06 Sti vs. Bullit Mustang

This is a discussion on 06 Sti vs. Bullit Mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yesterday I pulled up to a light and next me was a Bullit Mustang (04?) anyways I saw him looking ...

06 Sti vs. Bullit Mustang

Yesterday I pulled up to a light and next me was a Bullit Mustang (04?) anyways I saw him looking at my car and I new he was up to race. The light turned green and neither of us launched (I didn't hear him chirp or anything) and I was at about 2k rpms when I let off the clutch. I immediately pulled 1/2 car on him and was walking away. By the time I shifted into 5th he was at least 4-5 carlengths behind me. I slowed down for traffic and he went by and gave me a Not sure how much horsepower those have but my car is stock except for a K&N drop in.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007
    Yesterday I pulled up to a light and next me was a Bullit Mustang (04?) anyways I saw him looking at my car and I new he was up to race. The light turned green and neither of us launched (I didn't hear him chirp or anything) and I was at about 2k rpms when I let off the clutch. I immediately pulled 1/2 car on him and was walking away. By the time I shifted into 5th he was at least 4-5 carlengths behind me. I slowed down for traffic and he went by and gave me a Not sure how much horsepower those have but my car is stock except for a K&N drop in.

The Bullit was only made in 02 and is basically a GT with 10 more HP. You definately should beat that car with an STi. Nice Kill.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Nice kill, sound like you both had a blast. The Bullit is basically little more than a trim option on the GT. I beleive its a performance exhaust system (responsiblme for the claimed 10hp over stock), wheels, badging, and a few other cosmetic difference. Very nice looking Mustangs in my oppinion, but deffinatly out of class against an STi.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'