to any one who knows about hondas. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

This is a discussion on to any one who knows about hondas. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, thnx... well between my momīs B16 ī96 Civic and my EJ18 Impreza, there is NO point of comparison, that ...

  1. #16
    Registered User MMC_555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    MSP
    Posts
    464
    Ok, thnx...
    well between my momīs B16 ī96 Civic and my EJ18 Impreza, there is NO point of comparison, that engine (actually the whole car blows)...
    sorry for the minor hijack-

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    61
    dpending which model of b20 the head came off, it could be the head with oversized valves, it also has better flow than the standard heads, P78 off a B20Z rings a bell for the model of head, but i could be wrong.

    alot of b18a/b's and b20's shared the same head.

    regardless of head, with a good P&P really opens those heads up, and a bump in CR always helps. but the stock cams if upgraded would make a world of difference.

    if this is going in a civic it could be fairly quick from a roll.

  4. #18
    Registered User aznburn210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Austin,TX
    Posts
    521
    dude your friends is stuipd im sorry ..if he really wanted to beat you with a frankenstien motor i would have gotten a b20 block with a b18 head for vtec... with b18 internals.. built right he could have 200 whp ... we built one for a hatch with just cams and cam gears... sligth tunning... but that was in a hatch too 93

  5. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by aznburn210
    dude your friends is stuipd im sorry ..if he really wanted to beat you with a frankenstien motor i would have gotten a b20 block with a b18 head for vtec... with b18 internals.. built right he could have 200 whp ... we built one for a hatch with just cams and cam gears... sligth tunning... but that was in a hatch too 93
    ^^^^ that sounds more like what i expected you to say that your friend said. A Tuned b18 hatch is nothing to laugh at. After all 90% of wrx owners came from the honda/acura background, why does everyone hate them? I know a civic hatch with a custom swap tuned h22 and he is damn fast. Throw a turbo in even a b16 and watch all of us get walked on from a roll.

    Anyhow, from your situation no, your friend is what people like to call a "ricer" and you will murder him in even a stock rex. But dont underestimate the non-ricer actual honda enthusiats with true mods. Btw im pretty excited (for the car, not the soon to be buyer catagory) for the new civic si coming out. Of course no torque but now has 200 hp and a 6 speed tranny.

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    ct
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Flamage
    ^^^^ that sounds more like what i expected you to say that your friend said. A Tuned b18 hatch is nothing to laugh at. After all 90% of wrx owners came from the honda/acura background, why does everyone hate them? I know a civic hatch with a custom swap tuned h22 and he is damn fast. Throw a turbo in even a b16 and watch all of us get walked on from a roll.

    Anyhow, from your situation no, your friend is what people like to call a "ricer" and you will murder him in even a stock rex. But dont underestimate the non-ricer actual honda enthusiats with true mods. Btw im pretty excited (for the car, not the soon to be buyer catagory) for the new civic si coming out. Of course no torque but now has 200 hp and a 6 speed tranny.
    my friend isnt a "ricer" he has a really nice looking civic that just happens to be slow.

    he claims the motor was dynoed at 200whp in the last car it was in. i dont know.

  7. #21
    Registered User aznburn210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Austin,TX
    Posts
    521
    i just dont undertsand why he used a b20 head with is not vtect .. he is loosing so muhch hp with out using a vtec head...

  8. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    ct
    Posts
    607
    he didnt build the motor, someone else did. he just bought it preety much brand new from the person for a decent price.

  9. #23
    Registered User aznburn210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Austin,TX
    Posts
    521
    funny thing is the brand new jdm b20 goes for 400 bucks.. it just sounds odd to get a b18 block with a b20 and b16 intneals when the b16 internals are smallers because of the bored size used.. for the b18.. a b18 is a bored out b16 and ab20 is a bored out b18 .. just sounds odd

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    milwaukee wisconsin
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by rbwrx
    my friend isnt a "ricer" he has a really nice looking civic that just happens to be slow.

    he claims the motor was dynoed at 200whp in the last car it was in. i dont know.

    the entry price for a 200WHP na honda 4 cyl is pretty high short of a few grand hes not gonna get it

  11. #25
    Registered User aznburn210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Austin,TX
    Posts
    521
    thought i would put this out there... http://www.jdmcivic.com/forums/archi...hp/t-4932.html

    i honestly think you friend is gett scanned or he just dont know he is buying

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16

    ..

    Maybe you got the wrong information from your friend. He's probably doing an lsvtec swap or b20vtec swap. It would be stupid to throw on a b20 head. I think someone has mixed info, or your friend is just ........

  13. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    61
    a b20 with a non vtec head and crower 62404 cams can dyno in the 180's, pretty impressive i think.

    integras with just those cams 1/4 mile low 15's. ones with milled heads can go high 14's.

    so in a civic hatch that could be a very fast car.

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    milwaukee wisconsin
    Posts
    52
    to bad this is a 96 civic EX coupe with the same drivetrain as an integra goin in.. which equals just about the same weight... in other words sell the civic and buy an integra if your gonna go thru all that trouble..

    and to make a note were not talkin bout a 2000lb hatch here okies.. and you dont need "VTAK baby" cause there seems to be a shiz load of cars that smackem around without it.

  15. #29
    Registered User IHRTWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by dvang
    the entry price for a 200WHP na honda 4 cyl is pretty high short of a few grand hes not gonna get it
    WTF are you talking about. There arent any honda motors sold with even 200 CHP besides the the K series which are around 5k and h22's for under 2200. Plus he bought the motor built from a friend. And once again I was JOKING about the VTEC. I already know there are plenty of cars faster without variable valve timing. BUT... its just a plain fact that VTEC honda parts are just more superior to the non.

  16. #30
    Registered User IHRTWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    944
    Oh yeah. You should probably stop talking if you dont know wtf you are talking about. My friends integra would eat you alive and he just has a built teg motor with some bolt ons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •