Every street racer vs. poorly driven subaru's - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Every street racer vs. poorly driven subaru's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; To agree with many others, yes the 02' tranny was more or less glass. Granted, a lot had to do ...

To agree with many others, yes the 02' tranny was more or less glass. Granted, a lot had to do with the driver, but in the same sense, a lot had to do with them being built terribly.
    It does get annoying how everyone pegs the STi and newer WRX's having crap trannies as well just because 1 years they were terrible

On another note, I dont get that many people claiming they walk wrx's/sti's. I mean, if they have a fast car then I would totally understand. But whenever someone has a car that I KNOW is not capable of beating a properly driven wrx and they are bragging about how they walk them I just say "I have a WRX, would you care to run and "walk" another wrx?"

That usually shuts them up pretty fast. I have dont that to a few guys driving cars like Preludes, Integra's, Mustangs, etc... It is funny to watch their ego get shattered after talking all that smack and then getting called out and either losing or knowing they will lose before they even enter the race
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i beat up a STi and took his lunch money.

Who cares what the idiots say about the wrx/STi some people will always think their car is teh fasTAr.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

I think it may have been a faulty transmission, but he got the good old subaru "spirited driving" excuse when he took it in to have it fixed. I'll have to find all the details out about it.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

yes, please. If he's on a forum and there's anything about it I'd love to read it.

Wow Subaru actually made the 2002 WRX tranny out of glass? That'd be really cool to see. It's too bad they didn't do that a year earlier. I could've had a Subaru tranny glass sculpture at my wedding instead of that stupid ice swan thing. I'm going to buy a bunch and resell them as art nuveau to some rich uptown collectors!!! Anybody know where I can get some of these glass trannies?
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Unfortunately the '02 transmissions were glass. People heard that, and now they will forever be known as such, despite having been upgraded every year since. The sti tranny is anything but glass, but oh well.
    As far as people beating up on wrx's, I don't hear alot of that... of course, when people are a few buslengths behind me it's hard to hear anything they're saying

try owning a beefed up neon and trying to convince people that it won't blow a headgasket.

i do think there should be a qualifieing process to own certain cars. like you need to take out a test model and prove you can run the "average" times in it. quarter, 60ft, skid pad etc... then your allowed to purchase the vehicle. that would be nice. no one would own a corvette tho.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    Wow Subaru actually made the 2002 WRX tranny out of glass? That'd be really cool to see. It's too bad they didn't do that a year earlier. I could've had a Subaru tranny glass sculpture at my wedding instead of that stupid ice swan thing. I'm going to buy a bunch and resell them as art nuveau to some rich uptown collectors!!! Anybody know where I can get some of these glass trannies?
    Those who work with glass trannies should not row stones.
    or
    Those who work with glass trannies are not only gender confused, but have the tactile senses of a golem.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

The thing that makes me sad is how many of them are probably telling the truth. It seems like every time I go to the track every other WRX I see cant drive at all. I've been to the track on days when I was the ONLY wrx hitting lower than 15.0 all night Then people like that (usually teenagers, no offense to anyone) go off and race all thier friends. They get beat by bolt on GSR's and Preludes and since stock WRX's fall on their face after 3rd gear they probably cant even catch up on the top end either.

What's even worse is that if you live in the country like me, the closest track is like an hour away. So these GSR's and Preludes that go whooping on some kids poorly driven WRX all go around telling all thier friends how they run low 14's because they beat a WRX. This is how you get little gangs of ricer's that are all convinced their fart-caned out civics pull 14's, because thats their frame of reference...

My friend recently had some kid in a bolt on Ford Couger with big (like 18 or 19in) rims, a bodykit, and full F&F vinyl tell him all about how fast he was and how he ran low 14's at the track, he was convinced my friend had a supercharger or something under the hood of what was really just a bone stock 95 Monte Carlo SS after he smoked his Couger We ran the monte for laughs one week at the strip too...it pulled off a whoping 15.7...
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 09-21-2005 at 02:16 AM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    I'm tired of hearing people talking **** about how they beat up on wrx's and sti's and that subarus trannies are glass. subaru needs to start giving instructions on how to launch them properly or something.

They really are crap. A new set of syncros, new 3rd & 4th gear, etc every 27k miles isn't my idea of a well-built transmission; especially when it's on a stock RS!

Actually, it's not so much a issue of the design, but quality/construction control somewhere along the line.
    Last edited by PJwrx; 09-21-2005 at 07:24 AM.
    I drive a '04RS, & don't have the inclnation to change my s/n...

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Those who work with glass trannies should not row stones.
    or
    Those who work with glass trannies are not only gender confused, but have the tactile senses of a golem.
    well i have a glass trans. i have put 383 awhp to the wheels until my turbo blew up.i am currently over 300awhp now and almost 40,000 miles.i luanch hard ,and i shift even harder and i am on the stock trans ,and get this stock clutch with no slippage or any other problems. shifting is a art ,and yes anyone can shift and most people think they are great stick drivers. not bashing but stating i have had no issues and i race the hell out of my car everyday.i have missed shifts,but i have never blown up a subie trans. i also rarley use 5th gear on my car,and the only time i have used it is when i was racing and i ran out of 4th. so glass as you like to call the trnamission is as good as the person shifting it. i know alot of people are going to be bashing ,but it will fall on deaf ears. i have had no issues,and i am probably harder on my trans than most people on here not insulting peoples abilities
    Last edited by sonicrx; 09-21-2005 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    well i have a glass trans. i have put 383 awhp to the wheels until my turbo blew up.i am currently over 300awhp now and almost 40,000 miles.i luanch hard ,and i shift even harder and i am on the stock trans ,and get this stock clutch with no slippage or any other problems. shifting is a art ,and yes anyone can shift and most people think they are great stick drivers. not bashing but stating i have had no issues and i race the hell out of my car everyday.i have missed shifts,but i have never blown up a subie trans. i also rarley use 5th gear on my car,and the only time i have used it is when i was racing and i ran out of 4th. so glass as you like to call the trnamission is as good as the person shifting it. i know alot of people are going to be bashing ,but it will fall on deaf ears. i have had no issues,and i am probably harder on my trans than most people on here not insulting peoples abilities
    hmm, than i guess i can stop babying mine
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I Support ClubWRX

whoo...I was trying to be funny, not making any sort of personal reference whatsoever. ummmm....you aren't a golem by chance are you? Cause I'd really hate to piss off a golem. They like.....hurt people 'n stuff. Plus I heard they like....smell funny n' stuff.

Chill. I've owned more than my share of scoobies, so I know what the issues are and what is just rumor central, or poor habits related. Never broken any part of a manual transmission before...unless you count my dad's 3 on the tree shift lever that I snapped in half while speed shifting????
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    whoo...I was trying to be funny, not making any sort of personal reference whatsoever. ummmm....you aren't a golem by chance are you? Cause I'd really hate to piss off a golem. They like.....hurt people 'n stuff. Plus I heard they like....smell funny n' stuff.

Chill. I've owned more than my share of scoobies, so I know what the issues are and what is just rumor central, or poor habits related. Never broken any part of a manual transmission before...unless you count my dad's 3 on the tree shift lever that I snapped in half while speed shifting????

i am not tense nor was i taking what you said as an attack. i was just stating that alot of the trans problems are due to abuse,and improper shifting mechanics.on a side note i am not a golem,but i do stink from time to time(beer and nuts).

Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    hmm, than i guess i can stop babying mine
    if you are babying it you should stop your car pull over and hand the keys over

if you are babying it you should stop your car pull over and hand the keys over
    well, i don't mean i drive like a sissy but i don't do drop launches
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.