I got VR6'd! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

This is a discussion on I got VR6'd! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YZFWV are you even READING these friggin post?@?!?!?! I mean, c'mon, this is the third time I'll ...

  1. #31
    Registered User creditcards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    san diego, california
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    are you even READING these friggin post?@?!?!?! I mean, c'mon, this is the third time I'll have pointed this out to you proving his situation right.

    and I'll even simplify it for you since it seems you don't like to read much.

    2001 Jetta vr6 = 178 CRANK HP
    Lexus IS300 = 215 CRANK HP

    178 < 215

    see, it's really not that hard to understand. He has the 12v vr6 that only puts out 178 CRANK HP as opposed to the 2002's which had the 12v vr6 that puts out 200 CRANK HP.

    Did this clear it up for you, or are you just going to pretend you didn't see this post so you can be right in your own little world?

    and I'm sure if a million other people would have READ my other post, they would understand that YOU ARE WRONG.
    isn't the jetta lighter?
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    not enough to make up for 37 hp and 40 ft/lbs tq.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

  4. #33
    Registered User Cheers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    368
    I had a 2000 VR6 and from a roll it would do OK with a stock WRX...from a dig though it would get owned...front wheel drive and pig heavy.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

  5. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    414
    lets not forget RWD...
    no nevermind, the jetta is teh fast4r

  6. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by BigClunke
    lets not forget RWD...
    no nevermind, the jetta is teh fast4r
    only if it's 1.8t...they never lose.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

  7. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    elk grove ca
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    not enough to make up for 37 hp and 40 ft/lbs tq.
    the jetta is terribly under rated and is lighter and drives lighter than the is300 which is a pig more of a pig than the jetta, they loaded too much luxury into that thing that it sapped the performance... and im not ignoring nothing, i know what i know and i find that hard to believe, if you have a problem with that then good for you i was merely stating my opinion, but whatever i guess no1 can say n ething anymore because someone else knows more, i dissagreed you and your disagreeing with me, now your gonna burn a hole in your keyboard and your underwear becasue of what i said.. get a life dude
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

  8. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    the jetta is terribly under rated and is lighter and drives lighter than the is300 which is a pig more of a pig than the jetta, they loaded too much luxury into that thing that it sapped the performance... and im not ignoring nothing, i know what i know and i find that hard to believe, if you have a problem with that then good for you i was merely stating my opinion, but whatever i guess no1 can say n ething anymore because someone else knows more, i dissagreed you and your disagreeing with me, now your gonna burn a hole in your keyboard and your underwear becasue of what i said.. get a life dude
    you never once responded to any of my post.

    My point is a 2002 Jetta is rated at 200 crank hp and would be able to take an is 300 with some mods but HIS 2001 jetta only has 178 crank hp and will not take an is 300. I'd even bet you all the money in your bank account....and if it's as much money as you have comprehension skills, then it's probably not a lot.

    edit:
    also keep in mind that there are some engines that are strong out of the factory. I pulled 165hp and 167lbft tq respectively and I was basically stock with only a removed suitcase resonator.

    that's from a 2000 vr6 12v. He clearly says some engines are dynoing high from the factory. With his removed resonator, and a propable high output engine, he is only making 165/167. The IS 300 would run all over that. And you can't argue that the weight allows it to because the lexus is only 3270, compared to the Jetta's 3027lbs
    Last edited by YZFWV; 10-06-2005 at 01:32 PM.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

  9. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    elk grove ca
    Posts
    925
    well again, like i said earlier and i will say again, i was just stating my opinion and you jumped my ass for it, i stated my opinion and i stand by it, you stated yours and all i said was that i found it hard to believe, now why is that so difficult to accept that not every1 is going to agree with you?.... why are you even arguing back about this, and why are you posting on a wrx forum when you dont even own one? and why am i still arguing about this? i own a wrx not any of these other cars.. im not even going to read or reply to this thread anymore because its irrelevant to what i want to know or read about and obviously no1 on this whole forum is going to honor my opinion.. you did prove 1 point tho, how much of a jack ass some ppl can be
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    you never once responded to any of my post.

    My point is a 2002 Jetta is rated at 200 crank hp and would be able to take an is 300 with some mods but HIS 2001 jetta only has 178 crank hp and will not take an is 300. I'd even bet you all the money in your bank account....and if it's as much money as you have comprehension skills, then it's probably not a lot.

    edit:
    also keep in mind that there are some engines that are strong out of the factory. I pulled 165hp and 167lbft tq respectively and I was basically stock with only a removed suitcase resonator.

    that's from a 2000 vr6 12v. He clearly says some engines are dynoing high from the factory. With his removed resonator, and a propable high output engine, he is only making 165/167. The IS 300 would run all over that. And you can't argue that the weight allows it to because the lexus is only 3270, compared to the Jetta's 3027lbs
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

  10. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    217
    thats the POINT...you are posting "opinion" as you just stated, when I am posting facts and it seems I'm the only person on this forum and perhaps the entire world that has owned both these cars at the same time and raced them countless times...with the same result

    I just stuck a fork in you

    good bye

  11. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by HBPUNK
    thats the POINT...you are posting "opinion" as you just stated, when I am posting facts and it seems I'm the only person on this forum and perhaps the entire world that has owned both these cars at the same time and raced them countless times...with the same result

    I just stuck a fork in you

    good bye
    You > Him

    Him = OWNED
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

  12. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    well again, like i said earlier and i will say again, i was just stating my opinion and you jumped my ass for it, i stated my opinion and i stand by it, you stated yours and all i said was that i found it hard to believe, now why is that so difficult to accept that not every1 is going to agree with you?.... why are you even arguing back about this, and why are you posting on a wrx forum when you dont even own one? and why am i still arguing about this? i own a wrx not any of these other cars.. im not even going to read or reply to this thread anymore because its irrelevant to what i want to know or read about and obviously no1 on this whole forum is going to honor my opinion.. you did prove 1 point tho, how much of a jack ass some ppl can be
    I did not state an opinion. I stated a fact. The fact that Jetta's came with 2 models depending on the year. The fact that he had a 2001 also led to the fact that it had a 12v vr6 and not a 24v vr6. And it's a fact that vw and the whole world other that you recognizes the fact that the 12v put out 178 crank hp and the 24v put out 200 crank hp.

    And you're proving another point....that some people are so completely stupid that even when they're looked straight in the eye with the truth, their tiny little insignificant brains can't handle the fact over the fiction, so it shuts down and only believes what it wants, not what the rest of the world has proven to it.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •