Cobb 2.5 Vs Camaro - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Cobb 2.5 Vs Camaro within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im thinkin the camaro wasnt that fast. He launched and got ahead of me..and I didnt even launch. I went ...

Im thinkin the camaro wasnt that fast. He launched and got ahead of me..and I didnt even launch. I went from a slow roll and just stepped on it. Easily catching and passing him. I guess if I would have launched it might have been even worse. Maybe it was just some guy who thinks his car is fast and drives like a dumbass all the time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRex
    Im thinkin the camaro wasnt that fast. He launched and got ahead of me..and I didnt even launch. I went from a slow roll and just stepped on it. Easily catching and passing him. I guess if I would have launched it might have been even worse. Maybe it was just some guy who thinks his car is fast and drives like a dumbass all the time.
    Lol, yea that sounds about right for an LT1. Even with mild bolt ons you should school one pretty bad. I've raced a few at the track with the usual minor bolt on mix (intake exhast...few other things here and there), with some of the better results in the high 13's low 14's. Especially with 10 years or more on alot of them who knows....
    If it seemed really slow was it maybe even an earlier model, I run into alot of young kids with IROC style camaros (the late 80's boxy looking ones) that drive around like their the fastest thing in the world, when most of those years are lucky to pull low 15's without decent mods (especially with the time factor). I had a friend with an 87 GTA 350 (Beutiful shape too, 60k miles, it was a really nice car) with full exhaust, intake of some sort and I think a reflashed ECU (its been a while) and he was almost dead even from a stop or roll with my bone stock RSX-S when I had it.

I ran into a guy like the one you describe in an LT1 Camaro one day too(he was in front of me in traffic though, deffinatly looked and sounded bone stock too), and no joke I could actually see a mullet on this guy. I had been behind him for a while on a single lane street, but we ended up both taking the same right hand turn onto a short 2 lane bridge, at the end of the bridge was a light and it went to 1 lane. I actually stopped for the light before the turn instead of just flying through a right on red like he did. Before I had really even turned the corner he had already sped off leaving a big blue cloud behind him, and was already on the other side of a red light at the end of the bridge....He was revving and peeling out looking in the rearview before the turn(real smart too right in the middle of the afternoon in downtown for alot of it), I'll never know if he thinks he smoked me or was just running scared
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 09-25-2005 at 12:21 AM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

yeah lt1's really arent that quick, i raced one from a stop a while back when my rex was stock, we both launched and my launch was particularly nice. i flew by the guy and by 80 he just stopped getting smaller but not catching up at all. it was surprising for me but i didnt know squat about camaros, still really dont. regardless, nice kill.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kooyulator
    yeah lt1's really arent that quick, i raced one from a stop a while back when my rex was stock, we both launched and my launch was particularly nice. i flew by the guy and by 80 he just stopped getting smaller but not catching up at all. it was surprising for me but i didnt know squat about camaros, still really dont. regardless, nice kill.
    Word, my buddy had a 94 z28, that thing was slow. Even with his bolt ons. LT1's sound good tho. I dont like the new gen camaro's their ugly, but you can find em for cheap.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12