STI vs 05 GTO - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs 05 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TeamGuam The GTO gears are a lot farther apart than ours are. Im going in to 4th ...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGuam
    The GTO gears are a lot farther apart than ours are. Im going in to 4th around 80 while hes just getting into 3rd.
    What are the gearings of WRX?

Nice run btw.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1 3.636
    2 2.375
    3 1.761
    4 1.346
    5 1.062
    6 0.842
    Final Drive: 3.900

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    1 3.636
    2 2.375
    3 1.761
    4 1.346
    5 1.062
    6 0.842
    Final Drive: 3.900
    Thanks. Here is the GTO's gearings.
    1st --- 2.97:1
    2nd -- 2.07:1
    3rd --- 1.43:1
    4th --- 1:1
    5th --- 0.84:1
    6th --- 0.57:1

Final Drive -- 3.46:1

nice kill.

I really like the GTO's and I would love to ride in one that is boosted.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Quote Originally Posted by cbr600f3
    nice kill.

I really like the GTO's and I would love to ride in one that is boosted.

or even an all motor bolt on beast. . I still kind of regret not getting one.

+ I still kind of regret not getting one.
    I told ya so
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I would love one but I need the XT for its utility.

Domestics are waaaaay more expensive to mod, no?
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

GTO over an EVO ?

Gto is kinda plain jane looking (id change the rims asap).... lots of hp, lots of weight, lots of gas... not much room for improvment unless you get a blower.. while EVO has a billion differnt ways to get some quick speed, and you'd outhandle the GTO like its a civic and beat it in the snow too.

my friend is also having a hard time choosing between a GTO and an EVO / STi. I think he'll end up with an 05 STi when it comes down to it....
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Yep when I went out to get a new car that's what I left with intentions of picking up. I wouldn't say that they're really that much more expensive to mod than any other car out there. . .Well mustangs are dirt cheap to mod. Bolt ons and a little giggle gas and the things flying. 05's are in the 12's stock and have a lot of room for improvement.

Oddly enough I'd bet that the gto gets about 7mpg better mileage on the e-way than the evo and about the same around the city.

My biggest problem was that it was a 2 door car with 2 LARGE doors and NO trunk. If it had a trunk I'd be driving it today.

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    GTO over an EVO ?

Gto is kinda plain jane looking (id change the rims asap).... lots of hp, lots of weight, lots of gas... not much room for improvment unless you get a blower.. while EVO has a billion differnt ways to get some quick speed, and you'd outhandle the GTO like its a civic and beat it in the snow too.

my friend is also having a hard time choosing between a GTO and an EVO / STi. I think he'll end up with an 05 STi when it comes down to it....

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    hehe...good kills. Elevation is teh suck, but worse for NA motors.

Try your friend from about a 60-70 MPH roll (start). I'll bet you get a very different result.

Thats for sure.

GTOs are nice, but he hates the fact he paid more for his and Im killing him from a dig. Hes talking a lot about putting a turbo kit on his car to compete with me. Before I got my STI he said he wishes he would have got one but now that I beat him to it hes not going to get one. Im still trying to convince him to cat delete and add headers. Then it would sound like a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by cbr600f3

Domestics are waaaaay more expensive to mod, no?

No domestics are generally cheaper, if for no other reason that the parts don't have to be shipped to the USA.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    No domestics are generally cheaper, if for no other reason that the parts don't have to be shipped to the USA.
    Not always true. Cars like GTOs dont have a lot of parts or demand for them so the price is up there. Where as civics and other cars which every high school kids mod are pretty cheap. It varies from car to car.

6000' elev. is very high. NA engine will suffer (along with an lesser driver).

LS1 mods are getting pretty damn cheap. $1200 for heads, $380 for a cam, $400 for Long Tube Headers, etc., etc.
    LS2 market is just heating up.

What's the STi involved trapping?
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    hehe...good kills. Elevation is teh suck, but worse for NA motors.

Try your friend from about a 60-70 MPH roll (start). I'll bet you get a very different result.

i love 65-70mph roll, i throw it in 4th and use all the torque and it works fine, even 5th at 80mph i've raced a m3 (so called highway beast or whatever) and took that. I think people lose races with a sti off a roll because they dont know how to drive,, and they dont understand the benefits of giving a gear. I've seen races at 45mph and they go in 2nd, no point. go in 3rd and you'll be quicker. Or at 60-65 mph they go in 3rd, no point go in 4th and use ur torque! (all this if your on a stock turbo of course)

nice kills on the gto, i'd love to race the 05's and see how i would do, were at elevation here so im pretty sure gto would pull me off a roll.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x
    6000' elev. is very high. NA engine will suffer (along with an lesser driver).

LS1 mods are getting pretty damn cheap. $1200 for heads, $380 for a cam, $400 for Long Tube Headers, etc., etc.
    LS2 market is just heating up.

What's the STi involved trapping?

I dont know what Im trapping, I've never taken it to the track. My plan is to wait until Im 350 or so whp corrected numbers. Race gas and a few more mods might put me there. The closest track is at 5000 ft so I didnt want to be too disappointed. Plus I wanted some time to get better at launching and other stuff.

I would like to see the GTO with a twin turbo set up though at a track. That would be fun, maybe too much fun for me to handle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.