Stage 2 vs Type SH prelude

This is a discussion on Stage 2 vs Type SH prelude within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Pulled up to a light on a 4lane road that goes straight into a nice 2 lane onramp to the ...

Stage 2 vs Type SH prelude

Pulled up to a light on a 4lane road that goes straight into a nice 2 lane onramp to the interstate today. There was this Platinum Type SH with a loud exhaust i didnt notice off the bat till he started revving up at me. The guy actually looked in his early 40s surprisingly, real clean looking car. Anyway i rarely ever race or go looking for races, its usually only at this red light at the onramp stuff always happens to me. So i slip the clutch at about 4krpms and instanty am 1.5car give or take ahead of him and just pull on him all the way up to about 110mph till he gives up about 3 buslengths back.

Normally iw ouldnt even call this wrx vs world worthy, but imo early morning b4 i had my coffee on my way to work and i get to burn some rice? I cant help it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bully!

jk, nice race. those Type SH's are nice cars, too bad the SH just gave them better springs.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Welp. I guess you just put him in his place huh?

Yea, the only sporting way to race that particular car would be from a roll or at freeway speed. A stage 2 will be lucky to keep up on the highway with modded ludes....less weight, better aero, less drive train loss, better gearing....but from a stop light up to 65, they're all yours!
    Last edited by mark5211; 09-29-2005 at 05:07 PM.
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a 2000 base Prelude. Unless they have boost a stock WRX would trounce one. Damn good suspensions on them - great road feel. If anything the SH might be a tad slower - it is a bit heavier.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

i kinda wish i still had my SH (show car) but now im still waiting on that supra
    10" Nike
    Mods- Gel Pad, Shoe Cleaner
    Scooby Dooby Doo

now from a stop, of course the rex would take it... ive actually raced a friend of mine from a roll and a stop... obviously he won from the stop, but i took him from the roll.. he had a few mods, dp and cat bak i think.... i have a 99 base lude with cams intake header and cat back... and a de tuned vtec controller..

stageII vs stock lude.

talk about picking on someone smaller than you
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by mark5211
    Yea, the only sporting way to race that particular car would be from a roll or at freeway speed. A stage 2 will be lucky to keep up on the highway with modded ludes....less weight, better aero, less drive train loss, better gearing....but from a stop light up to 65, they're all yours!
    A modded prelude would need close to 60whp over stock to pull on a Stage 2 WRX. It deffinatly takes at least boost or NOS to be in that area. Stock for stock its not a bad race from a roll, but once you start modding, boosted motors just take way too well to bolt ons compared to something like the prelude
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'