Civic Turbo and Z28 and SRT4

This is a discussion on Civic Turbo and Z28 and SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well it's been a fun couple days here. A friend and I left a restaurant with him in his 99 ...

Civic Turbo and Z28 and SRT4

Well it's been a fun couple days here. A friend and I left a restaurant with him in his 99 Civic Turbo that I thought would KILL me since he runs 13.2-13.4 at the track. As we went around a corner I swung wide onto a long five-laner and he was in the near lane. I was in second and heard him hit it so I did. I was at his back bumper where I stayed until I shifted to third when I pulled even and we shut down right as I went into fourth at about 100. He said he wasn't surprised I pulled on him since he doesn't run quick on pump gas. At the track he runs on race gas with a race map.

I was on the interstate and a green older Z28 (with the squared headlights) came whipping up behind me on an exit ramp. He was in the left lane and cut me off to turn right!!! I was pissed so as we came off the exit ramp onto the street we hit the first light side by side. He was staring at me and revving. I smiled and rapped it up to about 5000 and slipped through first and got a car or so on him. Second gained another car and third was about four cars ahead. I slowed down and he turned.

The SRT4 was another story. I was at a light in a residential and got onto a main street when he came FLYING up next to me and basically slammed on his brakes. We hit a light and I thought 'if he's stock or stage I it's over' ... he wasn't stock or stage I but it WAS over. I got him off the launch, but then heard him coming up and he made me look like I was standing still. Ouch. He must've put about five cars on me by the time I shut down. It was U-G-L-Y I ain't got no alibi.

Oh well a fun weekend indeed.

T
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol need a higher trap speed to take an srt4. Good runs though, what turbo kit does your friend's civic have?
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI
    lol need a higher trap speed to take an srt4. Good runs though, what turbo kit does your friend's civic have?
    Yeah SRT4s are fast no doubt about it. I can usually beat stock and stage Is. I believe the turbo kit on the Honda some sort of custom T3/T4 hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    Yeah SRT4s are fast no doubt about it. I can usually beat stock and stage Is. I believe the turbo kit on the Honda some sort of custom T3/T4 hybrid.
    with a 96 mph trap speed? And by older Camaro, you mean a 3rd gen? Because even an LT1 would be a car with a 96 mph trap speed.

To be fair, a stage II should be trapping higher than 96 mph.
    04 Silver STi M6

definately had to be lt1 with square headlights i just got rid of ls1 98 with round and they are so much faster than an lt1 like comparing rs vrs sti

Everybody's so enamored with trap speed aren't they? I wasn't racing these people from 60-130, I was racing from zero ... that's from a stop ... up to about 80 or 100 depending on where we were. Races on the track are only a quarter-mile so I don't understand what the big deal if I trap at 96 is. If I cross that line quicker than the other guy ... I win!