Spanked a 350z and rx8 !!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Spanked a 350z and rx8 !!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Magik man, (I am not starting crap here) the drivers of the pullied Cobras must be new to it, like ...

Magik man, (I am not starting crap here) the drivers of the pullied Cobras must be new to it, like me. A pullied Cobra should running in the mid to high 11s. Stock Cobras run high 12s (where you are running). Your 12.8 1/4 mile just doesn't seem like it should "run with MOST pullied Cobras." I put down 466 rwhp 473 rwtq with just a pulley, tune , catback and intake.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Magik man, (I am not starting crap here) the drivers of the pullied Cobras must be new to it, like me. A pullied Cobra should running in the mid to high 11s. Stock Cobras run high 12s (where you are running). Your 12.8 1/4 mile just doesn't seem like it should "run with MOST pullied Cobras." I put down 466 rwhp 473 rwtq with just a pulley, tune , catback and intake.

Most of my track time is speant running the 1/8th, however, I've heard tons and tons of stories. But you got to compare apples to apples, and it's same track same day. I have managed to beat or come with in .1 seconds of every pullied cobra I've raced, and that's inclusive of about 5 different ones. I'll stand behind what I said, because I'm only talking about what I've raced, and what I've seen. It's not starting crap though.... it's ok to disagree

Also a 460rwhp cobra(3600lbs), is abour dead even with a 410rwhp vette(3200lbs). Going by hp numbers doesn't make sense... go by apples to apples at the track.

Last edited by MagikMan; 10-20-2005 at 10:12 AM.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Like i said, they must be new to it. Because that time is a full second slower than where they should be. But that is what they are running. I don't disagree that a vette with less WHP will run with a higher WHP Cobra, due to weight and traction, but you don't have 410 rwhp unless those mods are not your only mods in your sig. I was just pointing out my observation that those pullied Cobras should be running much better than they are.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Like i said, they must be new to it. Because that time is a full second slower than where they should be. But that is what they are running. I don't disagree that a vette with less WHP will run with a higher WHP Cobra, due to weight and traction, but you don't have 410 rwhp unless those mods are not your only mods in your sig. I was just pointing out my observation that those pullied Cobras should be running much better than they are.
    Most pullied cobras aren't putting down 460.... atleast to my knowlege. I wasn't saying I murdered them, but I hang dead even with them.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

Here is a vid of a 360rwhp takin' on a 450hp mustang... watch this....

http://66.98.215.243/vb_forums/showthread.php?t=8352

I am only getting sound no picture of that video. But if you look at the second post the pianoman admits to having more than the posted 350 rwhp since he beat a 354 rwhp vette by 3.5 lengths (which is a fair amount). Most pullied Cobras are putting down over 440 rwhp. I have a 2.8 pulley (not the smallest one but they run between 3.0 to 2.7about). Most pullied Cobras have at least the same mods as I do. Catback, intake, pulley & tune(if they are running untuned that is retarded). I have not seen any that I recall pullied Cobras under 440 rwhp. Ahh but who cares. This thread is retarded, at leats thekid who started it was. We should probably let it die and go kill some subies.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123