STI vs 05 GTO - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on STI vs 05 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 03EBZ06 Actually, it is heads compression that limits the psi, weak internal will break but doesn't limit ...

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Actually, it is heads compression that limits the psi, weak internal will break but doesn't limit the psi, the compression of heads does. Also, ls1 intake flows just fine, just doesn't flow as well as LS6 or other after-market intake manifold.
    Very good point, that's why most boosted guys run 6.0L Stage 3 heads with larger combustion chambers,
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Did he use 2 different dynos? 280 seems very low, and then to jump to 480 is high. Plus it seems like those other guys had supporting mods, to get up that high. Not just stock. Again, I don't know much about LS1 (I should, they are my comp.) but that just seems like a huge jump in power for such a small psi. 7 just seems low, for that jump, I would have thought it would take at least double that to get to 480. I guess I will keep a closer eye on those fuggers.

Thanks for the heads up.
    No, same dyno after installation. The stock numbers were in the 280s. After Intercooled Procharger 7 psi, the 04 GTO made 488 rwhp with no other supporting mods. That what I was told. The car was kind of loud on the dyno , but stock 05 GTOs are pretty loud inside a shop at 6500 rpms.
    The dyno operator told me the 280 rwhp was right on the money for a stock 04 GTO, on their dyno.

The car was also tuned (custom tune) by Ron at Pro Auto Tech in Fort Myers Fl.
    www.proautotech.com

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't remember. Are the scoop intakes on the hood of the GTO functional?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    I can't remember. Are the scoop intakes on the hood of the GTO functional?
    Yes and No. There is no ram air effect. All they do is bring outside air in and dump it next to the intake box.
    I have an aftermarket intake and after a few days driving I will have dirt/sand type stuff on my intake tube where the outside air is being dumped from the hood scoops. So they do help keep underhood temps down, but no ram air.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    No, same dyno after installation. The stock numbers were in the 280s. After Intercooled Procharger 7 psi, the 04 GTO made 488 rwhp with no other supporting mods. That what I was told. The car was kind of loud on the dyno , but stock 05 GTOs are pretty loud inside a shop at 6500 rpms.
    The dyno operator told me the 280 rwhp was right on the money for a stock 04 GTO, on their dyno.

The car was also tuned (custom tune) by Ron at Pro Auto Tech in Fort Myers Fl.
    www.proautotech.com
    Those are some amazing gains, I just didn't think it was possible. I need to port my blower or get a KB I guess. Those stock #s just seemed low, I thought that the camaros were dynoing around 295-310 area, at worst. I have to get faster. 466 rwhp ain't enough now.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Those are some amazing gains, I just didn't think it was possible. I need to port my blower or get a KB I guess. Those stock #s just seemed low, I thought that the camaros were dynoing around 295-310 area, at worst. I have to get faster. 466 rwhp ain't enough now.
    Today online,I ran across a GTO from Fort Myers which I'm sure is the same car I saw being dynoed (488 rwhp). He said he put aftermarket heads and a cam in the car so he can run moore boost (13 psi). With the same 7psi boost as before he made 530 rwhp. He is now waiting for a new blower pulley and belt to run the higher boost. He expects
    590 rwhp when he dyno's it with the new pulley!!

Today online,I ran across a GTO from Fort Myers which I'm sure is the same car I saw being dynoed (488 rwhp). He said he put aftermarket heads and a cam in the car so he can run moore boost (13 psi). With the same 7psi boost as before he made 530 rwhp. He is now waiting for a new blower pulley and belt to run the higher boost. He expects
    Those are some seriously sweet numbers.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Any chance you have the link for this thread? I'm trying to help my friend with the GTO out. Also APS said their Twin Turbo set up is streetable but this set up sounds better.

that thing sounds nice. Anyone every find out his set up or how much hp he putting down?

Looks like a Magnacharger setup to me..... www.magnacharger.com
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGuam
    Any chance you have the link for this thread? I'm trying to help my friend with the GTO out. Also APS said their Twin Turbo set up is streetable but this set up sounds better.
    I can't find the exact thread where I saw the guy from my area with the Procharger. Here's a link to the Power Adders section at LS1GTO.COM.
    Have your buddy do a search or post your questions over there. They will be glad to help you out. There's a bunch of guys running Prochargers over there on 04 GTOs.
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234