mini cooper S

This is a discussion on mini cooper S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was coming home on the highway tonight and i see some lights coming up slowly behind me. i didnt ...

mini cooper S

i was coming home on the highway tonight and i see some lights coming up slowly behind me. i didnt think anything of it untill i see a mini cooper s come flying by me. so i wait a few moments and then drop it into 4th and fly by him. he looked preety surprised when i saw his face as i was passing by. after that he proceeded to fly by me again, i didnt persue because i knew there was traffic coming up and i didnt have much room in my lane to race. so i just followed him. after the traffic we had a small stretch of open highway we are doing about 70. im in 4th and dont feel like droping it to 3rd so i floor as dose him. i stay right behind him untill about 90 when i start pulling on him really hard. then we both slowed down at 110 because of traffic. he got off the exit and put his flashers on. good fun on the highway tonight

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the mini s is isn't winning any races without the $6k upgrade package, but i love those cars. driving them is a pleasure. the beauty of the car lies in the design, the handling, braking, gearing and balance.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

SMR
    My girlfriend used to have an 05 Cooper S convertible w/ the JCW package, and it was awesome. Power where you needed it, superlative handling, and great high speed stability for a car of it's size. With work, they can be turned into absolute monsters....
    Sadly, we got rid of the car after 6 months because of a plethora of mechanical and electrical problems. Still, a great car when it was working.
    SMR
    Wow, just wow

Have a look at my friends Mini. Twin Charged.

Twin Charged Mini

yea garret makes a turbo kit to go with it and if you put it with the SHARK Engine managment its 300whp and that keeping stock SC. hell run 11s all day long if he can get off the line

wow all that work and 300whp.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    wow all that work and 300whp.
    and only 2678 lbs.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

when you're putting that much power to the ground who cares abouth weight?