Cobb 2.5 Vs Camaro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb 2.5 Vs Camaro within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was on my way home from work around 11pm here in Vegas, I take the 215W home like ...

Cobb 2.5 Vs Camaro

So I was on my way home from work around 11pm here in Vegas, I take the 215W home like I do everyday. I look in my rear view and see a car just flying. Im doin around 75-80mph, and the car gets in the other lane and passes me, he must have been going around 120+. It was a Camaro, I thought nothing of it and just stayed the same speed.

My exit was coming up in about a mile or so and I see him slowing down. I get on the far right lane and start to exit. I can hear him revving , when I get off he ducks behind me and follows me off the freeway. As soon as I turn off into the street, I could see a redlight ahead, and this guy is still revving swerving back and forth behind me. I move over to the right to line them up, but he never pulls all the way up to me.

I check my rear view and side view and dont see him, light turns green and all I hear is his tires screetching. So he gets a jump on me and I leave at his back bumper. Top of first I get to his rear quarter panel. Pop it into second I get to his door, and in third I started to pull pretty hard. I looked at him when I pass him and the look on his face was great lol, he had a hat on gangster sidewayz . Top of third I had about a car on him, I slow down to give him a thumbs up and he's yelling...lets go again..lets go again..you didnt pull on me that hard... I waved him off and went my own way.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRex
    So I was on my way home from work around 11pm here in Vegas, I take the 215W home like I do everyday. I look in my rear view and see a car just flying. Im doin around 75-80mph, and the car gets in the other lane and passes me, he must have been going around 120+. It was a Camaro, I thought nothing of it and just stayed the same speed.

My exit was coming up in about a mile or so and I see him slowing down. I get on the far right lane and start to exit. I can hear him revving , when I get off he ducks behind me and follows me off the freeway. As soon as I turn off into the street, I could see a redlight ahead, and this guy is still revving swerving back and forth behind me. I move over to the right to line them up, but he never pulls all the way up to me.

I check my rear view and side view and dont see him, light turns green and all I hear is his tires screetching. So he gets a jump on me and I leave at his back bumper. Top of first I get to his rear quarter panel. Pop it into second I get to his door, and in third I started to pull pretty hard. I looked at him when I pass him and the look on his face was great lol, he had a hat on gangster sidewayz . Top of third I had about a car on him, I slow down to give him a thumbs up and he's yelling...lets go again..lets go again..you didnt pull on me that hard... I waved him off and went my own way.
    On behalf of all Camaro drivers, I apolgize for that asshat's behavior. Good kill.
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x
    On behalf of all Camaro drivers, I apolgize for that asshat's behavior. Good kill.
    lol that was pretty sad. Like he said, nice kill. I'm assuming this was a *near* stock z28 (as in maybe a loud muffler)?
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    lol that was pretty sad. Like he said, nice kill. I'm assuming this was a *near* stock z28 (as in maybe a loud muffler)?
    I'm assuming no LS1 engine, but assumptions get you nowhere. Kill is a kill. Stage 2.5 can trap decently.

I'm assuming no LS1 engine, but assumptions get you nowhere. Kill is a kill. Stage 2.5 can trap decently.
    ah, forgot about the LT1...but anyways, I would love to get my hands on an upgraded turbo!
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

good run

Nice kill.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

good run

I am thinking it was probably an LS1. Cobb 2.5 should be running very low 13's and no stock LT1 will be running those times, whereas that is right around where an LS1 would be (mid 13's). Did it have the recessed headlights and pointed nose, or rounded headlights with more of a bulging nose?

i.e.

LT1:

LS1:
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    good run

I am thinking it was probably an LS1. Cobb 2.5 should be running very low 13's and no stock LT1 will be running those times, whereas that is right around where an LS1 would be (mid 13's). Did it have the recessed headlights and pointed nose, or rounded headlights with more of a bulging nose?

i.e.....

Not to detract from the win, but an ls1 (stock even) won't get pulled hard like that in third gear- that's when it would make up ground if anything.

Yeah, I agree with LS1 having a very strong 3rd gear. With my LS1 SS, that 3rd gear pulled back lot of cars.

Not to detract from the win, but an ls1 (stock even) won't get pulled hard like that in third gear- that's when it would make up ground if anything.
    But you are talking about the WRX's 3rd gear, not the LS1's 3rd gear (since the thread starter wasnt driving the camaro). What speeds do those camaro's redline 1-2-3 at? I dont know for sure but I would guess the Camaro was just getting going in 3rd when the race ended (since top of 3rd in a WRX is about 95, just guessing I'd say the Camaro probably goes to at least 110-115 in 3rd like my beemer did).

Nice run though. Those cars are deffinatly a good race for a 2.5 WRX, and can easily go either way depending on driver skill in a race that starts off like that, good job.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    But you are talking about the WRX's 3rd gear, not the LS1's 3rd gear (since the thread starter wasnt driving the camaro). What speeds do those camaro's redline 1-2-3 at? I dont know for sure but I would guess the Camaro was just getting going in 3rd when the race ended (since top of 3rd in a WRX is about 95, just guessing I'd say the Camaro probably goes to at least 110-115 in 3rd like my beemer did).

Nice run though. Those cars are deffinatly a good race for a 2.5 WRX, and can easily go either way depending on driver skill in a race that starts off like that, good job.
    I forget what my stock 3.42's would put me at- but with the 4.11's I ran with for most of my SS ownership, a 50mph race would give me a smidgen of 2nd a 70mph race would give me a bit of 3rd- just enough to get a good jump (hp/tq peaks were way up there on my heads/cam setup)- I used to love roll races in 3rd gear (heck I used to love races in any gear, from a dig- wherever- I built it to have no weakpoints).
    This is all moot anyhow, but a stock, M6 LS1 F-bod will usually trap a little under 110mph (about 106-108mph). A4's with 2.73's will hover in the 103-105mph range.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    good run

i.e.

LT1:

LS1:

I could hear some kind of exhaust from the car. It was pretty dark, but im pretty sure it wasnt the second one. Either way, the guy was driving like a tool, and got put in his place. Thats all I'm worried about.
    Last edited by VegasRex; 09-23-2005 at 03:09 PM.

ls1camaros and ws6 t/a's run 13.4 stock if you are an awsome driver. and i have beat many by more than 4 cars through 4th gear. i have aslo taken corvettes by more than 4 cars. these races i am talking about are 2nd gear rolls. i love v-8 cars,but i love light 4cyl turbo cars with some decent hp to the wheels even more ,because people in v-8's have a hard time understanding ow they can be beat by one.

Not necessarily. LS1 3rd gear is quite strong, but he didn't say the LS1 was in third, he said he was in third. And considering how short the 1st and 2nd gears are in the wrx, if it was an LS1 then it is still feasible because an automatic LS1 would have longer 1st and 2nd gears so when the wrx was running out third the LS1 was probably JUST finishing up second and a little into third upon shutting down the race. 3rd gear in a VF series wrx is pretty strong too. So I could def. see a 2.5 doing that IF the LS1 had not yet actually entered well into 3rd by the end of the race and it was automatic.
    Though from what he said below, it sounds like it was not an LS1 anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRex
    I could hear some kind of exhaust from the car. It was pretty dark, but im pretty sure it wasnt the second one. Either way, the guy was driving like a tool, and got put in his place. Thats all I'm worried about.
    If it wasn't the second one then it was probabaly an LT1 with light mods. While they are slow stock, they still respond pretty well to mods and with gear and full exhaust they could def. be running with a stage2.5
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast