Evo RS (Stock) vs. MR2 Supercharged - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Evo RS (Stock) vs. MR2 Supercharged within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i had a 93 also and back than they werent seen very often people used to always wonder what it ...

i had a 93 also and back than they werent seen very often people used to always wonder what it was that i was driving and was it a new model that came out. peeps always gave me a surprised look when i told them it was an old toyota. very nice cars and i shoulda kept mines. i sold it for really cheap with only 55k miles back in '99 for only 10g.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i drive my 93 n/a in the rain/snow all the time .... it is a li tough to pull out of a slide though haha...definatly a "drivers car"

mr2's are fun cars but hard to control with unforgiving kick backs i experinced with tight turns thats why ive switched to awd
    03 toyota celica gts - sold
    89 toyota supra turbo - sold
    87 toyota mr2 (4age) - sold
    02 suburaru wrx - sold

00 toyota corrolla
    wtb 04 sti less then 26 non modded

Quote Originally Posted by dvang
    i had a 93 also and back than they werent seen very often people used to always wonder what it was that i was driving and was it a new model that came out. peeps always gave me a surprised look when i told them it was an old toyota. very nice cars and i shoulda kept mines. i sold it for really cheap with only 55k miles back in '99 for only 10g.
    Ha I bought mine for $11,5 in 99 with 32,000 miles on it. Enhanced you're right they are very unforgiving but if you know how to drive them you'll be fine. I almost ate a tree on the "Hi 5" run near Kansas City but as the back end started to come out I kept on the gas which kept me from spinning. Then, after I changed my pants, I went and bought new tires. My MR2 always took care of me.

Oh but I NEVER drove mine in the snow or rain. Not because I was afraid, but because I didn't want to scratch her.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

I still miss my old MR2. It was a mkI NA, not a Turbo but awesome all the same. I really enjoyed the purity of a mid engine, light weight rear drive car without gimicks like power steering and ABS

The turbo MR2 is a quick beast. 200/200 at the crank stock, on an engine that is basically 2/3 of the Supras...lots of potential with the 3SGTE. In a perfect world I'd have one of each
    Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan
    Just like the lottery is for people who are bad at math... street racing is for people who are bad at life.

a dude in my club has a 2nd. gen turbo that runs door to door w/ my STi, i've run a best of 12.8 so far. it's got a sweet wide body kit and looks more like a ferrari than a jap car. good run though.

Lol, I had a 91+ Turbo trying to mess with me (in the Z06) the other day on the freeway. I could see if I was in the Evo him messing around, although that would have been ugly too. But it was pretty cool, it was pretty clean looking (lol well what I could see after I slowed down )
    02 Yellow Z06
    03 Yellow EVO

For the MR2 people who know MR2s or frequent the MR2 boards I don't know if you guys know Adam Singer from Kansas City. I remember the video of him racing a 'Vette in his 92 MR2 turbo and on the video everybody was making fun of him. That is until he put a beatdown on the 'Vette. That just proves you should NEVER underestimate any car -- even if you have a Z06. My friend stomped his neighbors C6 into the ground with his Talon. The guy thought there was no way in heck the Talon could keep up, but the Talon runs high 10s-low 11s. A classic case of underestimation. And proof that there IS replacement for displacement.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

Yeah I know Adam (V8Eater) we actually met him in Vegas a few years ago at an MR2 meet. I have even seen video of him beating a Viper. Believe me I dont underestimate them, I know what they can do. My buddy Jeff from extremeboost is making over 800+ to the wheels, and our MR2 with the GT35 was going to be making over 600 after tuning etc.

But I have been around MR2's enough to know when I have them outmatched, and this guy I played with in the Z06 was maybe a mid 13 sec car.
    02 Yellow Z06
    03 Yellow EVO

3sgte

is a strong engine. These cars can handle a tremendous amount of mods and hp with stock internals. Another car with this engine was the 90-93 Celica All-Trac which also had AWD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.