Got a ride in an SRT-4 last night - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got a ride in an SRT-4 last night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How many PSI does a stock SRT run on stock turbo? just curious...

How many PSI does a stock SRT run on stock turbo? just curious
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    How many PSI does a stock SRT run on stock turbo? just curious

RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Yeah, i think SRTs look pretty sick, being a neon and all(no offense), but Ima get my thrills from demolishing mid-life-crisis Mustang GT drivers(once my car is slightly more capable of course ). For the sheer pleasure of seeing the look on some of those dudes faces when they get taken by a subaru, nothing is better. My uncle drives a mustang GT, and i can't wait to race him, and break his heart when my little subie gets-er-done. And I think in the long run, rexxes are capable of "extreme" horsepower, where I haven't really heard of too many srt's running with that crowd, but only time will tell I suppose. man, that video of the 9-second wrx gave me a bonah....
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

Quote Originally Posted by E-Wrex
    Yeah, i think SRTs look pretty sick, being a neon and all(no offense), but Ima get my thrills from demolishing mid-life-crisis Mustang GT drivers(once my car is slightly more capable of course ). For the sheer pleasure of seeing the look on some of those dudes faces when they get taken by a subaru, nothing is better. My uncle drives a mustang GT, and i can't wait to race him, and break his heart when my little subie gets-er-done. And I think in the long run, rexxes are capable of "extreme" horsepower, where I haven't really heard of too many srt's running with that crowd, but only time will tell I suppose. man, that video of the 9-second wrx gave me a bonah....
    yeah are car has only bin out for 3 year with this motor and tranny, suby and most anyone else for that matter had a big jump in some fashion on how to make things go fast. as far as our forum goes our fastest street car is 11.08@130 with a fully built motor, fastest stock motor is 11.3@124 which is also our fastest stock turbo car with n20 as well. go figure. we just can't seem to get in the tens. um.. our highest street car dynoed is from ams's camp and 583 on the stock motor and head. other than the mopar's tube and chassis srt4 car not much is really all that fast. althats left of the 7sec mopar car is the crank. with something close to 1200hp.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    yeah are car has only bin out for 3 year with this motor and tranny, suby and most anyone else for that matter had a big jump in some fashion on how to make things go fast. as far as our forum goes our fastest street car is 11.08@130 with a fully built motor, fastest stock motor is 11.3@124 which is also our fastest stock turbo car with n20 as well. go figure. we just can't seem to get in the tens. um.. our highest street car dynoed is from ams's camp and 583 on the stock motor and head. other than the mopar's tube and chassis srt4 car not much is really all that fast. althats left of the 7sec mopar car is the crank. with something close to 1200hp.
    All these 125+mph neons and they can't break into 10's!

10's were a set of slicks and skinnies away from me in my ol' car. I used to run it in full daily driven form- down to the tire. Used to go to work (kill a neon on the way), work, get in the car, go to the track (kill a neon on the way), take some psi out of the rear 17" drag radials, run 11's, put some air back in, and drive home (bagging me another neon on the way).
    Okay, I exaggerated the number of times I would kill a neon on a given day, but the rest of the story was true.
    Last edited by SouthFL_9-2x; 10-04-2005 at 06:57 PM.
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

fwd sucks for drag racing end of story, but what a monster on the street which is more important to some.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

fwd sucks for drag racing end of story, but what a monster on the street which is more important to some.
    True, fwd does suck for drag racing, and roll racing is gay IMO. Though, due to my former opponent's requests, I used to run from a roll most of the time. It was great to run around in something that could be lethal from both aspects. I never hooked up my nitrous system- was looking forward to breaking 130mph myself. I just think it's sad that a 130mph trapping car can't break into 10's- kinda like the ol' Supra syndrome (but Supras were a totally different animal of course).
    Last edited by SouthFL_9-2x; 10-04-2005 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x
    True, fwd does suck for drag racing, and roll racing is gay IMO. Though, due to my former opponent's requests, I used to run from a roll most of the time. It was great to run around in something that could be lethal from both aspects. I never hooked up my nitrous system- was looking forward to breaking 130mph myself. I just think it's sad that a 130mph trapping car can't break into 10's- kinda like the ol' Supra syndrome (but Supras were a totally different animal of course).

yeah roll racin is gay, so if someone wants to get serious my slicks are in the trunk. most guys back down when i say that but anyway the srt4 does the have the supra syndrone high 12s with 300hp and 450hp on street tires, dr's arn't much of a help either. need a 9inch wide slick to even start with some traction, also a neon chassis is not setup for proper weight balance at all. just not a drag car. its a freakin neon with a beffy motor and lots of bandaids to help is aged chassis stay competative.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

yeah roll racin is gay, so if someone wants to get serious my slicks are in the trunk. most guys back down when i say that but anyway the srt4 does the have the supra syndrone high 12s with 300hp and 450hp on street tires, dr's arn't much of a help either. need a 9inch wide slick to even start with some traction, also a neon chassis is not setup for proper weight balance at all. just not a drag car. its a freakin neon with a beffy motor and lots of bandaids to help is aged chassis stay competative.
    True. It's a decent low buck alternative. Not my cup-o-tea, but there's a need for it (despite being weight transfer challenged).
    I respect anything that's quick.

(Former F-bod guy here).
    One night, a couple years ago, at a local F-bod meet, some kid came in his exhuast only Skittle and started circling the parking lot, revving at us. I got in my old car and gave his Skittle a severe ass whooping during some 50mph rolls. This was my first encounter with a Skittle- it pretty much set the tone for my continuing relationship with the cars and their seemingly always immature owners. Time went on and several Stage II Skittles received severe ass whoopings- always asked for. Encounter after encounter came and went and I no longer waited for Skittles to try me, I simply went on a Skittle killing spree- killing them from dig races, roll races, whatever speed whatever gear- they always got their asses whooped (I even killed one really bad one day, with my car loaded with hurricane supplies- I used every opportunity possible). It was kinda like my mission-Skittle killing. I was also banned from warstories over at srtforums during this time period becuase they would get upset at my kill stories.
    Skittles are a great value if you like to roll race (gay).
    I have come across very few mature SRT-4 owners (not like my behavior was any more mature-but I figured -what the hell- fight fire with fire).. I'm sure they're out there.
    Heh, this post remind me of male lions sometimes going out of their way to attack and kill the ever pesky hyenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice18
    The dealer wanted 17000 grand for an 04 with 25000 miles.
    wow thats a good bita money seventeen thousnd grand. Ha just messin wit ya. Does anybody know what the stock 05 sti psi is. I dono if it changes from year or not.
    Thanks
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

fwd sucks end of story.
    hey man, you said it

I enjoy driving it so far. All of the 300 miles i have put on it. Different breed tho. My WRX is a lag monster w/the VF34 compared to how my SRT-4 gets up and goes. The pull on my rex is harder no doubt.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Quote Originally Posted by BigClunke
    hey man, you said it

its does in a race perspective besides the like 3 fwd dependant race series none of the major race series is fwd at all .not drag or rally or auto x and on. fwd just isn't balanced enough to keep up when money is not an option any more its the chassis design. its the many many other variable of daily driving vehicles that keep the arguements going on drivetrain design, 4wd eats power, fwd can't turn, rwd doesn't like foul weather, mid rear is tail happy and so on. but they all do something very well and somethings not so well.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

(Former F-bod guy here).
    One night, a couple years ago, at a local F-bod meet, some kid came in his exhuast only Skittle and started circling the parking lot, revving at us. I got in my old car and gave his Skittle a severe ass whooping during some 50mph rolls. This was my first encounter with a Skittle- it pretty much set the tone for my continuing relationship with the cars and their seemingly always immature owners. Time went on and several Stage II Skittles received severe ass whoopings- always asked for. Encounter after encounter came and went and I no longer waited for Skittles to try me, I simply went on a Skittle killing spree- killing them from dig races, roll races, whatever speed whatever gear- they always got their asses whooped (I even killed one really bad one day, with my car loaded with hurricane supplies- I used every opportunity possible). It was kinda like my mission-Skittle killing. I was also banned from warstories over at srtforums during this time period becuase they would get upset at my kill stories.
    Skittles are a great value if you like to roll race (gay).
    I have come across very few mature SRT-4 owners (not like my behavior was any more mature-but I figured -what the hell- fight fire with fire).. I'm sure they're out there.

From a 11 sec camaro to a SAAB.....ouch. Hope your still on your "high" horse.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.