Daddy's BMW M Coupe didn't have enough.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Daddy's BMW M Coupe didn't have enough. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Few weeks ago me and some friends were out looking for some fun runs and happened to come across a ...

Daddy's BMW M Coupe didn't have enough.

Few weeks ago me and some friends were out looking for some fun runs and happened to come across a few. The first was an early 90's BMW M3 Sedan. He was a few car lenghts in front of me on the interstate and I downshifted to catch up to him and try and get a run. Well I guess he punched it right when I did because from 70 all the way to 130 I couldn't catch up and he couldn't pull away. Impressive for an oldschool Bimmer.

Next me, a stock auto WRX, a turbo sunfire, a stage 2 SRT, a stage 3 SRT and an 03 Grand Am GT with a 100 shot are driving together heading off somewhere. I'm in the front and I keep seeing headlights bobbing around behind me working up through the traffic. It finally catches up to me and it's some 18 year old looking kid in a late 90's BMW M coupe. After running the M3 on the interstate I wanted a shot at this one. The Grand Am ran him first from a roll and it looked like it was pretty close with the BMW pulling very little (and I can pull the Grand Am). Next I got to see the stage 3 srt absolutely murder the BMW from a 40 mph roll. As they raced I floored it behind them and it seemed like I was inching up on the Bimmer. I catch up to them and we hit a stoplight and wouldn't you know it me and BMW are lined up. We both rev, and I get a great launch. Get a couple car lenghts in 1st gear and all the way up to 100mph he's still a few car lenghts behind me. Didn't get a chance to talk to him, after he got beat by a wagon I saw him turning around behind me. I checked the stats on them and the late 90's M Coupes have 240 hp and somewhere around 2002 they had 315hp. So I either raced the 240hp one, he couldn't drive, or both.

Other races were the sunfire vs the stage 2 srt which was dead even, stock wrx auto vs integra gsr (200,000 miles, intake, exhaust) and the integra pulled away pretty good. I raced the Integra from a 20 mph roll and beat him by about 2 car lenghts at 80 mph. That integra runs 9.2 @ 77 mph in the 1/8th mile.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wagon kills are the best. There was E36 M3 at the drag strip last week, and he ran a 14.3 @ 97mph.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

The old E36's weren't all that impressive from a stop but I thought from say a 60mph roll they were decent (compared to a WRX).

I was following an assclown in a yellow E36 M3 who was impatient and decided to pass some slow cars in front of us in the right side emergency lane. He had some get up and go and it was a stocker. I wish I had been in my car that day because it soon opened up and I would have loved to have had some fun with him.

my brothers bone stock 02 M coupe with a little pressure dropped in the rear tires went 13.1 / 13.2 bone stock...theyve been known to hit 12's with barely anythign done

nice race
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

can you hang w/ the stage 2 srt4? What is the difference b/t the stage 2 and stage 3 srt4?
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

I love the M coupe the 315 hp version is pretty quick
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI
    can you hang w/ the stage 2 srt4? What is the difference b/t the stage 2 and stage 3 srt4?
    I've never raced the stage 2 srt but the sunfire hands me my ass and it and the srt run pretty much dead even. Both stage 2 and 3 get a different computer and injectors but while the stage 2 uses the stock turbo the stage 3 gets a bigger one. The stage 3 one is a lot faster than the stage 2. The sunfire pulls me by about 5-6 car lenghts from 40-100 and the stage 3 srt pulled the sunfire by probably 10 car lenghts from 40-100 (srt was on race gas though). I still don't think my car is running as good as it should, only trapping about 78 mph in the 1/8th mile and the boost seems like it comes on really slow and falls off a lot in the upper rpms.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI
    Stage 2 SRT-4's consist of a different wastegate actuator, injectors, pcm, 3.0 bar map sensor, and 3.0 bar tip sensor. They don't dyno very well, but they run pretty good at the track. (high 12's) Also, depending if they have turbo toys or not, they can be even faster since they can take advantage of advanced timing thanks to race gas. Turbo toys adds an intercooler sprayer, high octane mode (more power if you use race gas), and dial-a-boost which is very similar to a boost controller.

Stage 3 SRT-4's consist of a different pcm, slightly larger turbo (TD05HR-15GK2-10cm2 Turbo Unit and Manifold), high flow fuel pump, Pressure Regulated Fuel Rail Assembly with 4.0 Bar Returnless Regulator and Hose Kit, 682 cc/min Fuel Injectors, 3.0 map sensor, 3.0 tip sensor, and turbo toys depending if they chose that option which is the same thing I posted for Stage 2. These cars can run low 12's on race gas and slicks, and some have seen high 11's with some more bolt ons. They generally produce about 300whp on pump gas and about 350whp on race gas.

(Yes, I did some research on SRT-4's before thinking on getting an STi).

the new body style vanos has 330 hp.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Nice kills.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

theres nothing like the throttle response on m bimmers.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.