WRX vs 200SX turbo (in traffic)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs 200SX turbo (in traffic) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I drive up behind a white car with some sort of carbon fibre tail insert and a non-stock muffler. Turns ...

WRX vs 200SX turbo (in traffic)

I drive up behind a white car with some sort of carbon fibre tail insert and a non-stock muffler. Turns out to be a 200SX turbo. The driver is staring at me in the rearview and then pulls over into the next lane. We're sitting side by side in 25mph traffic but this doesn't stop him from lunging at the car in front of him repeatedly and sounding his BOV. Is this a mating call? Did he want my ass? Occasionally he'll glance over at me but for the most part he's doing the deer in headlights thing.
    After a while he gave up and felt the need to blast off and switch lanes. Eventually he gets into a turn lane and I stop three cars early, even with him. "That thing's pretty nice" I say, and he gives me his best N'SYNC hardcore stare before turning. I couldn't stop laughing. He watched me in his mirror as he drove away. I know that I'm one sexy mother****er, and this is just part of the price to pay, but fate could at least toss me some semi-attractive rice girls instead.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I hate people like that. I used to get civics in NJ that would do that too me all the time, we'd be in just shy of bumper to bumper traffic and they'd shoot like 3 cars and throw the 4 ways on when I was just cruising. Then half the time if I caugh up to them in traffic they'd give me the "I'm so fast and furious" stare it sounds like this guy gave you.

It always ticks me off a bit when they throw the 4 ways on though, I could really care less if their just driving like idiots as long as they dont kill me, if theres traffic I'm not going to race though, no matter how many times they shoot past me. I just laugh to myself about the fact that they think their little 40-60mph shots in 10 seconds looks impressive to anyone other than the teenybopers in their cars who have never been in a car that pulls faster than 15's at WOT.

Did those 200sx's come with a turbo? I thought they were all NA in the US? and they were FWD too werent they? Idk, other than the various Z's, and some of their newer cars, I never really paid much atention to nissan's american cars.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

no 200sx come stock with a turbo, thats for sure. maybe he just had a fake bov (tsunami)???

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    no 200sx come stock with a turbo, thats for sure. maybe he just had a fake bov (tsunami)???

and that's why that 200sx would have probably torn the wrx a new *******. They come stock with an sr20de, the stock version of the japanese 180sx's (which is a 240sx over here) sr20det, which is a direct swap into these cars. They're rated something like 220 crank hp, but they only come with an engine and a transmission, so a boost controller, exhaust, fmic, and all the other essentials are usually put on the car at the same time the motor goes in, and which usually pull anywhere from 220-250+ with -just- a swap. plus it's lighter and fwd, only having a disadvantage from a stop seeing has how the sr20det seems to be a topend monster. That or he could have had an rb25, which is the 2.5 turbo skyline motor that people do swaps with...

I use to own a 240sx. I dreamed of sr20's
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    and that's why that 200sx would have probably torn the wrx a new *******. They come stock with an sr20de, the stock version of the japanese 180sx's (which is a 240sx over here) sr20det, which is a direct swap into these cars. They're rated something like 220 crank hp, but they only come with an engine and a transmission, so a boost controller, exhaust, fmic, and all the other essentials are usually put on the car at the same time the motor goes in, and which usually pull anywhere from 220-250+ with -just- a swap. plus it's lighter and fwd, only having a disadvantage from a stop seeing has how the sr20det seems to be a topend monster. That or he could have had an rb25, which is the 2.5 turbo skyline motor that people do swaps with...

I use to own a 240sx. I dreamed of sr20's

It was definitely turbo and after watching him "show off" he wouldn't have torn my WRX anything.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    "

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    I hate people like that. I used to get civics in NJ that would do that too me all the time, we'd be in just shy of bumper to bumper traffic and they'd shoot like 3 cars and throw the 4 ways on when I was just cruising. Then half the time if I caugh up to them in traffic they'd give me the "I'm so fast and furious" stare it sounds like this guy gave you.

It always ticks me off a bit when they throw the 4 ways on though, I could really care less if their just driving like idiots as long as they dont kill me, if theres traffic I'm not going to race though, no matter how many times they shoot past me. I just laugh to myself about the fact that they think their little 40-60mph shots in 10 seconds looks impressive to anyone other than the teenybopers in their cars who have never been in a car that pulls faster than 15's at WOT.

Did those 200sx's come with a turbo? I thought they were all NA in the US? and they were FWD too werent they? Idk, other than the various Z's, and some of their newer cars, I never really paid much atention to nissan's american cars.

I should have gone past him up to the red light and thrown my hazards on, then pointed and laughed. I'll run into him again.
    My favourite hazard incident took place when I was sitting at a red light and cars moving up the road from the previous light. As my light turned green a civic already doing 40mph passed me and threw his hazards on. Damn, I got my ass kicked that time.
    Last edited by cyrilgrey; 09-19-2005 at 04:14 PM.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    It was definitely turbo and after watching him "show off" he wouldn't have torn my WRX anything.
    then it could have been a stock sr20de with an aftermarket turbo added and not putting out that much power, but if it was a swap like I described, you would have a hard time with it from a roll unless you had 250+whp
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

then it could have been a stock sr20de with an aftermarket turbo added and not putting out that much power, but if it was a swap like I described, you would have a hard time with it from a roll unless you had 250+whp

I also would have had a hard time with it if he swapped in a blown viper engine. And he still would have been a jackass.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    I also would have had a hard time with it if he swapped in a blown viper engine. And he still would have been a jackass.
    but the point is most properly modded 200sx's and 240sx's put out that kind of power when they're running right and if he would have gotten a chance to race you, it wouldn't have been pretty unless you had over some sort of stage 2 setup.

You should have been like:

"Hey, you look firmiliar...... O yeah! There was a picture of you on your moms fridge that I saw when I nailing her on the counter-tops last night"

Smiled, and then drove off.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

but the point is most properly modded 200sx's and 240sx's put out that kind of power when they're running right and if he would have gotten a chance to race you, it wouldn't have been pretty unless you had over some sort of stage 2 setup.
    I'm gunna back him up on this one, I havent seen many 200sx turbos ever, and the likelyhood of running into one thats done well isnt very high. He could have had anything in it from a basic turbo kit to a $60k fully built custom race motor. He was still a jerkoff, and you can usually tell pretty well when someone is taunting you in traffic like that whether they actually have anything or not.

By saying "most properly modded 200sx's" you rule out about 99% of the 200sx's on the road, and most likely this one too. Why are you trying to tell him that a car you didnt even see would have handed it to him if they'd gotten to race. If it was a C6 corvette, or an 03 Cobra that you KNOW only come fast thats one thing, but you have no idea what this car ACTUALLY HAD. stop trying to tell him it would have whooped him.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    I'm gunna back him up on this one, I havent seen many 200sx turbos ever, and the likelyhood of running into one thats done well isnt very high. He could have had anything in it from a basic turbo kit to a $60k fully built custom race motor. He was still a jerkoff, and you can usually tell pretty well when someone is taunting you in traffic like that whether they actually have anything or not.

By saying "most properly modded 200sx's" you rule out about 99% of the 200sx's on the road, and most likely this one too. Why are you trying to tell him that a car you didnt even see would have handed it to him if they'd gotten to race. If it was a C6 corvette, or an 03 Cobra that you KNOW only come fast thats one thing, but you have no idea what this car ACTUALLY HAD. stop trying to tell him it would have whooped him.
    A car with that egine setup I described would have handed him his ass. That's what I'm saying.

No, that wasn't the point. I know you're really wanting to convey that the car can be fast, and I was already aware of this. Any car can be fast. You seem really desperate to make us sit back and say "Wow, you know...you're right.".

After reading your signature, why am I not surprised?
    Last edited by cyrilgrey; 09-21-2005 at 08:23 AM.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted

You guys are too young. You have to go back to the 80's. The 84-86 200sx had a optional 1.8 turbo 4 from the factory. And they were RWD, had an IRS, and even 4-wheel disc brakes (which was unusual for its time).

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Schu

You guys are too young. You have to go back to the 80's. The 84-86 200sx had a optional 1.8 turbo 4 from the factory. And they were RWD, had an IRS, and even 4-wheel disc brakes (which was unusual for its time).
    wow..... i learn something new every day. thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast