Esprit V8 Vs Cobb stg 1 STi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Esprit V8 Vs Cobb stg 1 STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yesterday mid afternoon im crusing north on I 95, light traffic going about 80, I notice a yellow exotic about ...

Esprit V8 Vs Cobb stg 1 STi

Yesterday mid afternoon im crusing north on I 95, light traffic going about 80, I notice a yellow exotic about 100 yards behind slowly caching up. I tell my friend, check it out theres an Ff355 caching up. As he gets closer i notice it not a Ferrari its a new or late model Lotus Esprit V8. I have a feeling hes going to try something but i just chill and pace him as he pulls along side us. I look over and its this "Don Jhonson" wannabe and his blond girl friend. Any way he starts to speed up so we play a little. hes ahead im a ahead back and forth untill we got a nice mile long streight with both our lanes open. hes slightly behind and I know hes going for it. I down shift to 5th at 90 or so and nail it. Appearantly he did the same because he wasnt getting any smaller in my rear view. I redlined 5th and went and went through some of 6th without him gaining an inch. I shut down at about 130 or so and he flew by. I dont think he expexted this little 4 door Subaru to keep him in check till 130 but then again neither did I
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Humm

Redline in 5th is ~143mph, so I'm assuming you did 143mph+?
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

^^ lol and how do you know its 143mph? been goin a bit fast haven't we.

The Espirit is fairly slow. Its been around for ages. I think lotus is suposed to replace it soon.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Humm

I plead the 5th .
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

from rapidcars.com

First introduced in 1976, the Esprit is one of the longest running sports cars in history. The current Esprit is powered by a 350 HP V8 and reaches a top speed of 175 MPH. A flat torque curve provides effort acceleration in any of the Esprit's 5 gears. Rumor has it Lotus is currently working on the next Esprit which should be ready within 2 years.

mods?
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

They mean longest running, with the exception of the Corvette and Mustang....
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

The corvette and mustang have changed platforms and what not numerous times. The Espirit is the same platform engine etc since it came out in 76' they've only made minor exterior changes over the years.
    FORZA FERRARI

Ah, but thats not what the article says... it says "sportscar".. it doesn't say "platform"... sloppy writing, if that was the authors intent...
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    Ah, but thats not what the article says... it says "sportscar".. it doesn't say "platform"... sloppy writing, if that was the authors intent...
    It's called selective reading and I notice a lot of people on this forum do it....

It -says- "ONE of the longest running sportscars"

See the operative word that you guys are choosing not to read just so you can call it "sloppy writing" when it actuality, it's sloppy reading

Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

nice one.
    FORZA FERRARI

hmm... someone got told....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    It's called selective reading and I notice a lot of people on this forum do it....

See the operative word that you guys are choosing not to read just so you can call it "sloppy writing" when it actuality, it's sloppy reading

Journalists around the world (including me) thank you.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV

You do not appear to be immune to the disease either... I never debunked the Esprit as one of the longest running sports cars... never said it wasn't. I only included the Corvette and the Mustang in the category.

Maybe you should research just a little... I mean, read a few posts back before you say something snide... unless your trying to be controversial?

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    speaks for itself

now just shut up before you look like any more of a moron.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast