EVO RS Stock vs. 0'2 911 minor mods (Evo Lost)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVO RS Stock vs. 0'2 911 minor mods (Evo Lost) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I sold my wrx and bought a 05 Evo RS. 1000 miles and my first test, my brother in laws ...

EVO RS Stock vs. 0'2 911 minor mods (Evo Lost)

I sold my wrx and bought a 05 Evo RS. 1000 miles and my first test, my brother in laws 02 911.

Evo- Stock

911- Garrett Chip, Headers, Exaust and not sure if he has a TBE or catback only

we went from 25mph and decided 100mph would be our max

100mph he had me by a honest car lenght, I was at his bumper. Ran 3 times and it was about the same. Didnt got from a dig because I didnt want to tear my clutch apart with only 1000 miles on my car.

In my WRX TBE/Ecutek he would have me approx 1 1/2 car lenghts and we raced many times

and lol at the wrx with the same mods as mine claiming to beat 911's.

I'll update in a few months when I start tweaking my car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

damn, get a test pipe and repeat

yeah, funny my evo friends thought I would have beat him but I've seen him beat his friends stock STI about the same, so it wasnt my terrible driving.

those cars are faster then talked about on this forum over the years, thats for sure

I'll have TBE, Cams, CAI/upper intercooler pipe, head studs, MBC, Tune, Apexi AFC

a few more months and we will see

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you get your rs for? do they plan on continuing that model into 06? i'm really interested into getting one of these and if they weren't going into 06, i'd have to look for a leftover or used 05. thanks.

Nice, minor mods and you will beat him.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

what gear were you in at that speed?? if your in first thats so close to redline it sucks, did you try any lower speed rolls or higher in another gear?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

i got mine for $25,400+ tax/liscense. They will be making the RS for 06 and thats why I got mine for a price I was happy with. They gave me 14K trade for my 02 WRX 49K miles. South coast Mistu, Costa Mesa CA

when we rolled I was in 2nd gear. I know it would have been closer from a dig but I'll do that next time, my spool was fairly low 25mph 2nd gear but his car was clearly faster, it pulled a bit on me in each gear

I was losing sleep deciding on STI or Evo, called around and the dealers that had 05 STI's left werent willing to deal at all and some dealers didnt have any. The 06 STI wasnt what I was looking for so I went with the Evo and I dont think the RS can be beat for the price.

STI looks much better inside of course but the outside is debatable. Performance, they drive way different so thats hard to compare as well, the Evo feels much more responsive in handling and snappy is the word that describes it best. The Evo motor doesnt feel as bullet proof though, I'd call the Evo a Greyhound and the STI a Bull. Just different cars

I have two friends: STI and MR Evo. Both have all the bolt on's: Injectors, FMIC ect. STI also has Nos Shot. They ran the same dyno: MR 382 whp, STI 369 whp. STI was much more expensive to mod, way more and that was dyno'd with NOS. Both were on pump gas

they havent raced yet but they will

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    damn, get a test pipe and repeat
    not to hijack but what is a test pipe?
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    not to hijack but what is a test pipe?

cat delete

i bet if you guys did a roll at about 40mph in 2nd, it would of been a much better race. Are you even moving at all at 25mph in 2nd? i know with sti i'd like that race but the 2.5 helps.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

You hung with a 911 turbo that had mods and your stock? don't those make 415hp stock? With a chip those are probably in the 11s.

lol it's a Carerra, not a Turbo.

and I agree a STI would fair better from 25mph then an Evo, bigger motor

he said he beats his friends stock STI about the same as he did me though

25mph in 2nd, yes I'm moving, it's not bogging at that speed but not spooled either.

as I stated it didnt matter much because he pulled on my throughout the race, not just when we started from 25. His car is clearly faster

Its a carrera?. . .in your first post you list that u werent sure if he had a catback or a turbo back.

-al

You said TBE.

what does TBE or catback have to do with his 911 being a Turbo or a Carrera?

it's a 911 Carrera and not sure if his exhaust is TBE or Catback, we seem to be confusing each other or youre confusing me at least

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast