Every street racer vs. poorly driven subaru's - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Every street racer vs. poorly driven subaru's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rallymaniac well, i don't mean i drive like a sissy but i don't do drop launches So...does ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    well, i don't mean i drive like a sissy but i don't do drop launches
    So...does a sissy launch drops? trying to picture how a sissy drives. Do they make engine noises with their mouths as the car moves along? Maybe at sharp corners the hands fly off the wheel to the side of the face while gasping an "Oh My God".....in very quick valley-speak? Or maybe it's just everyone that drives a prious or hybrid civic (sorry...but I actually do kind of picture the owners as being this type of individual...even though I wouldn't mine owning one too).

Ok...sorry for the OT.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    So...does a sissy launch drops? trying to picture how a sissy drives. Do they make engine noises with their mouths as the car moves along? Maybe at sharp corners the hands fly off the wheel to the side of the face while gasping an "Oh My God".....in very quick valley-speak? Or maybe it's just everyone that drives a prious or hybrid civic (sorry...but I actually do kind of picture the owners as being this type of individual...even though I wouldn't mine owning one too).

Ok...sorry for the OT.
    WTF
    yeah the Prius and Civic hybrid and Insight can be attached to this category (terribly slow and pointless way of moving around - type of vehicle)
    Last edited by rallymaniac; 09-21-2005 at 02:31 PM.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    well, i don't mean i drive like a sissy but i don't do drop launches
    i usually don't either.so i would not call you a sissy driver

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    just to verify, i dont use the slip method when i launch, and im ALWAYS banging gears, and it just eclipsed 60k miles worth of my driving, so im pretty sure it will withstand more.. and your right about 2nd.. ive had my fair share of 2nd gear grinds, but if it were to be an issue, im sure it would have been an issue a looong time ago

Beat the hell out of it all you want, but with a 96 mph trap speed I would brag about how well your tranny hold's up to abuse. Get it up to 110 and let me know how it is in 60k miles of beating. (not saying 110 is fast, just more power than stock)

I've never lost to a wrx in my srt, not from a stop or a roll.

Just don't ask how many I've raced

i'd put on a flame suit if i were you,
    but we all know SRT-4 is teh fastar
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    Beat the hell out of it all you want, but with a 96 mph trap speed I would brag about how well your tranny hold's up to abuse. Get it up to 110 and let me know how it is in 60k miles of beating. (not saying 110 is fast, just more power than stock)
    I have about 65k miles on my 04 right now, with about 100whp over stock for about 15k miles now, and then stage 2 for about 20k before that, and my tranns is holding up fine. Granted I'm not quite to 110 yet (my best so far is a 104), but I've been to the strip at least 5 times since the swap to the VF34, with 5-10 runs each trip. Then add to that the street launches and who knows how many over the last 2 years....

It seems to me like transmission life in these cars has a lot to do with driving style to me. I'm not saying that bad drivers break stuff and good ones dont though, but more how you adapt to driving AWD compared to 2WD. I never 'drop' the clutch...in any gear regardless of speed, I always try to smoothly mesh shifts, and I always error on the side of slipping the clutch a bit off the launch. I have netted a number of 1.7 60', and even more 1.8's, so It's deffinatly getting going off the line too.

I might not beat the crap out of it, but I deffinatly dont grandpa it around town either. Oh yea, and even with all the clutch slipping (I'm sure I've launched this car 200+ times, but im not counting) I'm still on my stock clutch with no immediate signs of it being on its last leg...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

i trap higher than most stockish wrxs and i choose the clutchn dump method, and i drive hard everyday, remember what this thread is about, 02 trannys are glass.. mine is most certainly not
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

I've never lost to a wrx in my srt, not from a stop or a roll.

Just don't ask how many I've raced
    where ya live ? i will come and beat ya for free. from a stop or a roll i should also note my tranny is fine ,and i am trapping some decent #'s .,and i am at almost 40,000 miles
    Last edited by sonicrx; 09-24-2005 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    where ya live ? i will come and beat ya for free. from a stop or a roll i should also note my tranny is fine ,and i am trapping some decent #'s .,and i am at almost 40,000 miles

hey i'll even meet u half way to make it easier, pick on someone on ur own size at least try aftermarkter turbo/ vs the aftermarket turbo. i'll even spot you 3 cars from a stop or a roll. (ah internet ethuggin at its best)
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmmmm.....a run between 2004NeonSRT4 and sonicrx. That would be good. As traitorous as it sounds, my money is on the SRT4. That thing is a monster.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    hey i'll even meet u half way to make it easier, pick on someone on ur own size at least try aftermarkter turbo/ vs the aftermarket turbo. i'll even spot you 3 cars from a stop or a roll. (ah internet ethuggin at its best)
    when ya want to meet up loser pays the other guys gas to get thier. and i will spot ya 4 cars,and i will even start sideways

I Support ClubWRX
    Sonicrx. Although I would gladly chip in for gas for this to happen, it probably won't. Just to be curious though...are you in the 11s?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Sonicrx. Although I would gladly chip in for gas for this to happen, it probably won't. Just to be curious though...are you in the 11s?
    i am running pretty stong in my old 03 . i am really not starting a fight .just having some fun. i give credit to alot of cars evo's , sti's ,wrx's ,and even the srt4 . 4 cyl power has come along way.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, the SRT4 driver isn't either...he's a good guy. I saw your dyno and you were pushing 390 or so at the wheels. I've no idea what the SRT4 is pushing, but with a very bad tune and not able to reach full boost he hit very low 12s (either a 12.2 or a 12.02...can't remember). His car is getting tuned again right now, and getting the boost issue fixed, so I'm thinking 11s are just around the corner for him. It would be a good race don't you think?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.