Holy Christ the AMG C32 is fast.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Holy Christ the AMG C32 is fast. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy just bought an 2004 AMG C32. Great deal with 8000 miles. Please understand that I drive a "Semi ...

Holy Christ the AMG C32 is fast.

My buddy just bought an 2004 AMG C32. Great deal with 8000 miles.

Please understand that I drive a "Semi slow as $h1t" Mazdaspeed Protege, so peddling down on this thing is a different experience.

Granted it's a "Shift Tronic" auto tranny, but it hauls. I planted it with the expectation that I'd take it up to 100 or 110mph on an empty highway. My bad. It was so smooth that I was doing well past that before I came to my senses and throttled back.

Not my type of car, but damn, do I respect it's power now.

M3's beware...this thing will eat them for lunch...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those AMG's are fast, friend of mine has a E55 AMG and he pulls on me... I am sitll stock though..

Quote Originally Posted by SilvSubieX
    Those AMG's are fast, friend of mine has a E55 AMG and he pulls on me... I am sitll stock though..
    Sweet car. There isn't much that's gonna hang with an E55.

with 350hp and 340 tq and 5.1 to 60 time. it will be right ther with sti's and modded wrx's. now the e55amg is a monster. 470hp, 515 tq. 12.5@115 and 4.3 0-60s times. makes this a $75000 monster.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

My buddy has on 03 C32 AMG, and he modded it from Renntech. Smaller pulley, CAI and other awesomeness. He ran a 12.6 at Capital Raceway. I was like holy crap. My other friend ran his 03 Cobra and got about that too. Freakin' fast cars, as well as very luxurious. Even though auto i think is a little lame, the shifts are so smooth, and launches are very clean.

Awesome car.
    2004 WRB Subaru WRX

Nice, you must feel privleged since he let you drive it I've seen magazine times as fast as 12.6 @ 110 for the new 350hp AMG, so yea its deffinatly fast...

Is he thinking about modding it at all, or did he just buy the AMG cuzz its already fast enough....? I bet the V8 thats in that thing would sound SICK with a nice aftermarket exhaust and intake system (hell I'm sure it sounds pretty mean for a Mercedes already...)
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Nice, you must feel privleged since he let you drive it I've seen magazine times as fast as 12.6 @ 110 for the new 350hp AMG, so yea its deffinatly fast...

Is he thinking about modding it at all, or did he just buy the AMG cuzz its already fast enough....? I bet the V8 thats in that thing would sound SICK with a nice aftermarket exhaust and intake system (hell I'm sure it sounds pretty mean for a Mercedes already...)

Yeah, he's looking at the Kleeman kit that cranks out about 400hp... or just a tad over. I think it's a pully and ECU. He wants to yank the resonator out to open up the exhaust and give it a little sounds. I guess that's a pretty common thing to do.

What's really scary about that car is the way that it doesn't slow down when you start crossing into some really high speeds.

We were on a vacant stretch of highway and I just nailed it. I looked down and almost crapped myself when I saw 145mph on the speedo. Haven't been that fast in YEARS. Felt like we were doing 80mph. Smooth...very smooth.

I was pulling as hard at 145mph, before I let off, as it was at 100mph. It was really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps

Actually, his is the 3.2L supercharged V6...the C55, which replaced it this year, is the same exact car, but with the 5.5L V8. That one sounds BADASS. He test drove it. It's actually not that much faster, though it is slightly, because while it gained 13 hp, it got heavier...

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    with 350hp and 340 tq and 5.1 to 60 time. it will be right ther with sti's and modded wrx's. now the e55amg is a monster. 470hp, 515 tq. 12.5@115 and 4.3 0-60s times. makes this a $75000 monster.

E55's are wild. Way too big for me, though. His car is about as big as I'd wanna go. The place he bought his had a used E55 for $65k. Too bad they're "Floor it and Forget it" cars with the Auto tranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Actually, his is the 3.2L supercharged V6...the C55, which replaced it this year, is the same exact car, but with the 5.5L V8. That one sounds BADASS. He test drove it. It's actually not that much faster, though it is slightly, because while it gained 13 hp, it got heavier...
    Oh my bad, for some reason I was thinking of the SLK32 AMG instead of the C32...I dont know why. I'm really hoping that after I'm done with school I can get into a job where I get to work with AMG's, someplace like a big Mercedes dealer or performance shop maybe.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

I wouldn't plan on beating that car anytime soon, stock or not. Not even upgraded turbo on stageIV will run with that car in any circumstance other than like 0-40
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Oh yeah, the C32 AMG is a badass car. I have not had the pleasure of driving one, but from what I hear they have instant torque, a nice powerband, handle well, and very refined interiors. One thing I really like is how unsuspecting the car looks. Who would think its a mid - low 13sec car stock that could run mid 12's with exhaust and ECU
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

My boy sold his C32 AMG, and now he has an 05 E55 AMG. They are beautiful cars.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

fre
    E55

Now the SL65 is a different story. No for real though the E55s are alright probably about where I am on the 91 piss gas I have to run every day. It's just that seems so slow after cranking the boost to 30 pounds.

Oh and turbowill you run your 636 at the track by any chance. Curious to see how they do with the average rider.
    Last edited by fre; 10-02-2005 at 01:43 AM.
    11.1 @ 131

well that's a bit understated, you seriously didn't expect to hang with aluminum V8 with almost 400HP ??
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.