Got a ride in an SRT-4 last night
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got a ride in an SRT-4 last night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So a friend of mine got and 2003 SRT-4 this week so we went for a ride in it last ...

Got a ride in an SRT-4 last night

So a friend of mine got and 2003 SRT-4 this week so we went for a ride in it last night. he got pretty good deal on it he paid 12k and it had 13k miles on it. I was expecting it to be incredibly fast and handle great but it didn't really seem as quick as everyone makes it out to be and handling didn't seem as good as the WRX and I missed the boxer exhaust. The interior seems more sapcious than the WRX but not really as nice excpet for the seats which are fantastic not like the overly wide ones in the WRX. Overall its a nice car but I'd take a WRX over an SRT any day.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

race him if you wanna see how much faster it is. It doesnt feel faster cause it accelerates more smoothly with the bigger motor and less lag. It doesnt have that nothing to everything afffect wrx or old evo's had.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Ya I know it felt faster than the WRX, definitely fast enough to beat me. I was just expecting it to be insanely fast. I don;t know maybe I'm just crazy. It probably would have felt faster if I had driven it myself. Part of it could have been the fact that my friend wasn't to great at driving stick shift.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 10-01-2005 at 04:31 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Ya I know it felt faster than the WRX, definitely fast enough to beat me. I was just expecting it to be insanely fast. I don;t know maybe I'm just crazy. It probably would have felt faster if I had driven it myself. Part of it could have been the fact that my friend wasn't to great at driving stick shift.
    Probably had high expectations because everyone says that it's teh fAst4r !!

Ya I don't think that it was a slow car I think I was just expecting to much due to all the hype.
    FORZA FERRARI

sometimes its hard to keep up with the hype i guess.. I got a ride in one a while ago and didnt think it was that great
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

i test drove one about a month ago. it didn't feel fast to me. maybe,because i am use to driving my forester,and my car has no lag.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

i rode in one and when he took off, all i felt was wheel spin, but it did feel pretty fast up top
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Definitely had better top end. 5th gear had much more pull than the WRX.
    FORZA FERRARI

the srt-4's are pretty quick i had an 04 which was better off the line but i also went 160mph with 2 others in the car with just an intake and wires and new coil there alright but alot of money to make fast i think plus fwd sucks why not have awd where your Break EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE !!!! YEAAAAA
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Part of it could have been the fact that my friend wasn't to great at driving stick shift.
    That was probably a big part of it. Plus his 03' lacks 15hp from the 04 and 05 models.

The low end torque SRT-4's have is great. And I can't talk enought about that. WRX's lack that because of the small displacement. I would really miss that if I went back to a 2.0L again.

My car may change your mind about SRT-4's. Since you live in the same city I do I will take you for a ride.

I will be dropping mine sometime early next year and going back to AWD. But for now I will have fun in it.

Didn't they get more HP after the 2003 model?
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by WRXelent
    yes approx 15 whp
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXelent
    Quote Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    That was probably a big part of it. Plus his 03' lacks 15hp from the 04 and 05 models.

I test drove an srt-4 before buying an 04 wrx, and I do agree that the srt-4 felt faster, and it seemed that the boost came on earlier as well. Although I think the 6000 redline was a little short, it still felt pretty awesome. I was dissapointed with the fit and finish of the car however, and the wrx feels a lot more solid. The dealer wanted 17000 grand for an 04 with 25000 miles. Too much in my opinion
    2004 WRB Subaru WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.