Stock 05 STi vs SL500

This is a discussion on Stock 05 STi vs SL500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, im pretty tired. This older gentlemen was weaving in and out of traffic in a fairly new SL500 with ...

Stock 05 STi vs SL500

Ok, im pretty tired. This older gentlemen was weaving in and out of traffic in a fairly new SL500 with dealerplates. I was minding my own business until I saw him glance at my car, smirk, then proceed to floor it and let off continuously trying to get me to go. Seeing how I usually brush races off, I thought differently as im sure this older fella thought he would most definitely destroy me. From a 1st gear roll we went at it, he got a slight jump as he went first. But his smirk completely went upside down(priceless) as my car stayed put along side him until 60. Im sure he would most definitely take me at higher speeds.

Here are the specs on the SL500, I wasn't too familiar with the car.

MSRP $93,675
    Engine5.0L 24-valve V-8 engine
    Net Power302 hp @ 5,600 rpm
    Net Torque339 lb-ft @ 2,700 - 4,250 rpm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My next door neighbor has a new SL. They are very nice and drive extremely smooth and quiet. He let me drive it and it does get up and go pretty good. I took it up to 135 mph in a pretty short distance. His SL 500 is an automatic (auto stick).
    He's been wanting to race my 05 GTO even though I keep telling him he has no chance.

I believe they are underrated at 302 hp. The reason I say that is they are very heavy but still get up and go real nice. They weigh just over 4000 lbs.

An STi would kill one in a drag race. Most SL's run low 14s @ 100 mph or so. But at higher speeds the SL would definately gain the advantage.

when youre driving a car like an sl500, youre relatively important in which case, people will wait. doesnt have to crazy fast to be ridiculously pimp. id hit it.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

yO, you stole my tag! lol i always tag my pm's, e-mails, and some posts with x-tian. my name is christian. is it the same deal with you?
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

The SL500 is a mid 14 second car at around 98-99mph traps. I have raced a couple of cars in the SL500, but nothing crazy. I just like cruising in it. I made my brother drive the SL500 one day and i raced it with my R. Lets just say we did it from a stop, and i had a good 3+ cars on it from a launch to 60mph.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.