New 06 Imprezas (kinda long post)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 06 Imprezas (kinda long post) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so first off I had to get my struts changed on my mirage so I walk down to the ...

New 06 Imprezas (kinda long post)

Ok so first off I had to get my struts changed on my mirage so I walk down to the nearby mall and after I leave the mall I decide to walk over to the subaru dealership. As soon as I walk up to a 06 sti a saleman comes up to me and starts asking me if I needed and help and I said "no, just checking out the new body style". So he asks me if I have any questions which I did so I asked "do you know if the power numbers are underrated?" which he replied with "do you mean are they advertised conservitavely?" and I said "I guess that's the term" he then says "well he doesn't think they are underrated but he knows that the sti has taller gears now and the regular wrx is faster because of the bigger engine and more power".

After a bit I said "yeah I heard that the new regular wrx's have better gear ratios to help with acceleration" which he replied with "no the transmission is the same" so after he said that I was like hrmmmmmmmm. I also noticed that the 06 sti and the 06 wrx's all had the same size hood scoop so I asked if they all came with the same big scoop and said "yeah, all the 06's come with the same size hood scoop" and I really don't know if that is true or not so I can't call bs on him and there were only a few 06's on the lot so I couldn't walk through and see for myself. He then starts telling me that if I want to go fast and save money I should buy the wrx and mod it rather than buy the sti to which I replied with "nah I am not going to do anything to the car until 5-6 years after I own it because I don't want to void the warranty". After he gave me his "advice" about which to buy I remembered that the wrx now has 3 styles which are the regular wrx, the "limited" version which is luxury interior, and the tr (tuner ready) version which is the bare bones wrx's that is a few grand cheaper than the regular wrx. So when the new models popped into my head I asked him about them and he looked at me like he was really confused then said "hmmmm no we only have the wrx's right there and I've never heard of the tr wrx or the limited" then he says "the regular wrx's are bare bones and then you can get the premium package which might be what you were thinking of" so I say "yeah that was probably it" then I left

At first I thought he knew a good deal about the cars but when he said he never even heard of the limited and tr versions I realized I was wrong. Oh yeah and when I started to talk about the car I think he realized I probably knew more than he did because he was trying to leave and that's the first time I have ever met a salesman that actually wanted to leave and not try to talk me into buying a car haha.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is really the wrong forum for this question. Take this to the community forums.

salespeople don't have to know anything about the car, they just have to know how to sell them.

yeah the first thing youre supposed to do is ask dumb (to us pros from the boards) questions to which you know the answers and gauge the knowledge of the salesman. theyre really umm just hiring anyone to sell cars these days huh.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

You should've said ... "Did Subaru ever get that problem fixed ... the one when the wastegate washer closes on the uppipe turbine and causes the actuator fluid to drain out the intake manifold outlet?"
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

Yea, thats what i said. Im not going to mod my car until the warranty is up. Haha, that went out the window.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

well he got the part about the hood scoop right. the wrx and sti have the same hood scoop. subaru increased the aerodynamics of the front end of both cars. i believe the front end sticks out more than previous models, and has a more aggressive rake; thus eliminating the one inch difference between the older wrx and STi scoop. i could be off on my terminology, so check out the latest Scoobysport magazine for the actual tech info...
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

yeah, this one time when i was shoping around for my REX i went to this dealer and while taking look at one REX i acted dumb and asked salesman pointing at the IC "what's that" and he replied "i think it's a air filter"
    then i said "it must be pretty hard to replace it", and the guy is like "don't worry, well take care of it for you, you just need to bring it in for replacement"
    some dealers are dumb
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

^^^

Once i was looking at a stock yellow bugeye WRX. The salesguy came out to talk to me, and I acted dumb, so i was like, "what kind of power does this thing put out?" He was like "umm, probably 300+ hp". Then I laughed at him and kicked him for that stupid unhilarious joke.
    Thank God he knew what the AWD sticker stood for.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.