Finally something new around here...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Finally something new around here... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way home this evening I saw a nice silver STi, looked stock as far as I could tell, ...

Finally something new around here...

On my way home this evening I saw a nice silver STi, looked stock as far as I could tell, but I dont see to many of them that I dont recognize around. This one had outa state plates though. We got ahead of traffic and onto a pretty open streach of road where the limit goes from 45 ->55 for about a mile with not a car that I could see ahead. I started seeing him comming up on me me pretty fast all of a sudden. He was probably at about 75-80 (I was goin about 60 and he was comming to pass me pretty quick)he got about to my back bumper and I reved a few times before I put it in 3rd as the road straightened out. I pulled about 3/4 to a full car in 3rd and probably a bit more than that in 4th before I let off and hit the breaks. I see him commin up really fast again and I hit it in 4th, now a little off boost from breaking. He pulled a quick car and a 1/2 to 2 cars or so, but he stopped pulling once I got higher in the 4th and had been in boost for a bit. We were comming up on a turn ahead so I let off, he sped on a bit farther. The guy never looked over, hopefully he didnt think I was just being a punk, its just that I havent had any nice cars willing to play in MONTHS and the last 2 times I was organized (and had the $$ for gas) to go to the track (its like 70 miles from here) we got rained out
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can I borrow that turbo for a, er, test drive?

How is that 2.5 working out? Did you go from 2 to 2.5? I've been considering it for a while.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    Can I borrow that turbo for a, er, test drive?

How is that 2.5 working out? Did you go from 2 to 2.5? I've been considering it for a while.
    lol, yea i spent a while as at Stage 2 before I went to 2.5. I absolutely love it though, it feels like a real car now. I just cant wait to get a pro-tune (probably early spring), and see what this VF34 is really good for, from what I've seen on here I'm hoping a good tune with the my TMIC will get me down into the mid 12's .

I was using the stock upipie when I was at stage 2, so the only extra mods (beyond the AP and TBE) were a short-shifter and bov. When I did the VF34 install I installed a catless uppipe at the same time, and well, now I have a bigger TMIC too (although it doesnt feel like it does a whole lot, I think it really needs to be tunned to make much of a difference).

I would deffinatly recomend going to the 2.5 if you can, its a very noticable difference. The main thing I noticed when I installed it is that the top-end was completely transformed. It still fhas the same low end grunt that the car gets with the stage 2 up to about 3500rpm's, but after that its like a night and day difference. It feels SOOO much stronger up high, and it holds boost all the way to redline so it never really feels like it runs out of breath like the stock turbo did around 5500rpm. Its alot more fun on the highways too, 3rd and 4th gear actually PULL some now, and its a blast passing cars on single lane highways.\

Also (since its kindof important info these days) my gas milage is about the same as it was at stage 2, maybe even a little better if I can keep myself out of boost most of the time. Even when I dont try for good milage I still get an average of about 20mpg. On long highway runs I've even gotten upwards of 27mph.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Good kill.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.