06 Sti vs. LS1 Trans Am from a roll - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 Sti vs. LS1 Trans Am from a roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Gloveperson I am not disputing that it could win, except the six car legnth thing. To pull ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    I am not disputing that it could win, except the six car legnth thing. To pull six cars, you would need about 100-200 more HP on a car to pull about 100 feet.

BTW, thanks a lot for the STi information!
    I hear you, when I looked back that's where he was, maybe he had let off already. BTW congrats on the decision to go with an STI you won't be disappointed!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007
    Well I never saw his exhaust, it was really dark out. And if it was a V6 I don't think he would have be able to hang with me at all. His motor didn't sound like a V6. But aren't those cars a lot heavier then ours? especially a convertible. Maybe it was an automatic? I was really surprised I pulled him.

I just did a search and they have 325 hp and 350 torque. With a 4 speed auto they only do the 1/4 in 15.0, kind of pathetic...

http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicl...ergap0142.html
    You are the most misinformed person I've ever seen on the internet car forums.
    An A4 ls1 powered F-bod (even with 2.73 gears) is good for low 13's at about 105mph.
    Drop in a loose stall converter and that same car is good for 12's.

You raced either an older LT1 fbod or an ls1 powered fbod running on 7 cylinders.
    Last edited by SouthFL_9-2x; 10-04-2005 at 08:58 PM.
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

I raced a stock LT1 corvette on the freeway at 80mph when I had my modded 04' WRX and pulled away from it very easily. And the same result with LT1 Z28's... I don't know why it is so hard to beleive that an sti which does a 1/4' in the low 13's can't beat a car the does the quarter in the mid 13's. Maybe it was all a dream... Maybe he didn't know how to drive, who knows.... I know my passengers thought it was funny...
    well lets say you didnt have AWD traction. u would spin off the line and lose some ET, more than likely putting you under the thing u race the does mid 13's. in the 1/4 yes u can beat them, on a roll or say u race to way up in the speedo's never regions he will go by at some time.

i went against a new GT mustang, he couldnt drive but i ran 14.62@93.56 versus his 14.82@95.01 . given a roll he would crush me with a time like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x
    You are the most misinformed person I've ever seen on the internet car forums.
    An A4 ls1 powered F-bod (even with 2.73 gears) is good for low 13's at about 105mph.
    Drop in a loose stall converter and that same car is good for 12's.

You raced either an older LT1 fbod or an ls1 powered fbod running on 7 cylinders.
    Alrighty then...You are the master of the car forums (that's why you have less then 50 posts)....You were there right? Anything can happen in a street race, and it definitely wasn't a V6. Who knows what happened, maybe the dude didn't know how to drive. All I know is that I pulled on him and he gave me props for it.

Sorry I posted this....

Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:

Alrighty then...You are the master of the car forums (that's why you have less then 50 posts)....You were there right? Anything can happen in a street race, and it definitely wasn't a V6. Who knows what happened, maybe the dude didn't know how to drive. All I know is that I pulled on him and he gave me props for it.

Sorry I posted this....

www.ls1tech.com
    SouthFL.02.SS
    11 Second Club & Street Racing Veteran
    www.clubrsx.com
    XSSX
    former tail light show
    Posts count for race knowledge? Well if they do, see my credentials above.

SouthFL9-2X:

You made 460whp on just head and cam and ran 11's on that setup in your LS1?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    SouthFL9-2X:

You made 460whp on just head and cam and ran 11's on that setup in your LS1?
    Cam: TSP 231/237 .598/.595 112
    Heads: TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L Heads
    Bolt-ons worth noting: FAST 90mm LSX Intake manifold, QTP High Velocity Merge Collector Long Tube headers.

I was close to running 11's on a 390rwhp cam only (12.1 @ 118 mph on stock heads- Nitto Drag Radials out back) setup, but I was on stock suspension at the time. On the same stock suspension, with the Stage 1.5 heads, I ran 11.8 @ 118mph with a busted rear end in the high heat of summer (425rwhp setup at the time).
    I never got to run the car with the 460rwhp setup, but it felt like it had mid/low 11's/ low 120something mph in it on drag radials. Slicks and skinnies would have put me in 10's for sure, but I always ran the car in daily driven form, full wieght, stock sized drag radials out back, stock 17's up front. I had full suspension towards the end.
    Last edited by SouthFL_9-2x; 10-10-2005 at 11:13 AM.

One of my best friends has an '00 LS1 trans am, with an CAI, flowmaster and various suspension mods. He claims high 12s can be achieved with his mods and a perfect launch. If it was an LT1 it would have been the 2nd to last body style the more 'knight rider' looking one IMO.

I raced him when I was stage 1 and with a perfect launch I had 2 cars until 45-50mph..then he flew by me like I was standing still. Havent raced him as stage 2 yet.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Cam: TSP 231/237 .598/.595 112
    Heads: TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L Heads
    Bolt-ons worth noting: FAST 90mm LSX Intake manifold, QTP High Velocity Merge Collector Long Tube headers.

I was close to running 11's on a 390rwhp cam only (12.1 @ 118 mph on stock heads- Nitto Drag Radials out back) setup, but I was on stock suspension at the time. On the same stock suspension, with the Stage 1.5 heads, I ran 11.8 @ 118mph with a busted rear end in the high heat of summer (425rwhp setup at the time).
    I never got to run the car with the 460rwhp setup, but it felt like it had mid/low 11's/ low 120something mph in it on drag radials. Slicks and skinnies would have put me in 10's for sure, but I always ran the car in daily driven form, full wieght, stock sized drag radials out back, stock 17's up front. I had full suspension towards the end.
    Ok we know that modded LS1's are fast, but I'm pretty sure this guys car was bone stock (must have been from all of the flames I'm getting...). There has been a lot of debate LS1 vs. Sti, but stock for stock I think it would be very close, leaning towards the STi which has a lower 1/4 time. Especially a convertible. Have you ever raced a stock convertible LS1 (that was a few years old) versus a stock 06 Sti from a roll? Like I said anything can happen in a street race.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Ok we know that modded LS1's are fast, but I'm pretty sure this guys car was bone stock (must have been from all of the flames I'm getting...). There has been a lot of debate LS1 vs. Sti, but stock for stock I think it would be very close, leaning towards the STi which has a lower 1/4 time. Especially a convertible. Have you ever raced a stock convertible LS1 (that was a few years old) versus a stock 06 Sti from a roll? Like I said anything can happen in a street race.
    You keep saying ls1 (along with ls1 in the title of this thread). Please explain why/how you're so sure you raced an ls1. 1998 F-body ls1's are running damn strong still.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    If it was an LT1 it would have been the 2nd to last body style the more 'knight rider' looking one IMO.
    There were LT-1s in the last gen body style also (not knight rider) and more difficult to determine if its LT1 or LS1. I think the headlights give it away.

You keep saying ls1 (along with ls1 in the title of this thread). Please explain why/how you're so sure you raced an ls1. 1998 F-body ls1's are running damn strong still.
    Well, it was last body style, with the budgling hood and rounded everything (looks like a batmobile). did they make LT1's with the same body style? It wasn't the knight rider body style.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Quote Originally Posted by dan240
    There were LT-1s in the last gen body style also (not knight rider) and more difficult to determine if its LT1 or LS1. I think the headlights give it away.
    OK good chance it was an LT1, makes more sense. Can we kill this thread now...my head is spinning...
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Well, it was last body style, with the budgling hood and rounded everything (looks like a batmobile). did they make LT1's with the same body style? It wasn't the knight rider body style.

In my local F-body club, there's lots of V6 guys who run around with body cladding and exhausts from V8 setups.
    Unless you asked the guy, or look under the hood, there's no way of being sure.

Subtle differeneces. There's about .8 to 1 second difference in those little tail lights.

On a T/A:

LS1's had round back-up lights....

LT1's had rectangular back-up lights.....

^
    Links owned me. Sorry 'bout that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.