Beat a Stage 3 SRT
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beat a Stage 3 SRT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sort of. My buddy just had stage 3 installed about a month ago and he's been giving me all kinds ...

Beat a Stage 3 SRT

Sort of. My buddy just had stage 3 installed about a month ago and he's been giving me all kinds of crap about how bad he will smoke me with it. Well last night we finally got a chance to line them up. We found an empty strip of road in the middle of nowhere and his gf flagged the start of the race. I rev up to around 4000 rpm and as his girlfriend drops her arms I let out the clutch and get a perfect launch. I don't look back until I'm banging 2nd and I see gigantic clouds of tiresmoke behind me. I shut down in third with about a buslength on him and he goes screaming by after I hit the brakes. After all the **** he gave me I refused to give him another chance. He was pissed because of how far we drove to setup the race.

Bottom line: What good is power if you can't put it to good use.

Oh, I have a turboback exhaust and front mount intercooler in my 04 Wagon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you just have the TBE and FMIC? no EM or anything else...and you beat a stage 3 SRT4 through third gear? he must not have any idea how to launch his car from a dig...maybe he was just warming up his tires.

I raced a stage 1 srt4 against my car when it was stock and was ok til about mid 2nd gear when he passed me and kept pulling on me until we shut down and I was high up in third.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    Do you just have the TBE and FMIC? no EM or anything else...and you beat a stage 3 SRT4 through third gear? he must not have any idea how to launch his car from a dig...maybe he was just warming up his tires.

I raced a stage 1 srt4 against my car when it was stock and was ok til about mid 2nd gear when he passed me and kept pulling on me until we shut down and I was high up in third.
    Yeah, weird mod list right? My funds dried up faster then I expected so I ended up with an odd list for the time being. You, he got a terrible launch. His tires already weren't the freshest and I think he corded the right front when he lit them up. He told me he didn't get traction till 3rd gear.

I still won though. I've been making fun of him all day. He's probably got 100 whp on me and he still got killed. Maybe if he's gotten something 4wd he'd have had a chance.

maybe with his srt PLUS stage 3 from mopar, he still spent LESS than you for your wrx...

Quote Originally Posted by kgmdawg84
    maybe with his srt PLUS stage 3 from mopar, he still spent LESS than you for your wrx...
    maybe so, but his SRT4 that is a year old is now worth $13000 on trade. we had a guy with a 2004 SRT4 with about 30k on it and book told us it was worth about $13500 on trade and manhiem auction/marketing report showed they were running through the auction between $12k and $15k. ...he still owed $24k somehow on his. OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by kgmdawg84
    What does it matter if he can't even launch the thing. What do a 400 hp and a 500 hp SRT have in common? They both run 11's. I'll probably out E.T. him at the strip while he traps 15 mph higher. That's just pathetic.

bwwwwahahahahahh

You guys and your lil rally cars. Sorry but a stg. 3 would **** on your lil soccer mom wagon any night of the week. He gave you some hope by spinning his wheels the first time you guys ran. Your guys should upgrade your trans they can barely handle all your stock hp.

Sad thing is he probably still has less loot (money) invested into his "neon" than you paid for your ****box. Seriously dont talk **** about beating a Srt that didnt even launch. Give him two or three more days with that beast and he will be destroying you. You will ask him to give you a head start every time you guys race. Its really sad you guys try to make rally cars into street speed demons. How about this I'll race one of you douche bags across a frozen pond this winter!!! hahahahha Dumb****s.

Since your mods are probably gay as hell with the arguing heres a link for you guys to go to. We will argue with your dumb asses till the sun goes down.

http://www.srt4mation.com/showthread.php?t=358

just like there is a guy in knoxville with a tubbed twin turbo Z06 with roughly 1000hp. he runs a 6.30 in the 1/8th mile. A guy at work has a Camaro running that without any turbo or supercharger or NOS. he has just over 600 rwhp from what I remember. he still as the radio and speakers in this car and only runs a 10 inch slick. the vette has big monster drag tires on it.

if it cant hook up, how much power you have doesnt matter unless you are dyno racing.

Quote Originally Posted by FourBanger
    You guys and your lil rally cars. Sorry but a stg. 3 would **** on your lil soccer mom wagon any night of the week. He gave you some hope by spinning his wheels the first time you guys ran. Your guys should upgrade your trans they can barely handle all your stock hp.

Sad thing is he probably still has less loot (money) invested into his "neon" than you paid for your ****box. Seriously dont talk **** about beating a Srt that didnt even launch. Give him two or three more days with that beast and he will be destroying you. You will ask him to give you a head start every time you guys race. Its really sad you guys try to make rally cars into street speed demons. How about this I'll race one of you douche bags across a frozen pond this winter!!! hahahahha Dumb****s.

Since your mods are probably gay as hell with the arguing heres a link for you guys to go to. We will argue with your dumb asses till the sun goes down.

Traction > SRT-4.
    And everyone on that site you linked seems to be retarded.

hey, our trans' are strong!!! hahahaha

calm down fourbanger..noone is talking trash. I couldnt see how he beat a stage 3 srt4. we all know the SRT4 is faster from a roll. The drivetrain in the WRX models is superior from a dig in most cases and allows year round fun in all weather. we are not trashing the SRT4 -- many of them on here have them too - we are merely saying he can not launch his car becasue with two good drivers, even from a dig, a stage 3 SRT4 should destroy a mostly stock WRX, especially once you are going into 3rd gear.

please take your attitude elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FourBanger

OMFG my first POST I hate you ALL l !!!!1111!!! ..
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Welcome to the club! Great first post. We love you too!

1) he knows that kid would destroy him w/ a good set of tires and some traction. so dont go yelling at him. He's just telling a story about a race w/ a friend.

2) no need to insult his car, or ours since he and we didnt do that in this tread. your car isnt exactly built off a sports car heritage.

3) the fact that they are reselling for so cheap is a bad sign for the future of SRT-4 owners trying to sell/trade in their car in 3+ years.

Oh, and 4x4forU...get some EM. NOW!
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

ahhh, we just like bustin balls! dont worry, its all in fun!

2) no need to insult his car, or ours since he and we didnt do that in this tread. your car isnt exactly built of a sports car heritage. -- even though they are fast, my wife still says "but it is a neon" I keep telling her how fast they are but she doesnt seem to care about the speed.

3) the fact that they are reselling for so cheap is a bad sign for the future of SRT-4 owners trying to sell/trade in their car in 3+ years. -- 3 + years nothing...people trying to trade them even now are taking a beating on trade in values-- let alone even longer down the road

There is one running around here that is a stage 3. it is one of the best looking ones in the area. He always goes to the track but wont run. we guess it is becauase he doesnt know how to launch it or because he knows he cant get traction off the start.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast