Civic Turbo and Z28 and SRT4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Civic Turbo and Z28 and SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well it's been a fun couple days here. A friend and I left a restaurant with him in his 99 ...

Civic Turbo and Z28 and SRT4

Well it's been a fun couple days here. A friend and I left a restaurant with him in his 99 Civic Turbo that I thought would KILL me since he runs 13.2-13.4 at the track. As we went around a corner I swung wide onto a long five-laner and he was in the near lane. I was in second and heard him hit it so I did. I was at his back bumper where I stayed until I shifted to third when I pulled even and we shut down right as I went into fourth at about 100. He said he wasn't surprised I pulled on him since he doesn't run quick on pump gas. At the track he runs on race gas with a race map.

I was on the interstate and a green older Z28 (with the squared headlights) came whipping up behind me on an exit ramp. He was in the left lane and cut me off to turn right!!! I was pissed so as we came off the exit ramp onto the street we hit the first light side by side. He was staring at me and revving. I smiled and rapped it up to about 5000 and slipped through first and got a car or so on him. Second gained another car and third was about four cars ahead. I slowed down and he turned.

The SRT4 was another story. I was at a light in a residential and got onto a main street when he came FLYING up next to me and basically slammed on his brakes. We hit a light and I thought 'if he's stock or stage I it's over' ... he wasn't stock or stage I but it WAS over. I got him off the launch, but then heard him coming up and he made me look like I was standing still. Ouch. He must've put about five cars on me by the time I shut down. It was U-G-L-Y I ain't got no alibi.

Oh well a fun weekend indeed.

T
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol need a higher trap speed to take an srt4. Good runs though, what turbo kit does your friend's civic have?
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI
    lol need a higher trap speed to take an srt4. Good runs though, what turbo kit does your friend's civic have?
    Yeah SRT4s are fast no doubt about it. I can usually beat stock and stage Is. I believe the turbo kit on the Honda some sort of custom T3/T4 hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    Yeah SRT4s are fast no doubt about it. I can usually beat stock and stage Is. I believe the turbo kit on the Honda some sort of custom T3/T4 hybrid.
    with a 96 mph trap speed? And by older Camaro, you mean a 3rd gen? Because even an LT1 would be a car with a 96 mph trap speed.

To be fair, a stage II should be trapping higher than 96 mph.
    04 Silver STi M6

definately had to be lt1 with square headlights i just got rid of ls1 98 with round and they are so much faster than an lt1 like comparing rs vrs sti

Everybody's so enamored with trap speed aren't they? I wasn't racing these people from 60-130, I was racing from zero ... that's from a stop ... up to about 80 or 100 depending on where we were. Races on the track are only a quarter-mile so I don't understand what the big deal if I trap at 96 is. If I cross that line quicker than the other guy ... I win!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.