GSR against my wrx& Sti vs lightning - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on GSR against my wrx& Sti vs lightning within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rpfride ^+1. One off my trucks is the same as a lightning drivtran, and im at 455whp. ...

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    ^+1. One off my trucks is the same as a lightning drivtran, and im at 455whp. Probably alittle more modded thou...still a good race for a stage 2 sti vs slightly moded lightning.
    fyi, On a stock (i think) STI, starting out from behind at a light, my truck with no traction issues (hot day) fell behind by 1/2 car (he punched it first obviously-hes in front..), by 80mph i was 2 cars in front. Almost identical outcome against a SS camaro with afew minor mods (although im sure he has more now)-3 cars and started out behind at a light.
    My wrx seems about even with my hdF150 , and would kill my '04e.b.expedition (my other truck) .
    It was at exactly 350 to the wheels I was there at the dyno but it did throw down some ridiculus numbers for torque well over 400 but i dont remember exactly what and it was a Non stage 2 STi just up/dp.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

believe it or not most of the 4-door tegs made are GSR's, my friend has had 4 integra's, and knows everything about them. We were actually talking about this the other day. it's like 75% of 4 doors made were GSR's.
    05 wrx, with modds. Now with new and improved turbo and more boost.
    277hp253tq @16psi. tuned at slowboyracing.com on dynopacs
    "let the owning comence"

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    They slow him down, that is what they do. They are too big and too heavy, too much mass to be pushing, it's physics. He can do whatever he wants, but if he is racing the thing 23" rims are not the best option.

physics is for geeks. ur just jelous that his ride will shhhhhhmobbbb you.

Hes not going around racing all the time the truck will turn everyones head that sees it and every onece and a while someone will come along and he has to slap them around, which the truck with the rims on is perfectly capable of doing, unless its Cavadini

Quote Originally Posted by Eli 06
    I dont think his truck has much of a chance against me. Actually I know it. I was just saying that if he is racing the thing, those wheels are going to slow him down more than anything. I like to go, not show.

And what in the hell is shhhhhhmobbbb?
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

yup, that's why most car guys are geeks. 'cause they understand physics. they know that rotational inertia has a greater effect on performance, because a wheel doesn't slide, it rotates. it's harder to rotate something down the road, then to push it.

so the inertia of a hollow cylinder is .5*M*R^2. since your smart friend who never went to physics class has a HUGE value for " M ", and a HUGE value for "R", which, by the way, is squared, he's got a lot of rotational inertia going on.

cliff notes: your friend's gonna cook those wheel bearings in no time racing his car against STi's.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Why the hell did this turn into a physiscs lesson? Who really cares, is it your truck? I understand that it cant go as fast with them on, but it looks cool and I dont really understand why this is turning into a big arguement.

Are they still making lightings, and if so are they making them faster then they used too? I raced this guy yesterday and his lighting looked brand new and was faster than a 13.8 in the quarter mile. I have an 03 wrx vishnu stage 2 with a vf22 and he slowly walked me. I was at his back bumper at about 75mph. We did started from a 5mph roll with i think was more benefit to him than me but i thought i should have kept up better. By the way his supercharger was loud and sounded sick as it was winding up. It looked stock but I dotn know for sure, he was kinda errogant and never looked over after the race and didnt seem interested in talking to me. He just kept his pimp lean to the side in his seat and kept driving.

Quote Originally Posted by wssboard18
    Are they still making lightings, and if so are they making them faster then they used too? I raced this guy yesterday and his lighting looked brand new and was faster than a 13.8 in the quarter mile. I have an 03 wrx vishnu stage 2 with a vf22 and he slowly walked me. I was at his back bumper at about 75mph. We did started from a 5mph roll with i think was more benefit to him than me but i thought i should have kept up better. By the way his supercharger was loud and sounded sick as it was winding up. It looked stock but I dotn know for sure, he was kinda errogant and never looked over after the race and didnt seem interested in talking to me. He just kept his pimp lean to the side in his seat and kept driving.
    The Newest Lightnings were made from 99-04, they were factory S/C'd with 380hp/380tq or around that amount. They are heavy as hell, but they can be made pretty fast. I have a friend with a 10 second one. Racing them from a roll is tough for the L, they are built like bricks and have very poor aerodynamics, whick kills them the faster they go.

The next fast truck from Ford will be the Adrenaline, there will be no more Lightnings from I know, which is unfortunate because they are nasty trucks. The Adrenaline will be based off of the new Sport Trac which menas it will have an extended cab, I hope they don't weigh even more that the last gen ones because that will be a hindurance.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Physics Racing BABY

Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life
    Why the hell did this turn into a physiscs lesson? Who really cares, is it your truck? I understand that it cant go as fast with them on, but it looks cool and I dont really understand why this is turning into a big arguement.
    my whole point was that it's not a physics lesson if you already know that information, which most enthusiasts do, which is why they don't chrome out their rims.

Physics Racing BABY
    EXACTLY. who designed your sports car?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    EXACTLY. who designed your sports car?
    Subaru? Is this a trick question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12