbo SW20, i may pick that up instead. finding an AW11 is hard enough, let alone one that's running. It sucks, but all the awsome 1980's japanese cars are now 20 years old.
    Drew

^ I think my buddy still has hi 87 he is looking to sell, Its in decent condition, just not SC'd.

Nice run with the MR2T They can be extremely fast. When I had my 20G turbo on our 91, I could pull away from most cars on the freeway. Then we went to a GT35R But yeah as mentioned they are getting pretty old, and if its not built properly you have all kinds of problems.

You need some mods on the Evo...I nice turboback and reflash and you'd pull on him a lot harder
    02 Yellow Z06
    03 Yellow EVO

The turbo model (the one you raced) runs stock anywhere from 14.6-14.8 usually. They responds very well to mods and just MBC and exhaust/intake they will run well into the 13's. I actually lost a couple of times to one from a roll that was only running 15psi with MBC and full exhaust.
    I have always wanted one of those cars. I dont know why but I have always wanted an MR2-T or a MKIII supra and to build it up. The best thing is that to get them into 13's doesn't require a build up, just bolt on's.
    Before I bought my GSR I was looking for one but couldn't find a turbo in good condition for the right price. All the ones that were in good condition were like $10k still.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

If you have the means, I would highly recommend picking one up. They are so choice.

Actually I had a 93T for about six years. Awesome car. I bought it with 40,000 miles on it in '99 and put about $10,000 into it over the years. It had new everything, including a new CT-26 turbo (stocker), timing belt, ignition, etc., that Toyota paid for because I bought the extended warranty. I have to say that was the best car I ever owned. Of course I never drove it in rain or snow as the RWD could get a little squirrely at times. Fun though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast