06 Sti vs. LS1 Trans Am from a roll - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 06 Sti vs. LS1 Trans Am from a roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x Cam: TSP 231/237 .598/.595 112 Heads: TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L Heads Bolt-ons worth noting: FAST 90mm ...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x
    Cam: TSP 231/237 .598/.595 112
    Heads: TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L Heads
    Bolt-ons worth noting: FAST 90mm LSX Intake manifold, QTP High Velocity Merge Collector Long Tube headers.

I was close to running 11's on a 390rwhp cam only (12.1 @ 118 mph on stock heads- Nitto Drag Radials out back) setup, but I was on stock suspension at the time. On the same stock suspension, with the Stage 1.5 heads, I ran 11.8 @ 118mph with a busted rear end in the high heat of summer (425rwhp setup at the time).
    I never got to run the car with the 460rwhp setup, but it felt like it had mid/low 11's/ low 120something mph in it on drag radials. Slicks and skinnies would have put me in 10's for sure, but I always ran the car in daily driven form, full wieght, stock sized drag radials out back, stock 17's up front. I had full suspension towards the end.
    Very nice. LS1's still amaze me.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just got to drive a 30th Anniversary Firebird convertible (4spd Auto), and this thing was sick. Even with traction control in a coma, the tires mainained some very nice grip, which was surprising for the power these things have. So I can see what owners of these can get low in the 1/4. I had a mid 60's camaro come up on me on an old frontage road with two lanes and very straight lines, and he wanted to play. That was pretty fun listening to two good ole american muscles growling away on an old freeway with no traffic in site.

The owner of the Firebird didn't even blink at all this nonsense. Those cars are sick man, only 1500 or so made and the guy who owns this one had another one prior. Great car with huge mid-range machismo.
    If I'm not back in five minutes....just wait longer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.