Every street racer vs. poorly driven subaru's - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Every street racer vs. poorly driven subaru's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by sonicrx where ya live ? i will come and beat ya for free. from a stop or ...

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    where ya live ? i will come and beat ya for free. from a stop or a roll i should also note my tranny is fine ,and i am trapping some decent #'s .,and i am at almost 40,000 miles
    I'm from MD, if your in that area I'd be up for a run. know one in my area has a modded wrx worth a damn. There is one guy with plans of a turbo upgrade for his sti, that should be nice..

I'll also add that I don't think the tranny's are that bad, they just don't hold up to alot or 1/4 mile runs. I blame my tranny failure ( mine was a 02)on my act clutch and my driving. I blew out 2nd gear at the track. I was running a SR40 @ 25 psi on pump gas with w/i, utec, and all the crap you need to go with it. Once the tranny went I replaced it with a RA tranny, then sold it for a srt-4 cause it's the fastest car eVar. lol

Sometime I miss traction, but at the same time when I light the tires up from a roll that's cool too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn it wrong button

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    hey i'll even meet u half way to make it easier, pick on someone on ur own size at least try aftermarkter turbo/ vs the aftermarket turbo. i'll even spot you 3 cars from a stop or a roll. (ah internet ethuggin at its best)

Who say's I have a stock turbo?

I checked out his car domain page, it's a nicely setup wrx. I'd like to run it. From a stop it would destroy me as I can't hook at all. My next upgrades will be to work on traction. (after I fix my clutch witch is starting to go with 8k miles on the car. It just won't hold 25 psi of boost. lol)

From a roll however, look out

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    I'm from MD, if your in that area I'd be up for a run. know one in my area has a modded wrx worth a damn. There is one guy with plans of a turbo upgrade for his sti, that should be nice..

I'll also add that I don't think the tranny's are that bad, they just don't hold up to alot or 1/4 mile runs. I blame my tranny failure ( mine was a 02)on my act clutch and my driving. I blew out 2nd gear at the track. I was running a SR40 @ 25 psi on pump gas with w/i, utec, and all the crap you need to go with it. Once the tranny went I replaced it with a RA tranny, then sold it for a srt-4 cause it's the fastest car eVar. lol

Sometime I miss traction, but at the same time when I light the tires up from a roll that's cool too.
    i respect any car setup right. in my area i have alot of honda guys ,and srt4 guys . like i said there are a couple that are cool . then the rest are retards.i am setting a buddies sti up with a 20g setup in about 2 weeks he should be ripping also on the srt note they are fast for what ya pay ,and they are just as easy to make fast. so go balls out ,and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    i respect any car setup right. in my area i have alot of honda guys ,and srt4 guys . like i said there are a couple that are cool . then the rest are retards.i am setting a buddies sti up with a 20g setup in about 2 weeks he should be ripping also on the srt note they are fast for what ya pay ,and they are just as easy to make fast. so go balls out ,and have fun
    I know what you mean, around here there are at least 6-8 srt's most are pretty cool, but there are 2 that are complete idiots. And one drives the same color car as me

I wish there were more subaru guy's around here that were modded. I'm looking forward to running the local sti when he get's his SR55 in. Although if he want's to go from a stop I'll need to get some slick's just to keep him in sight. I've got some idea's for better traction, it'll be a challange, but, I like that.

I am still curious about the tranny problem from that STi? Like most of you said, STi trannies are strong. I know alot of STi owners and the only problem I heard was Synchro problems at 38,000 miles which was covered under the extended warranty.

see post #15

Off a line what are you guys launching at?

well i got my ass beat by a fu**ing mazda speed.... I'm so pissed i keep on losing in my slow ass *****y car. I just wanna drop a turbo kit, 2.65 crawford block, and DOHC turbo heads and just not embarass myself anymore.

I didn't launch on the Mazda though and I pulled on him in 1st so if i had launched i woulda won by alot. I usually just smack the limiter and drop the clutch... i've done all sorts of methods of launching. Peak Torque launching, Peak Horsepower launching, holding rev at peak horsepower and puttin ebrake up and releasing clutch slightly to get it squatting and letting go, but smacking the limiter and droppin clutch was the best method yet to get as little bog as possible.
    Last edited by Okonkowo; 10-14-2005 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge
    Off a line what are you guys launching at?
    1. idle
    2. rev up
    3. rev past 5000
    4. dump the clutch on the UPrev
    5. have a sore neck
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

speaking of glass trans......

go to club RSX search trans. over 2000 people with out 2nd and 3rd gears and no more sycros.......yea i know what most of you are thinking ****ty primerd honda V-tak bro, ive heard it all. not to mention rainy wether+ wheelhop= torn trans/motor brace ova and ova agian.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234