Every street racer vs. poorly driven subaru's
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Every street racer vs. poorly driven subaru's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm tired of hearing people talking **** about how they beat up on wrx's and sti's and that subarus trannies ...

Every street racer vs. poorly driven subaru's

I'm tired of hearing people talking **** about how they beat up on wrx's and sti's and that subarus trannies are glass. subaru needs to start giving instructions on how to launch them properly or something.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think that would void the warrenty.

But here's the links to FAQs
    Launch Techniques: READ ME FIRST
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 09-19-2005 at 05:53 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    I'm tired of hearing people talking **** about how they beat up on wrx's and sti's and that subarus trannies are glass. subaru needs to start giving instructions on how to launch them properly or something.
    Unfortunately the '02 transmissions were glass. People heard that, and now they will forever be known as such, despite having been upgraded every year since. The sti tranny is anything but glass, but oh well.
    As far as people beating up on wrx's, I don't hear alot of that... of course, when people are a few buslengths behind me it's hard to hear anything they're saying
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

hes right, the 02 were glass...... im tired of hearing how slow STi's are from a roll..... thats such BS
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXskeet
    hes right, the 02 were glass...... im tired of hearing how slow STi's are from a roll..... thats such BS
    Stock, they are. TBE and em, and all of a sudden they're not that slow from a roll (still not fast tho)
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

friend of mine didn manage to blow out first in his sti though....
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase
    I think that would void the warrenty.

But here's the links to FAQs
    Launch Techniques: READ ME FIRST

its not me, or anyone on this forum because obviously everyone has read the faqs and stickies.

Alot of people with "modded" cars in my small metropolitean hell i live in for college, aka grand forks nd, have been refering to beating wrx's and sti's as there level of being fast.

its gotten so bad that on all the local forums, I changed all the information on my car to an Impreza L with a wrx/sti front end conversion w/ rebadging and an electronic bov. then maybe they will race a subaru that they think they can beat...

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    exactly why they need to give instructions.

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Stock, they are. TBE and em, and all of a sudden they're not that slow from a roll (still not fast tho)

stock they are slow from a roll compared to what ET they can hit, but vs's other cars they still hold their own.... they just have this ****ty VF39 that is peaky as hell........ i hate it!!!
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

Who was this? I've only seen one account and heard of two others of people actually blowing out gears. Two were reverse gears in JDM 6MT's and the other was big vally. I'd love to know the circumstances behind this.

stock they are slow from a roll compared to what ET they can hit, but vs's other cars they still hold their own.... they just have this ****ty VF39 that is peaky as hell........ i hate it!!!
    my 02 tranny aint glass, that thing has held up to the beating i place on it everyday! and i just did the 60k mainenance and found no shavings in the magnetic drain plug..the ppl who are breaking trannys are the ppl who dont know how to launch, the ppl who launch too much and ppl who are pushing alot more power than stock, or all of the above, in no particular order
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

im sure your trany has held up fine, in most cases they do, if you slip the clutch insead of banging the gears........BUT, it only take one time, bang it into second to fast and you will be eating your words........
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Who was this?
    +1 I'm curious myself

im sure your trany has held up fine, in most cases they do, if you slip the clutch insead of banging the gears........BUT, it only take one time, bang it into second to fast and you will be eating your words........
    just to verify, i dont use the slip method when i launch, and im ALWAYS banging gears, and it just eclipsed 60k miles worth of my driving, so im pretty sure it will withstand more.. and your right about 2nd.. ive had my fair share of 2nd gear grinds, but if it were to be an issue, im sure it would have been an issue a looong time ago
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

I Support ClubWRX

Please have him post on this forum so we can learn how he managed to do this. Or maybe....is this just a case of another "my <fill in the blank> did <fill in the blank> with his <fill in the blank>. I say this just because I am aware of only 1 STi tranny going boom to date.

Ok...I know it's tempting, but lets try not to fill in those blanks above with obnoxious humor.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast