WRX vs 200SX turbo (in traffic) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs 200SX turbo (in traffic) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cyrilgrey No, that wasn't the point. I know you're really wanting to convey that the car can ...

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    No, that wasn't the point. I know you're really wanting to convey that the car can be fast, and I was already aware of this. Any car can be fast. You seem really desperate to make us sit back and say "Wow, you know...you're right.".

After reading your signature, why am I not surprised?
    I don't know when other people started conveying the points I'm trying to get across, but as far as I know, that's what I'm trying to get across. A 200sx modded the way I described etc, etc....

and the newer 200sx American versions are fwd na cars. The older ones are the cars that the newer japanses 200sx is based off of, which is our 240sx. I don't know, I'm confused at this point.

p.s. And what does my signature have to do with anything? Unless you're completely dry and don't have a sense of humor, I can see you having your feathers ruffled over it...It was just me playing on the fact that I've raced several from a roll or been in one that's raced my vw from a roll and won, and no one thinks a modded vw can beat a stock wrx. It's like they're in denial or something...
    Last edited by YZFWV; 09-21-2005 at 12:48 PM.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    I don't know when other people started conveying the points I'm trying to get across, but as far as I know, that's what I'm trying to get across. A 200sx modded the way I described etc, etc....

and the newer 200sx American versions are fwd na cars. The older ones are the cars that the newer japanses 200sx is based off of, which is our 240sx. I don't know, I'm confused at this point.

p.s. And what does my signature have to do with anything? Unless you're completely dry and don't have a sense of humor, I can see you having your feathers ruffled over it...It was just me playing on the fact that I've raced several from a roll or been in one that's raced my vw from a roll and won, and no one thinks a modded vw can beat a stock wrx. It's like they're in denial or something...
    Who ever said that a modded VW cant beat a stock WRX? I mean I think especially on this board people are pretty realistic and for the most part knowledgable about how fast a stock WRX is, and well more realistically the fact that it just plain isnt fast. I wouldnt consider beating a stock WRX really anything to brag about, whos telling you that it cant be done, thier only mid 14 second cars, its not like its a Z06 or something...

I think the point that you missed is that no one really cared that a properly modded 200sx can be fast, like he said anything can be fast if you put time and money into making it that way. This one wasnt, so what difference did it make. I could mod a skateboard to smoke a WRX if I really wanted to, does that mean that some kid gives me dirty looks on his skateboard and I tell someone about it I want to hear them tell me "well if he had an acme rocket on there he'd smoke you"... no it doesnt, I think everyone on here knows the potential of a turbocharged car, and the fact that a properly built motor will put down lots of HP, its no surprise that a 200sx, or VW 1.8T, or (insert any turbo car ever made) can do that to...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Not to step in the middle, but the first post was hilarious to read, I enjoyed the write up tremendously. `
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

wrx vs 1.8t jetta

just for starters....threads like that are why my signature says what it does.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Who ever said that a modded VW cant beat a stock WRX? I mean I think especially on this board people are pretty realistic and for the most part knowledgable about how fast a stock WRX is, and well more realistically the fact that it just plain isnt fast. I wouldnt consider beating a stock WRX really anything to brag about, whos telling you that it cant be done, thier only mid 14 second cars, its not like its a Z06 or something...

I think the point that you missed is that no one really cared that a properly modded 200sx can be fast, like he said anything can be fast if you put time and money into making it that way. This one wasnt, so what difference did it make. I could mod a skateboard to smoke a WRX if I really wanted to, does that mean that some kid gives me dirty looks on his skateboard and I tell someone about it I want to hear them tell me "well if he had an acme rocket on there he'd smoke you"... no it doesnt, I think everyone on here knows the potential of a turbocharged car, and the fact that a properly built motor will put down lots of HP, its no surprise that a 200sx, or VW 1.8T, or (insert any turbo car ever made) can do that to...

and the mods that a "properly tuned" sr20det 200sx would have would be realistic and are done on many cars that I've seen, unlike "strapping an acme rocket to a skateboard" Sure, anything can be fast if you have enough money, but a properly modded sr'ed 200sx isn't going to cost you $150,000 like a used rocket would.

and the mods that a "properly tuned" sr20det 200sx would have would be realistic and are done on many cars that I've seen, unlike "strapping an acme rocket to a skateboard" Sure, anything can be fast if you have enough money, but a properly modded sr'ed 200sx isn't going to cost you $150,000 like a used rocket would.
    Wow man, you took the acme rocket thing way too seriously and completely missed the point of what I wrote. The thing is YOU WERENT THERE. We all know what a tuned turbo car can do, and the guy who watched the car gunning it in traffic even said it didnt look that fast. Heres the point (I wont use analogy's this timeto make it simpler): we all know how fast a tuned SR20 can be....we dont care, this one wasnt fast.... if you really want to perpetuate this longer why not go into my cobra kill thread and tell me how it would have smoked me if it was a properly tunned SC cobra...do you get my point yet?
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 09-27-2005 at 02:54 PM.

but it wasn't supercharged and a non sc'ed cobra isn't that fast anyways. And of course I wasn't there. I said theoretically speaking, if that 200sx would have had a standard sr20det swap with the standard parts I mentioned, it would have been fast enough to take him from a roll, but would have had traction problems off the line because of fwd. If that's too complicated to understand, maybe you stop posting in this thread.

And for the "WEREN'T THERE" part, it seems to not matter much in this forum because of all the people saying my car didn't beat a stock wrx....

WTF is with you sig. Dude, your car is slow, its a jetta. Sell the chick car and get something worth moding.

nissans are like hondas these days you never know what you get. its like graduating from honda elementary to nissan middle school. in my experiance some are fast most are not.. but you never know.. when people give me the 2f2furious stare i dont even bother to acknowledge them. most of the time because those kids are dangerous. i dont want them crashin into some **** i'll end up feelin guilty. but back to the subject there mostly all homebrewed and swapped with **** not runnin correctly most of the time.

on another note i know a guy with a G20 with that sr20 in there. he has a custom turbo kit with a t3/t4 plus yada yada yada. u get the idea. surprisingly i spanked him pretty bad from a few rolls with me tellin him to go first .. Atleast I dont hear how fast his car is supposedly anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    WTF is with you sig. Dude, your car is slow, its a jetta. Sell the chick car and get something worth moding.

If I can really make as much money as a real estate agent as promised, the bmw m6 that's coming out looks nice. 500 hp and 383 ft/lbs tq.

but it wasn't supercharged and a non sc'ed cobra isn't that fast anyways. And of course I wasn't there. I said theoretically speaking, if that 200sx would have had a standard sr20det swap with the standard parts I mentioned, it would have been fast enough to take him from a roll, but would have had traction problems off the line because of fwd. If that's too complicated to understand, maybe you stop posting in this thread.

And for the "WEREN'T THERE" part, it seems to not matter much in this forum because of all the people saying my car didn't beat a stock wrx....
    What is this thing about everyone telling you your VW cant beat a WRX. NEWS FLASH: STOCK WRX'S ARENT THAT FAST....and neather are any stock VW's.... who is telling you that your chipped VW cant beat a stock WRX? One of my best friends owned a 1.8T GTI and with a chip and intake against my stock WRX he would slowly pull past me from a roll, but it wasn't bad enough to be worth bragging about. Not to mention just adding a downpipe tipped the scales, and it wasnt even worth racing after I flashed my stage 2 (his words not mine) .
    And no, in your original argument you didnt say:

:if that 200sx would have had a standard sr20det swap with the standard parts I mentioned, it would have been fast enough to take him from a roll, but would have had traction problems off the line because of fwd
    in your original posts.... where this began was here:

:and that's why that 200sx would have probably torn the wrx a new *******. They come stock with an sr20de, the stock version of the japanese 180sx's (which is a 240sx over here) sr20det, which is a direct swap into these cars. They're rated something like 220 crank hp, but they only come with an engine and a transmission, so a boost controller, exhaust, fmic, and all the other essentials are usually put on the car at the same time the motor goes in, and which usually pull anywhere from 220-250+ with -just- a swap. plus it's lighter and fwd, only having a disadvantage from a stop seeing has how the sr20det seems to be a topend monster. That or he could have had an rb25, which is the 2.5 turbo skyline motor that people do swaps with...
    Add to that the fact that you dont even know what mods were done to the WRX (and didnt even ask before you started mouthing off), its a pretty insultingly presumptuous statemen, but I guess your too eager to put everyone in place and tell us all how slow our WRX's are, as we can all see from your signature.

and then I went on to add

then it could have been a stock sr20de with an aftermarket turbo added and not putting out that much power, but if it was a swap like I described, you would have a hard time with it from a roll unless you had 250+whp
    I love how you're only trying to bring parts in to make me look like the bad guy. See how it says "you would have had a hard time with it from a roll unless you had 250+whp".

That's insinuating that he was to atleast have a stage 2+ that can put down that power. I don't know what he has. But I figured he needed that much before he would have pulled away from a modded sr20det.

It makes it easier if you read the whole book instead of just bits and pieces....

$150,000 like a used rocket would.
    You can buy used rockets? Wont they be worthless
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    You can buy used rockets? Wont they be worthless

as long as you run 91+ octane, they should be fine.

O yea i thought it was something like that. O and make sure to have napa do all your head work to
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.