gt mustang race - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on gt mustang race within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MainFrame BTW, I've killed a GT or two, and my car is only stage 2. My good ...

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame
    BTW, I've killed a GT or two, and my car is only stage 2.

My good friend and neighbor has an 02 GT all stock except intake. I am stage 2, Umm I crush him.. in fact he has even started to make jokes about me wasting my gas running him because I walk him. We ran from 0 to 120 accross one of the bridges here and I had him by atleast 3 or 4 bus lengths and still pulling. Now in his defense he is also driving an automatic..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude
    Mustangs on the street are nothing special. Sooo heavy and RWD so they spin and get all sideways and meanwhile you have taken off and are viewing them in the review. Then they avoid all eye contact with you at the next light because there "muscle car" got beat by a Subbie.

Properly driven at the track with perfect traction and modded they can be OK, but still heavy and requires mad skillz to launch it.

Overrated low-tech cars basically. You can put a big engine on a pig but it's still a pig.
    Coming from someone who owns both types, that's a pretty ignorant and misinformed statement.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    Coming from someone who owns both types, that's a pretty ignorant and misinformed statement.

When you race highschool kids rolling on all seasons this is what you get. . . but this guy shouldn't think for a second because he's lining up against turds that all mustangs are.

Setup some races with people that 1.) know how to setup a car 2.) know how to drive. . . it's over at that point.

Here's one hooking on the street against a 8 second evo

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    This thread makes me laugh...

Everyone is magazine racing here... all because you can't quantify the driver. One description includes "perfect driving" but still credits the car.. come on guys! Claim some of your own credit.

*I* have both a Cobb Stage 2 WRX and an 05 GT and that GT will walk up and down all over that WRX. I love them both, but displacement wins, sorry.

Sir you are very wrong, nothing left to say. now shuuush!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Mustangs on the street are nothing special. Sooo heavy and RWD so they spin and get all sideways and meanwhile you have taken off and are viewing them in the review. Then they avoid all eye contact with you at the next light because there "muscle car" got beat by a Subbie.
    Properly driven at the track with perfect traction and modded they can be OK, but still heavy and requires mad skillz to launch it.
    Overrated low-tech cars basically. You can put a big engine on a pig but it's still a pig.
    it's people like this that make me happy I'm selling my subaru & getting a mustang
    I drive a '04RS, & don't have the inclnation to change my s/n...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PJwrx
    it's people like this that make me happy I'm selling my subaru & getting a mustang
    Meh, it's a Subaru forum. Go to a 'stang forum and you'll get the same kinda comments biased the other way. No surprise.

Thankfully, there are a decent number of people here who are able to see past their brand loyalty and biases enough to be able to appreciate other kinds of cars. Otherwise this place would get boring really quickly..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

it all depends.

Go tell that to a guy in a Mach1 running mid 12's with exhaust, headers and gears
    or to a guy an 03/04 cobra making nearly 500whp with bolt on's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Meh, it's a Subaru forum. Go to a 'stang forum and you'll get the same kinda comments biased the other way. No surprise.

Thankfully, there are a decent number of people here who are able to see past their brand loyalty and biases enough to be able to appreciate other kinds of cars. Otherwise this place would get boring really quickly..

Ray, this place could never be boring as long as you are around...
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Sweet, welcome to the club, I sold my STi for a Cobra. Which Stang are you getting?
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Sweet, welcome to the club, I sold my STi for a Cobra. Which Stang are you getting?
    Congrats on the cobra! Any regrets/comparisons about the switch?...

I have some medical bills/housing costs to take care of so I'm selling my 04 2.5rs for a used mustang, might as well be happy while I'm poor right?... I had to get my tranny partially replaced (syncros, 3rd & 4th gear) under warranty at only 26k miles; that and the paint problems kind of broke my sprit concerning subarus, and as I said, I need the $.

If possible I'll get a 1999+ mustang (staying away from the non-PI mod motors of course Hard top, 5-speed, hopefully with minimal mods. I'd like to get a fox body/notchback, but this will be my only car, so I'd rather get something with less miles in the hope of lower maintence costs from the lower miles, etc.

I have some medical bills/housing costs to take care of so I'm selling my 04 2.5rs for a used mustang, might as well be happy while I'm poor right?... I had to get my tranny partially replaced (syncros, 3rd & 4th gear) under warranty at only 26k miles; that and the paint problems kind of broke my sprit concerning subarus, and as I said, I need the $.

If possible I'll get a 1999+ mustang (staying away from the non-PI mod motors of course Hard top, 5-speed, hopefully with minimal mods. I'd like to get a fox body/notchback, but this will be my only car, so I'd rather get something with less miles in the hope of lower maintence costs from the lower miles, etc.
    Definately get a 99+ if you can, those are the better 4.6L compared to the earlier ones. Coupe is the way to go. I love my Cobra. Obviously, the Cobra doesn't quite handle as well but the Cobra is so much faster it is rediculous. And it is so much cheaper to mod. I enjoy the Cobra a hell of a lot more than the STi too.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

You live in NY and your planning on getting a Mustang as your only car Well, good luck to you, I'd recomend investing in a good set of snow tires....I guess LI probably isnt quite as bad as the snow I'm used to upstate, but still, be careful, those things can be a handful in bad weather (I know the 2 Camaros I had were a little worse than my 87 GT, but still...). None of us want to hear about another fellow car enthusiest loosing a fight with a patch of the white stuff.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Snow's really not too bad, especially with long island's ultra-excessive salting/plowing regimen. v6 stang rims/snowtires/kitty litter etc should help. Worst comes to worst, I can either take a sick day, or walk a few blocks and use the LIRR to get home & back.

I don't think this race is going to be too hard. Mustangs have some power to them, but I think a race from a dig should be an easy victory. I raced a buddy with an 04 GT with exhaust, CAI, 315 tires in the rear, and a couple other things and we were pretty much dead even and I only had an upgraded wastegate. I also was running on the stock vacuum lines, so the upgraded wastegate didn't really make that much of a difference. We raced several times from a dig and he would immediately pull on me with the fatty tires he had on, but other than the car or so lead he had on me from the launch, it was a pretty dead even heat.

My brother's WRX holds it's own very well against my car in a dig race. I can only pull on him right around the beginning of 3rd gear. So, I think you will definitely take this guy out, considering he doesn't really have too many mods on there.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123